siegel vs. riverdale round two

daisyssister

Blackman showed us bits and pieces of what it took to compete with Siegel. A big question remainsto be answered. Is there anyone that can do it for a complete game? That is the answer Riverdale is going to have to come up with. They definetly have the talent. But Siegel's offense can put up points in bunches and thier defense swarms to the ball and is highly underrated. And they have sooooooo much depth. Good to see Riverdale healthy again. I think it will be close but Siegel will be to much in the end.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cool.png

Did you know? 7AAA (SEC of Tennessee football?) has had a team in the final 4 every year since 1997? Can any other district claim 3 teams making it that far and a team making it every year since 1997? With Siegel hosting Riverdale, the streak is assured of remaining intact for 2012.

2011: Riverdale

2010: Smyrna

2009: Riverdale

2008: Oakland

2007: Smyrna

2006: Smyrna

2005: Riverdale

2004: Riverdale

2003: Riverdale

2002: Riverdale

2001: Riverdale

2000: Riverdale

1999: Oakland

1998: Oakland

1997: Riverdale

SEC wins championships not just makes it to the final four so I do not believe they will even compare to it in any sense at all. The closest is Maryville which has dominated 6A for several of these past years.

I believe smyrna, riverdale and oakland have won about 9 big boy championships and been runner ups in about that many more. thats not taking anything away from Maryville because they belong in the SEC too, instead of the ACC.

WOW !! We are moving up in the World !! Wow we actually belong in SEC /7AAA Category now ?? Wow , I'm just not sure we're worthy ... lol :mrgreen:

D-B historically is comparable to a Big East champ, great record in the regular season and then gets beat like a drum in post season.

D-B's playoff record has been bad, but they rarely get beat like a drum... they usually lose close games to teams they should beat. The only drum beating I can recall was the year they went 5-5, were lucky to get into the playoffs and went up against Maryville in the first round. That was not a typical D-B team.

SEC wins championships not just makes it to the final four so I do not believe they will even compare to it in any sense at all. The closest is Maryville which has dominated 6A for several of these past years.

Smyrna came within a bad long snap of winning one against Maryville a couple of years ago. B)

Riverdale is 4-5 in Championship Game

Oakland is 3-2

Smyrna is 2-1

9-8 17 appearances - 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1998, 1997, 1995, 1994, 1993, - and when it was only 3 classes: 1989, 1988, 1984