Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

I tell ye what...I'll go ahed an call it off if you gimme a new d*** tar....

" Be careful....aint nuthin fer me ta whup a mans a%^%!!"

I think the field is in great shape considering the time and manpower its given. The overall facility needs some work though. The visitors side bleachers are on the Capital Improvement list for the near future but not the home side. Both sides are falling apart and the buildings are nothing to take any pride in at all.

As for the post about the soccer field.... that was almost exclusively private money,( its actually called PRO2SERVE field) which is how ALL programs fund a majority of the improvements to athletic facilities. The nicest improvement to blankenship in years was a new surface where the cheerleaders are that is much safer than what was there. ( Thanks to URS )

The powers that be, who knows!! The only person I have any faith in at all is Keys Fillauer. I think we all know how I feel about Slingblade Mullins and the verdict is still out on Goins, but Mr. Fillauer is on the board for all the right reasons, and none of them are political.

Edited by 3wiggle

" Be careful....aint nuthin fer me ta whup a mans a%^%!!"

I think the field is in great shape considering the time and manpower its given. The overall facility needs some work though. The visitors side bleachers are on the Capital Improvement list for the near future but not the home side. Both sides are falling apart and the buildings are nothing to take any pride in at all.

As for the post about the soccer field.... that was almost exclusively private money,( its actually called PRO2SERVE field) which is how ALL programs fund a majority of the improvements to athletic facilities. The nicest improvement to blankenship in years was a new surface where the cheerleaders are that is much safer than what was there. ( Thanks to URS )

The powers that be, who knows!! The only person I have any faith in at all is Keys Fillauer. I think we all know how I feel about Slingblade Mullins and the verdict is still out on Goins, but Mr. Fillauer is on the board for all the right reasons, and none of them are political.

Not going to go off on Politicians or Principals...If you carry this another step further it may be easy to see who really should be blamed for facilities problems. The Arena, which is beautful, has no dressing rooms for visiting teams. The track facility is probably the worst in the East Tennessee region. The concessions and "facilities" for basketball including security were obviously ill designed. The trophy cases??? How bad does that look. All of that was designed, or not designed before MM became AD. The $60 million renovation has passed athletics by. It is really silly, shortsighted and uninformed to blame one person.

I have to agree the whole of the School board have drug their feet. When the Quarterback Club redid the concession stand/restroom building in 2000, the school gave nothing toward it. It all came from small businesses or individuals. And the guy that ran Rarity Ridge, now you know where some of "their" money went. I know because I was there and did some of the work.

With Bailey and Greene there was a whole different agenda and football wasn't it. Blankinship is second class to the School Board not worthy of being upgraded. And Keys Fillauer is still on the school board so don't expect change.

I'm ready to do it again so somebody get it started.

Not going to go off on Politicians or Principals...If you carry this another step further it may be easy to see who really should be blamed for facilities problems. The Arena, which is beautful, has no dressing rooms for visiting teams. The track facility is probably the worst in the East Tennessee region. The concessions and "facilities" for basketball including security were obviously ill designed. The trophy cases??? How bad does that look. All of that was designed, or not designed before MM became AD. The $60 million renovation has passed athletics by. It is really silly, shortsighted and uninformed to blame one person.

Seriously!!!..Why aren't all of our State title trophies in football out in those trophy cases..Even our 2 basketball state title trophies? Like they used to be at the old gym? I have noticed that, too. We have some trophies out, but they are region and district championship trophies...Ridiculous.

Sox, I would beg to differ... Slingblade Mullins was there through it all.... The trophy case, the press box, the upside down emblems.... He WAS part of the problem and none of the answer. Soon enough you will all learn what an IDIOT Slingblade really is. Anytime he decides to get involved in anything.... It's screwed up.