CAK vs. Milan ( This Bradley man vs. this Morris man)

Roy Dillard

Kermit, I'm sorry for making fun of your news flash, my wife just told me that

I was mean. I tried to explain that us football fans have very thick skin and that

we talk smack a little. She repeated the word "smack" and rolled her eyes.

Teachers, you gotta love um.

Its ok I wasn't mad it wasn't a good news flash anyway I am so hyped up in the week I am on a writers block lol. Never thought Huntingdon, Adamsville & Milan would all be in championship. It's going to be a good week. For sure I am watching both games Friday, wish I could watch Adamsville but gotta work Saturday for missing Friday lol. Hope my second one was better guys if not I will do one in the postseason after all this week is over. Just a lot going on.

Edited by KermitDeeFrog

Well, each week during the playoffs I have thanked the Seniors of both teams prior to the game. Knowing that one set of Sr's would be playing their last high school football game while the other set moved on to play one more week. That's not the case this week. For BOTH sets of Sr.'s this will be their last high school football game ever. A select few will have the opportunity to play this great game again at the next level, but most will not. Even those players that have made it to college or even the NFL will often say that despite their success at the highest level the times they remember and cherish the most were those days spent "with the guys" during high school football. Thanks for all the memories! Thanks for making it possible for "past their prime" former players like myself to get out on Friday nights in football stadiums around this country and remember the days when we played, to dispense advise and football wisdom on anyone that will listen, and to enjoy watching the game that we love so much. You have represented yourself, your coaches, your families, your school, and your communities extremely well. Only one team will be victorious on Friday, but both are champions. Good luck and God speed to all. I pray for the safe trip and return of all the players and families and for an injury free contest. :thumb:

Edited by FootballDad

lawnman, have you gone Lou Holtz on us? j/k I don't see Milan stopping the CAK offense, but I'm not sure I can see CAK shutting down the Milan offense enough to win by 3 scores. I can tell you it would make for a much more relaxing game for me and my crew than a nail-biter, which is what I am expecting...

I still say CAK by 3 touchdowns and i say after last week I think the CAK defense is mad about giving EHS all those rushing yards and i think they will be ready this week to stop the run.Just my opinion because Lou Holts knows his stuff.LOL

I'm sorry guys they all cant be funny lol, I will try one more, this one will make some vols fans laugh too hopefully & get people in the christmas spirit.

Narrator: We now take you to Kermit DeeFrog with this fast breaking news story.

Kermit: Hi Ho Kermit DeeFrog we are coming to you live from Milan TN Walmart SuperCenter and you are not going to believe this as Derek Dooley former coach of the vols has applied at all the football jobs in Gibson County. Milan, Humboldt, Trenton, South Gibson, & yes even Gibson County will not give him a job. Dooley what are you going to do?

Derek Dooley: Well I am actually in Walmart not to talk to you but to ask the person in photolab for a job.

Kermit: What you are going from being a head football coach making millions, to being a sales associate???

Derek Dooley: Of course not I am going to ask that man right there.

(Kermit gets a big smile on his face as he sees Santa.)

Kermit: Well Dooley I think you are a little too big but good luck to you anyway. (Just then Derek Dooley jumps into Santa's lap)

Santa: Ugggh I don't know what is worse how old you are, or the fact you are wearing orange pants.

Derek: Funny one Santa

Santa: Well what do you want for Christmas?

Derek: I just want one thing, I want a new coaching job.

Santa: Well I am sorry I just can't do that because......well Dooley you have been bad.

Derek: What are you talking about I have been good all year, I never curse, always use manners, share, & I even eat my vegetables.

Santa: Well if you were so good you would've beat Missouri & Vandy.

(Kermit helps the worker take a pic then laughs his head off. steals Dooleys piece and candy and walks away)

Kermit: Well this has been Kermit DeeFrog we now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Kermit.... this one was good!!!

Was just looking over the Milan roster. http://media.iadsnetwork.com/edition/1262/34562/aab23e80-bd24-4de1-baa9-be2adde9d212.pdf

There are a lot of big guys on that roster. While CAK has a couple of guys in the 300# range, Milan appears to have a lot of depth with good size for OL and DL. Also can't help but notice a 200# RB in Coleman and a 215# QB. It's not hard to see how this team has run over everyone this year.

Was just looking over the Milan roster. http://media.iadsnet...e2adde9d212.pdf

There are a lot of big guys on that roster. While CAK has a couple of guys in the 300# range, Milan appears to have a lot of depth with good size for OL and DL. Also can't help but notice a 200# RB in Coleman and a 215# QB. It's not hard to see how this team has run over everyone this year.

Very true GVK. They have an impressive roster. But just to balance the discussion I will refer to one of the greatest of all times, and of course he would agree, ha. I've been describing our defense this year like Ali's "rope a dope". I will describe or offense in Ali fashion as well..."float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, you hands can't hit what your eye's don't see". And while Ali was more of a finesse guy than say Frazier, he could still take a punch and slug it out if he had too. These 2 teams bring starkly contrasting styles to the game no doubt. Just an example of how you can be successful regardless of the style if you take care of the fundamentals. This should be a great game.

Disclaimer: This is a poor imitation of Leonard's Losers. Just for fun, no insults intended.

Then there were 2. Here we are, the end of November, frost on the windshields, most of the leaves are on the ground, and for one final countdown the last 2 teams standing in 3A TN high school football, Milan & Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK), will find their way to the quaint campus of Tennessee Tech to determine who is the best in the state. The Bulldogs of Milan know the road well and have found their way to the championship game 4 out of the last 5 years. They are a tough rugged group that leaves their opponents bruised and battered with a physical style of play and they feel they have a score to settle after last years blowout defeat at the hands of the Warriors from CAK. The Milan faithful will be hoping to plant the flag for West TN football in the middle of Tucker Stadium after this years clash and take the coveted gold ball back to their trophy case. But the defending state champion Warriors certainly will have something to say about that. With their record setting pass attack they are always within striking distance. CAK boasts 2 Mr. Football's & one of the most prolific offenses in the state with Charlie High & Company, but they have proven along the way that they can also play with some of the most rough and tumble football teams this region has to offer. The last 8 state championships for this classification have come from E.TN and out of the same district. So CAK knows how to handle bullies and doesn't intend to surrender the hardware without putting up an explosive battle.

FootballDad's Forecast: CAK 38 Milan 25

Disclaimer: This is a poor imitation of Leonard's Losers. Just for fun, no insults intended.

Then there were 2. Here we are, the end of November, frost on the windshields, most of the leaves are on the ground, and for one final countdown the last 2 teams standing in 3A TN high school football, Milan & Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK), will find their way to the quaint campus of Tennessee Tech to determine who is the best in the state. The Bulldogs of Milan know the road well and have found their way to the championship game 4 out of the last 5 years. They are a tough rugged group that leaves their opponents bruised and battered with a physical style of play and they feel they have a score to settle after last years blowout defeat at the hands of the Warriors from CAK. The Milan faithful will be hoping to plant the flag for West TN football in the middle of Tucker Stadium after this years clash and take the coveted gold ball back to their trophy case. But the defending state champion Warriors certainly will have something to say about that. With their record setting pass attack they are always within striking distance. CAK boasts 2 Mr. Football's & one of the most prolific offenses in the state with Charlie High & Company, but they have proven along the way that they can also play with some of the most rough and tumble football teams this region has to offer. The last 8 state championships for this classification have come from E.TN and out of the same district. So CAK knows how to handle bullies and doesn't intend to surrender the hardware without putting up an explosive battle.

CAK 45-27 Milan

I like it a lot Leonards losers is awesome :) I disagree over who will win but did with Leonard sometimes.