Oak Ridge 2013 Schedule?

boyfromsi

That person should be the AD then. Who forced him to hire Wortman? Good thing that experiment lasted only one year.

As for Gaddis, that would be a plus. Blade is a good coach, but his ego does tend to get in the way sometimes.

You guys are fun...I have to work so I haven't been able to visit regularly. I have decided reading over everything that tradition is better than winning. Blade wins and the team is still at Oak Ridge High School right? However, they still play on that tragedy of a field, right? They still have horrible dressing facilities at school and stadium...now that's some real tradition.

Edited by Soxfan1

You guys are fun...I have to work so I haven't been able to visit regularly. I have decided reading over everything that tradition is better than winning. Blade wins and the team is still at Oak Ridge High School right? However, they still play on that tragedy of a field, right? They still have horrible dressing facilities at school and stadium...now that's some real tradition.

Agree on the dressing rooms. Worst locker rooms I know of.

I have seen worse locker rooms, even smaller than ours. I won't name schools, but believe me there is a long long list of them.

We definately need an upgrade to the locker rooms and the press box, have needed those things for many years now, not sure why they won't spend the money for those changes when it is so obvious that they're needed.

Probably cause the powers don't care. They can spend money on a soccer field at the high school cause everybody sees it but who sees "The Ship" unless there's a game there. Maybe 20 times a year counting the middle schools? They just aren't going to spend the money. Maybe when the money runs out for the non revenue sports something will change.

So who are the powers? Goins, Mullins, Bailey, Fillauer. In other words, who do you think should pay for these upgrades. Football program? High School general fund? School board? City of Oak Ridge? Boosters? All of the above?

That may be the problem, all these groups are sitting around waiting for someone else to do it. I don't know the answer

Have you ever been in the press box on a friday night? Not enough room for radio, tv, and two coaching staffs. It has been way too crowded for a long long time. I feel sorry for David Clary, he deserves better.