Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

Another fine job by our AD. Drop the game your community wants, and add a game nobody wants. Mullins, your absolutley out of touch or just plain stupid. It's no more than a lack of effort on his part not getting this schedule better.

Mike Mullins is as big a part of the sports "culture" in Oak Ridge going down hill as the decline in enrollment. He has as much intelligence as hair.

I do not know your AD, nor do I have a dog in the fight but the schedule is largely set for you not by the AD. I can't speek to the open date opponents but the AD has no control over the district schedule. there are schedules set with each school drawing a number out of a hat that coresponds to a pre set schedule. That is why some of the teams you played on the road this past year you play on the road this year and why the schedule order is changed.

Edited by ET1979

Another fine job by our AD. Drop the game your community wants, and add a game nobody wants. Mullins, your absolutley out of touch or just plain stupid. It's no more than a lack of effort on his part not getting this schedule better.

Mike Mullins is as big a part of the sports "culture" in Oak Ridge going down hill as the decline in enrollment. He has as much intelligence as hair.

Yeah, that has to be it. It can't just be thatr OR isn't a growing community anymore. Is it that your kid or grandkid doesn't get to play? I blame Mullins for the declining tax base too. He's an easy target. A community of parents and kids that want ot work hard would be better and go farther than all of your mis-placed blame.

Yeah, that has to be it. It can't just be thatr OR isn't a growing community anymore. Is it that your kid or grandkid doesn't get to play? I blame Mullins for the declining tax base too. He's an easy target. A community of parents and kids that want ot work hard would be better and go farther than all of your mis-placed blame.

Effort has nothing to do with politics, he's an idiot. Are you related?

I apologize, perhaps I shouldn't have used the term sports culture, it is a wide brush.

I should have called it participation, expectation of performance. And over all achievement of our high school athletics.

Yeah, you're right.... That's better.

Yeah and that's not better. You are blaming the AD at Oak Ridge High School for what? Bad players and small middle school teams in football. That seems more than a little over the top. You hate Coach Mullins for what reason? Did he make you do push-ups in PE? The kids and parents have to make the decision to play sports or not and maybe they will be interested enough to make a year long commitment. People in the OR athletic community seem to want AYSO for their own kids (everyone gets a trophy and a hug) but still be state contenders. If you are going to call Oak Ridge High School athletics "ours" maybe you would know something about the community.

Yeah and that's not better. You are blaming the AD at Oak Ridge High School for what? Bad players and small middle school teams in football. That seems more than a little over the top. You hate Coach Mullins for what reason? Did he make you do push-ups in PE? The kids and parents have to make the decision to play sports or not and maybe they will be interested enough to make a year long commitment. People in the OR athletic community seem to want AYSO for their own kids (everyone gets a trophy and a hug) but still be state contenders. If you are going to call Oak Ridge High School athletics "ours" maybe you would know something about the community.

I like it. Well said. Mike Mullins is Oak Ridge all the way. He has the respect of everynathletic director in East Tennessee . See what you do for the program instead of complaining about it.

I was born, raised and still live in Osk Ridge, and and am very in touch with the school/athletic program. You are speaking all around the issue that many of us have first hand knowledge of.

Obviously you don't have the advantage of trying to have an intelligent exchange with Miullins.

Strong post. No one knows who anyone is on here but you are the only one calling out a really nice guy and class act by name...way to man-up.

I was born, raised and still live in Osk Ridge, and and am very in touch with the school/athletic program. You are speaking all around the issue that many of us have first hand knowledge of.

Obviously you don't have the advantage of trying to have an intelligent exchange with Miullins.

What would you have the AD do any differently? Watching from outside, it seems like Oak Ridge has plenty of options for kids to play sports, like Boys Club football and basketball, pretty solid middle school football and basketball, and a lot of opportunities to play a lot of other sports in town, too. Oak Ridge usually has good track and basketball in addition to a very strong football coach and program. So what is there to do other than to play 5A ball and keep on working?