CAK vs. Milan ( This Bradley man vs. this Morris man)

Roy Dillard

Congratulations to Charlie High and Bret Kendrick of CAK for being Mr.Football Winners. You make us proud :thumb: Also thanks to your coaches and teammates who most certainly made these awards possible. (But those aren't the trophies we are really wanting for Christmas, Santa knows which one we want)

This cyclone fan says congratulations to them to and that offense CAK has is something special and I know there is some cyclones fans coming to state to cheer you on.I had to watch the game on a live feed so I didn't get to meet some of you but one day I hope I can because this world needs more people like you.Wishing you the best this week and I hope Rathbone and his family the best.Go CAK

Hey BRPro I just noticed your avatar picture. That's my country boy facing the camera #38 in your avatar picture. I like that, good picture.

Thank you. It's one of the few I could find where we weren't scoring. BOOMmmm!!

jk, jk....I purposely tried to find one of my pics that showed both teams squaring off against one another. Much respect/fear to Milan (hence the non scoring pics). Thank you for noticing.

Edited by BRPro

This is what I find MOST interesting about this matchup...

Somewhere between the State Title game last year and this week, I have no doubt that the coaches from Milan took a look at the tape from the finals last year and went back over it and tried to figure out what they would do differently. Look, I don't think anyone blames them for what happened last season. I think CAK played about as perfect of a game as they could've possibly played on both sides of the ball, and really came out and shellshocked the Bulldogs. The Milan staff had to feel good about their chances about getting back to the big game this year after returning so many players and had to realize that they would more than likely face a CAK team again that returned so much firepower. I guess what I am most interested in seeing in the game on Friday is what Coach Morris and the Milan staff have learned in a year's time. They've had a year to prepare for this game. I think CAK will have a VERY hard time stopping Coleman, and I honestly don't know that they can. That's more power on power. Schematically, I'm interested to see what the Milan coaches have come up with in a year's time.

I rewatched the CAK/Milan game last night and I think you make an excellent point that is not hit on very often. Outside of 2 errant throws, everything that could've gone right for CAK did (Wounded duck TD to Howell, Milan gameplan to throw early and often, fumbled kickoff, etc). I don't expect all those things to go in CAK's favor again this time around which makes it interesting. A heavy dose of Coleman is gonna be a long night for CAK, regardless of a W or an L.

I rewatched the CAK/Milan game last night and I think you make an excellent point that is not hit on very often. Outside of 2 errant throws, everything that could've gone right for CAK did (Wounded duck TD to Howell, Milan gameplan to throw early and often, fumbled kickoff, etc). I don't expect all those things to go in CAK's favor again this time around which makes it interesting. A heavy dose of Coleman is gonna be a long night for CAK, regardless of a W or an L.

Yes.... this game last year went about as bad for Milan as it could have went. You fumble the opening kickoff and before you can blink, Milan is down 7-0. Also, there was some bad play calling in the red zone that cost us a couple of scores. One in particular..... Milan had driven the field running the ball. They got down to about the 10 and threw a pass that was picked off. If you just shoved it down their throat all the way down the field..... why throw a pass???

The play calling was very disappointing. Your bread and butter is running the ball. CAK throws the ball. You would think that their defense is very practiced at defending the pass seeing as how they probably do it in practice every day. I just don't understand the thinking here.

This year Milan has got to run the ball.... don't abandon it!!! Shorten the game and don't turn the ball over. If we can do this.... it will be a good game!!!

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE

All true. We have also learned to absorb giving up huge yardage and lots of points and still find a way to win. I'm certainly concerned about this game, but I've been concerned about most of them throughout the year and even more so in the playoffs. Last week was a little unnerving with the "almost" turnovers, but that is very uncharacteristic of this team and I expect us to execute like we normally do. There could be a lot of total points scored in this one, so hang on to your seats.

Morris has had a year and I bet he watched last years film 100 times. Milan will be ready now more than ever. I have not seen anyone in a long time want gold more than some of these boys.

You've got to have the desire for sure and no doubt Milan will have it. But that can work against you by causing you to play tight or to hang on every play so emotionally that if ANYTHING goes wrong then you're off that mountain top and down in the valley. CAK players have the desire to repeat as well, just look at what they have battled through in the playoffs to get to Cookeville. But they are a pretty lose group of guys that don't appear to let pressure get to them. I believe this game will not be won on emotion but rather execution. Just MHO.

You've got to have the desire for sure and no doubt Milan will have it. But that can work against you by causing you to play tight or to hang on every play so emotionally that if ANYTHING goes wrong then you're off that mountain top and down in the valley. CAK players have the desire to repeat as well, just look at what they have battled through in the playoffs to get to Cookeville. But they are a pretty lose group of guys that don't appear to let pressure get to them. I believe this game will not be won on emotion but rather execution. Just MHO.

You make a good point FBD..... this being the 4th time in 5 years that Milan has made the championship game, they will be under alot of pressure to get things done!! I hope it doesn't work against them!!! They just have to stay loose and play hard and just let the chips fall where they may!!!

You make a good point FBD..... this being the 4th time in 5 years that Milan has made the championship game, they will be under alot of pressure to get things done!! I hope it doesn't work against them!!! They just have to stay loose and play hard and just let the chips fall where they may!!!

Yes but all the seniors that were playing it last year knows what is on the line, I think they got the heart to pull it out. They are not going to have it taken away from them again as easily. Go DAWGS!!

Yes but all the seniors that were playing it last year knows what is on the line, I think they got the heart to pull it out. They are not going to have it taken away from them again as easily. Go DAWGS!!

Lots of heart no doubt.... and the ability to make it happen. However, the mental part of it can have HUGE effects. They have to get their minds right and not worry about what can happen!!!