Early predictions for 8-AA 2013

It was 3-1 DeKalb winning with starters JV lost though idk the score. The only time Gordonsville scored on dekalbs first string d was the tipped pass that Gordonsville picked off then scored 1 or 2 plays later on a sweep. The first touchdown was against 2nds then they put starters out.

Edited by TheLateGreat

Dekalb starters handled it pretty well. I said tie because I didn't want to claim we had second string in when the other td's were scored because we did have some subs in but not all. Gill did good then he was out a drive which was gville's second td. Jennings looks like a taller poteete. Rolls out just like him and he was on the money with the passes for the most part. I look forward to seein him grow into the position. We have work to do for sure, but losing a much as we did I'm pleased with what I saw.

About the Smith Co. scrimmage. How was Trousdale? We play them this year. Just wondering how you think that'll turn out?

Dekalb starters handled it pretty well. I said tie because I didn't want to claim we had second string in when the other td's were scored because we did have some subs in but not all. Gill did good then he was out a drive which was gville's second td. Jennings looks like a taller poteete. Rolls out just like him and he was on the money with the passes for the most part. I look forward to seein him grow into the position. We have work to do for sure, but losing a much as we did I'm pleased with what I saw.

About the Smith Co. scrimmage. How was Trousdale? We play them this year. Just wondering how you think that'll turn out?

TC is real quick. They looked much improved from last year.

I thought some of the younger players looked good. #17 at safety was real aggressive made some good plays until he got banged up and #23 looked good as well. I believe the running game will come around, What did you guys think about the the fresh faces??

We need the running game to come around in a hurry. A young qbs best friend is a good running game, we got the back in Milan to get it done.

My thoughts leaving CHS/UHS/FRayan.........Maynard at CHS has his hands full. I know CHS schedule is easier this year but he had to feel like yesterday he should had stayed at Smith. UHS defense looked very strong. This one DE kid Ely made 3-4 talkes in backfield verse both teams virtually hitting the backs at they took the handoff. UHS also had some kid looked to be 6'3,350ish at noise. He didnt move very well but no one could push him out of the way and he hkept things clogg. I was impressed by there D. I hope to go see LA's next scrimmage. UHS might have some depth problems. FRyan and CHS had a freshman game on another field and UHS youngsters with freshman stayed and played the Bteam of CHS and Fryan on main field and didnt look good. of course both those teams had over 100 guys dressed and UhS looked to have about 60.

How did the O line look? They better at pass protection or run locking?

Hard to say. At times pass blocking was good. Jennings had lots of good deep balls thrown. Then at other times he was rushed to throw or scramble. He's a dual threat qb as most DC qb's have been recently so he made things happen. When it comes down to it, I didn't leave disappointed. And believe me I didn't know what to expect losing all but one lineman. As for running it will improve but needs work. Milan is strong and fast but needs blocking. There is hope for the future, though. When b teams went in we had an 80 yard drive of running straight up the middle every play. As far as lines go the d line is a strong point. We were knockin the qb down on almost every pass. Forced an interception from pressure. Gill pancaked the o lineman a few times.