Marion (9-2) vs FSC (10-1)

98nationalchmps

So if we beat Marion by 28+ then y'all just didnt show up right?

This warrior doesn't make excuses, and y'all should win by 28+. One thing is for sure, this team won't be as talented as your but they will show up for sure. Likely this game will be decided on if mc can force several turnovers, because our pass defense has been horrible all year. These fairweather fans that only come out when we make the quarterfinals may make bold predictions and make excuses, but I will not.

This warrior doesn't make excuses, and y'all should win by 28+. One thing is for sure, this team won't be as talented as your but they will show up for sure. Likely this game will be decided on if mc can force several turnovers, because our pass defense has been horrible all year. These fairweather fans that only come out when we make the quarterfinals may make bold predictions and make excuses, but I will not.

Correct TTP. If Marion can mount some type effective pass rush and, gulp, finally tighten up on their downfield pass defense, it's game on. The way these boys have been hitting lately, turn overs will almost certainly come. Our defensive backs need to realize a ball in the air is theirs as much as it is the opponents. Just have never demonstrated they're willing to break on a pass play looking to intercept. Not the time to criticize though. Defense has shown improvement lately. A little more and they're legitimate contenders. FCS is in for a competitive ballgame Friday night. I don't have Babic's confidence yet but I'm getting there.

I don't know if 28+ is how much we should win by, but I do know that we will score a lot if y'all can't cover a pass. I think whoever wins the turnover battle will have a huge advantage and usually turnovers happen because a good defense causes them, not that the other teams offense didnt "show up." I thinks Marion's best chance to win this game is to go into the fourth quarter with either the lead or only down by 1 score. Our starters have only played 2 full games this entire year and conditioning could become a factor if its a close game. I don't think Marion can let us score quickly and get a 3+ TD lead, if that happens it will be a very long game for y'all cause I don't see our starters coming out of the game. They need to play for 4 quarters even if it is a blow out

Mc will have to mount some kind of effective pass rush or it will be a long game. Ccs threw for over 300 yard and they are terrible. The defense was much improved last week. Hopefully we can get some of those onside kicks recovered. I have no doubt our offense will score some points, but we have to be able to get 2 or 3 turnovers as well. I said a few weeks ago this will be a mercy rule type game but I may be backing off of that a little. What base offense does friendship use? They go out of the spread?

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

Old Pirate says the Warriors need to take a few notes from the Pirates with these privates. FCS came to the Speedway and their super star cared more about running out of bounds than running north & south after the Pirates earholed him a few times.

Who was that super star? Lee Maasen always played pretty well against y'all. If you're talking about Rickaway, everyone knew he didn't like getting hit. It's more about the player then it is the team the "super star" plays for

Who was that super star? Lee Maasen always played pretty well against y'all. If you're talking about Rickaway, everyone knew he didn't like getting hit. It's more about the player then it is the team the "super star" plays for

Old Pirate ain't sure of the player but pert near it was the last feud at the Speedway several years back! Them Jasper younguns jest might bring a nasty side to your house. Recon that will be up to them.....?