Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

SS, I have one of the old helmets, maybe you could talk junior into letting you wear it, just for old times sake.

Ha, that'd be nice. I miss them. I miss OR football the way it used to be, but i guess i'll have to live with the way it is now. I just don't like the new look, much at all. Whenever Blade leaves, i hope the new coach reinstates our old traditions. I like Blade and do think he is a really good coach, but he is from California and knows zilch about what tradition means to this fanbase and honestly pretty much ignores it. If it means stopping old traditions and starting new ones with new uniforms and helmets to get kids to go out for football then we have issues imo. I don't care what anyone says, those helmets were a hallmark and staple of OR football for 40 years.

Edited by SweetScience

SS, Boundur, ORKat, and evun blaid eye'm gonna miss playin yall....Eye luv and reespect tradishun and tradishunal places and those tripps two Big Ed's and watchin mommaSTARS wearin' out those littull pete-sir gurls wuz sumthin two behold...And then tha gaims wuz just tha icin' on top....Maybee we cain scrimmage agin???....

Edited by STARSNBARS

I agree, Mike Mullins has been a great AD. He brought in coach Aaron Green and Scott Blade need I say more? The only thing I don't like about the schedule is not having a week zero opponent before we play Farragut, but is that Mike Mullins fault? LOL

Nice highlight reel.....How about a nice qoute....... "Aaron Green WILL NOT be my basketball coach!!"

One guess as to who said that........some-folks-call-it-a-sling-blade.jpg?1299597428

A striking resemblance wouldn't you say?

Edited by 3wiggle

SS, Boundur, ORKat, and evun blaid eye'm gonna miss playin yall....Eye luv and reespect tradishun and tradishunal places and those tripps two Big Ed's and watchin mommaSTARS wearin' out those littull pete-sir gurls wuz sumthin two behold...And then tha gaims wuz just tha icin' on top....Maybee we cain scrimmage agin???....

Same here, STARS....From my understanding Maryville had 2 games available, the 3rd and the 5th game. Well, the 3rd game we play Halls and the 5th game we play Gibbs (both in-district foes btw) so because of that we weren't able to get the Rebels on the schedule this year. I hope next year we can bring that game back. I'm not the only OR fan who is disappointed in the Rebs not being on the schedule in 2013. And a lot of fans are ticked at us moving to 5A, but what can you do when your numbers are too low for the 6A level? Not much. Could elect to play up, but who actually does that? I think Signal Mountain did, but we see how that worked out for them this past year.

Edited by SweetScience

Same here, STARS....From my understanding Maryville had 2 games available, the 3rd and the 5th game. Well, the 3rd game we play Halls and the 5th game we play Gibbs (both in-district foes btw) so because of that we weren't able to get the Rebels on the schedule this year. I hope next year we can bring that game back. I'm not the only OR fan who is disappointed in the Rebs not being on the schedule in 2013. And a lot of fans are ticked at us moving to 5A, but what can you do when your numbers are too low for the 6A level? Not much. Could elect to play up, but who actually does that? I think Signal Mountain did, but we see how that worked out for them this past year.

I agree SS. I hope we can schedule this game again soon. 2 programs with great tradition that the fans love to see come together.

I understand moving down 100% though. These kids deserve a chance to compete for championships in the proper classification.

Edited by 3wiggle