siegel vs. riverdale round two

daisyssister

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game and atmosphere last night. Congrats to Siegel on a great win and a great season. Sounds like they'll have to go the rest of the way without their starting QB but they have the talent on offense...along with an awesome defense and kicking game.

Siegel's defense does not get enough credit. They will be asked to carry the load next week.

Riverdale's came out last night and played their heart's out. The defense played well enough to win but the offense was just too inconsistent. Siegel made some huge plays on 4th down.

Riverdale never quit and they definitely had a couple times where they could have. Siegel is just relentless. Siegel is just so sound fundamentally and their coaching staff seems to be at the top of their game.

I agree with LOD. Let's get out and support Siegel Friday night. They are a class bunch and I'd be proud to see them bring home the gold ball for Rutherford County.

I am an out of towner who always comes to Rutherford county during play-off time. I was very interested in seeing Siegel after reading about them all year. They are a good team but the Riverdale team they beat last night is not what I have seen from Riverdale in the past. Its obvious. I am not taking anything away from Siegel and will be pulling for the mid-state like I always do but it makes me wonder if the district as a whole was as strong this year as normal.

It was a great game and atmosphere last night. Congrats to Siegel on a great win and a great season. Sounds like they'll have to go the rest of the way without their starting QB but they have the talent on offense...along with an awesome defense and kicking game.

Siegel's defense does not get enough credit. They will be asked to carry the load next week.

Riverdale's came out last night and played their heart's out. The defense played well enough to win but the offense was just too inconsistent. Siegel made some huge plays on 4th down.

Riverdale never quit and they definitely had a couple times where they could have. Siegel is just relentless. Siegel is just so sound fundamentally and their coaching staff seems to be at the top of their game.

I agree with LOD. Let's get out and support Siegel Friday night. They are a class bunch and I'd be proud to see them bring home the gold ball for Rutherford County.

Class post. Riverdale played hard and showed why they easily took out #2 and #3 (both District champs) in the playoffs. Congrats on another great season and I will miss those seniors. Siegel needs to take better care of the ball though if they want to have any chance against Maryville, especially if #7 is out. Field is getting torn up pretty good this time of year, it was kind of funny watching the band perform on the track at halftime. Looks like a dry week but the bermuda is done for the year so it won't be in any better shape unless they spray some green paint on the dirt spots.

Congrats to Riverdale on a great season. It appears from watching from across the state that you guys improved a lot as the season progressed and made a very impressive run in the play-offs.

Looking forward to the Siegel experience and a great game. Hope the initial reports that I have heard about your QB are not accurate and will be praying for this young man this week.