Maryville vs. Dobyns-Bennett TSSAA 6A Quarterfinals

Red Rebels

Personally I can't wait for Friday night...If we want to be champions. we have to beat champions. Looking forward to bringing D-B football to Blount county Friday night,lining up and hopefully letting two fine groups of young men decide their own fate without any help for aging wannabe Zebras with too much laundry hanging in their pockets

Know one thing, the zebras wont be the Blount County association. They are one of the worst herds of zebras in the state, fo sho. Guessign a group from Oak Ridge or towards Chattanooga.

Butt the's guys haiv emproved and jist need two play thair posishuns rilly good....

On tha othur side....Even tho we lost Patton, Brandon Guy, and Big Jay etc.....While maybee nott az explosive az laist yeer...This yeer's off-fence seems two be a little moore evun-keeled and iz out scorrin' laist yeer's teem bye abowt a avridge ov 4 points....(accordin two my dee-vidin' and goes-in-tas)......popcorneater.gif

Each year it amazes me how GQ and Company shape and mold a team to fit what they need to be doing come playoff time. The O-line, inspite of the loss of some pretty impressive beasts up front, is clicking like a well oiled machine. Defensive line will be a key in this one. Pressure and Containment will be so important.

I am not sure how much confidence some DB fans have in their coach to get the Tribe ready for this! The doubters may wish to consider a statement told to me by a Head Coach when I asked him how hard it was to prepare for Maryville. He said, "They're not that hard to prepare for, you can know what they are going to do and what you need to do to stop it! The problem is they do it so well!"

Speaking of something done well. How about that field goal, at the end of the first half in the Oak Ridge game? Classic example of a disciplined well coached team. Clock is running! No time outs! In 15 seconds he gets the team on the field and scores as the half runs out! That's why that's the best coaching staff in the State at any level! UT could learn something from this man!

Edited by oldhick76

Each year it amazes me how GQ and Company shape and mold a team to fit what they need to be doing come playoff time. The O-line, inspite of the loss of some pretty impressive beasts up front, is clicking like a well oiled machine. Defensive line will be a key in this one. Pressure and Containment will be so important.

I am not sure how much confidence some DB fans have in their coach to get the Tribe ready for this! The doubters may wish to consider a statement told to me by a Head Coach when I asked him how hard it was to prepare for Maryville. He said, "They're not that hard to prepare for, you can know what they are going to do and what you need to do to stop it! The problem is they do it so well!"

Speaking of something done well. How about that field goal, at the end of the first half in the Oak Ridge game? Classic example of a disciplined well coached team. Clock is running! No time outs! In 15 seconds he gets the team on the field and scores as the half runs out! That's why that's the best coaching staff in the State at any level! UT could learn something from this man!

it was more like 8.2 and running...

yes it was impressive for any team at any level. I have never seen that done with such precision. It looked like 11 guys ran off and 11 more ran on. When I saw that I realized we probably weren't going to win on that night. It was a killer

That's the only hope for any team to win from this quad. Have to play the best from the west AFTER you have beaten yourself up playing the best competition in the state (IMO).

As far as Maryville teams go, if this team makes it's way through this quad, then to Cookeville and wins, I think you can chaulk them up as one of the best ever. Not as flashy etc., but look at who they will have defeated if they get it done.

I think it's silly to compare teams from different years , but yes last years squad had in my eyes the best secondary Maryville has ever had . I think George knew all along that he would have to put Shuler and Kimble back there some against the better passing teams , plus the added speed is good to have to stop the Home runs like Shuler proved against Oak Ridge . I can't tell you how many years I have thought Wow , what are we going to do when we lose so and so .... only to be amazed how the new guys step in and get the job done . Every team we've had has been different , including this year , but there's lots of ways to win . Yes last year we had some huge linemen , great secondary , and an amazing QB , but this year our offense with Nick Myers , Shawn Prevo ,Trenton Shuler , T.J. Kimble ,Cody Carroll , "Bear" Winders , and great Line play by a bunch of unsung heroes , has made our offense nearly impossible to stop .

Against Oak Ridge to begin the 3rd Qtr Oak Ridge had a very impressive , long drive . They did that because Rian Hall made several Clutch , perfect throws , but after that when we needed a stop our defense sucked it up and got the job done .

Just like Coach Bradley from CAK knew he was going to have to make changes on his defense when they played Alcoa , I think George knew all along he may have to make those same changes with your better offensive athletes playing both ways .... but just like CAK , he knew we could probably win most games as is , and why jeopardize injuries all year long when you don't have to . All bets are off now , every game is a one season game , win or go home , I really like our chances with this fine Football Team that we have , plus the Coaching staff that is second to none . I just hope us fans can rise to the challenge of being the best fans that this great team deserves .

Ok, I know theres a mistake in there with all the Bar-eee'in & Equlls and such. So I sent this post to my buddies at the Department of Defense Cryptology division. They said they hadn't seen anything like this since the Navajo Code Talkers during the war with Japan. I still say your math is way off.

Fraid knott WaCo......Eye wint baik and dubble checked hit wif my maff trainin' philm.....cool.png

I am going to Maryville High on Wednesday to buy tickets. If anyone wants me to pick up tickets for rhem, meet me at the new Food City on Center Street on Tuesday at 6pm with $$$. I will meet back at the same location and same Bat Time on Wesnesday.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

Buyers Beware....If my Seinfield facts are correct, Art Vandalay of Vandalay Industries is a fictious character. I checked the Kingsport Directory and there are no Vandalay Industries listed. I would be very supicious of this guy.icon_mrgreen.gificon_mrgreen.gif