Milan at CPA. The Rematch

spectator1

You very well may be a Milan fan. If so. it seems that you take an odd way to show it.

Milan indeed has a good team. The Jackson Sun this week described Milan as a Tennessee Dynasty and they have the history and trophy case that proves that. All that being said, I don't think that Milan dominated the pits last year. The game that I watched was pretty even. There were some great plays on both sides of the ball by both teams. Milan had the better team and came away with the victory. I think it was one of the best high school football games that I have seen.

Milan's front line may be better than CPA's. They look and play impressively. If Milan does dominate CPA's front line, it will be the first team this year that will have done so. But you are right in that the line will be a huge key to the outcome of the game.

Milan has always had very competitve teams year in and year out. That is due to the program that Coach Morris and his staff have built over the years. My thoughts on this years team is this group has done a good job of puttting together wins but for some reason they never seem to be able to put it all together and have that great game in which they impose their will upon the other team. Milan's season will come to an end this Friday night due to CPA will attack the areas of Milan's defense that is vulnerable.....the secondary. I feel like we will see sweeps and swing passes early and often. Our secondary is below average IMO when it comes to tackling and covering. If CPA attacks that area of Milan's defense then they will move on. Last year was a CLASSIC game, hard hitting and very physical. Those are the types of games that Milan wants to play. This year I see CPA taking a different approach and being successful.

CPA 34

Milan 20

I remember that Huntingdon Milan game..... as well as the one in 2003. They were both in the semi's and they were absolute wars!!!

They were! The 2003 game was one of the best high school football games I have ever witnessed. The 2004 game I am sure lives in Morris' mind to this day. Milan was about a foot away from going to the title game. They chose to punt and Donald took over when he needed to for Huntingdon. Those were absolutely 2 of west TN's best football programs at that time (those game during that era rivaled the Maryville vs Alcoa games).

2003 loss was alot worse. That was a guaranteed state championship. I remember the david lipscomb coach being at that game because their game got moved to sat against alcoa because of sleet and snow in east tn. He said to a buddy of mine that there was no way they could beat hunt or milan and he was right. hunt beat them badly the next week

2003 loss was alot worse. That was a guaranteed state championship. I remember the david lipscomb coach being at that game because their game got moved to sat against alcoa because of sleet and snow in east tn. He said to a buddy of mine that there was no way they could beat hunt or milan and he was right. hunt beat them badly the next week

Amen! That 2003 team was incredible for Milan. Made me sick when they lost that game to Huntingdon on that bitter cold November night at Paul Ward Stadium. Still feel bad for that team, as I truly believe they were the best team in 2A that year...just not that night, and that what counts. Knowing they would have destroyed Lipscomb the next week...ughhhhhh, makes me sick all over again.

Amen! That 2003 team was incredible for Milan. Made me sick when they lost that game to Huntingdon on that bitter cold November night at Paul Ward Stadium. Still feel bad for that team, as I truly believe they were the best team in 2A that year...just not that night, and that what counts. Knowing they would have destroyed Lipscomb the next week...ughhhhhh, makes me sick all over again.

You know that team did not trail a game the entire season until that semi-final game against Huntingdon. Not even an early score in a game that caused them to get behind. They got behind 34-29 early in the 4th qtr of that game and forgot how to play. Turning the ball over really hurt us after that!!!

I've been trying to find Milan's stats for the year but have been unsuccessful. CPA has about 3000 yards rushing and 2000 yards passing for the year The last 7 games have been at least 50%+ passing.

I think the main key for the game is how Milan handles CPA's passing game. If they sell out to covering the.pass can CPA run the ball?

Edited by coachrus

OK i have read over this thread and got my laughs in. First it is hard to judge how good Middle TN teams are because there is not many teams that are good. Second how good was Cheatham Co. anyways? Last time I remembered that they were good they got demolished by a mediocre McKenzie team 2004. Not for sure but i know im real close correct if im wrong please. Third how many times can you say "Well our team is better than last years", "This is the best team we ever had", "This is the team that dominated that scrub team that played in a district that overall was horrible but one team stood undefeated". blah blah blah blah.....

In the last 10 years, the state finals (in all classes) have had 44 West Tn. teams in it and 19 have won. Middle Tn. has had 64 teams in the finals and won 31.