Who's getting Tenn's D1 talent

harley04

Reguardless of who's Ut's next coach is, the rebuilding project needs Tn Boys on the roster. In a poll of 37 coaches from Tenn 32 gave Dooley and staff a failing grade for recruiting thier school. They said Phillip Fulmer and even Lane Kiffin seem to care more about building a working relationship. The Tenn coaches said Ala, Ga., Ole miss, Missouri, even Tenn tech show interest in Tenn talent showing up at schools, Phone calls, Emails ect,. Most of our D1 talent bleed's Orange and as of now the top 25 prospects in Tn only 4 are going to the Vols. The states top prospect from Brentwood academy committed to Lane Kippin and USC. Tenn has a load of SEC talent this year, Please give our boys a chance.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harley you are correct on this. Tennessee does not have enough D1 talent to fill an entire rooster. BUT, you got to build with a core of home grown Vols. Then add the talent you need from outside.

This is a necessity since other areas have closed down the numbers of kids leaving their states, and Tennessee must do a better job of getting our in-state talent to stay home instead of leaving.

I don't know why ut doesnt get our in state players... most of the boys would come here in a heartbeat.. according to jimmy hyams on the sports animal" tennessee has no high school talent." which is the biggest bunch of bs I have ever heard. our talent is good enough for alabama and the other sec schools( all better teams then us) but not good enough for ut, there's something wrong with that picture. ..

I guess because HS players in tx, fla, calif play ball in front of bigger crowds they think they are better players. The 12 teams at state this year have lots of great players with great attitudes who can star in the SEC if given a chance. alt1958 is right a core of Tenn boys is needed. We all know great players over looked because there were only playing in front of a few hundred fans, and they gave up on there dream. If Ut would develop better relationships with tenn schools 1A up, the vol nation would reap the benifits.

The poll was from coaches in the tri-state, Chattanooga area. As long as they're going to college and playing at the highest level of their ability it shouldn't matter that they're not going to Tennessee, unless you're a Vol fan.

Memphis is where at least half of the FBS prospects are from and there are SEC teams closer. Vanderbilt is doing well getting players from Memphis and the hometown university improved a lot this year, they may keep some too.

Reguardless of who's Ut's next coach is, the rebuilding project needs Tn Boys on the roster. In a poll of 37 coaches from Tenn 32 gave Dooley and staff a failing grade for recruiting thier school. They said Phillip Fulmer and even Lane Kiffin seem to care more about building a working relationship. The Tenn coaches said Ala, Ga., Ole miss, Missouri, even Tenn tech show interest in Tenn talent showing up at schools, Phone calls, Emails ect,. Most of our D1 talent bleed's Orange and as of now the top 25 prospects in Tn only 4 are going to the Vols. The states top prospect from Brentwood academy committed to Lane Kippin and USC. Tenn has a load of SEC talent this year, Please give our boys a chance.

Most of Tenn D1 talent comes from MEMPHIS and WEST TENN... We do NOT Bleed Orange. Memphis and the Shelby Metro area is THE Melting pot of SEC allegiances. I dare say Ole Miss, Ark, Vandy and Alabama are thought of WAY MORE than UT...

Most of Tenn D1 talent comes from MEMPHIS and WEST TENN... We do NOT Bleed Orange. Memphis and the Shelby Metro area is THE Melting pot of SEC allegiances. I dare say Ole Miss, Ark, Vandy and Alabama are thought of WAY MORE than UT...

Not saying you are wrong but in my opinion the D1 talent is pretty well spread across the state. I do not have numbers to back that opinion up but I would think that saying most talent comes from west Tennessee is inaccurate. All you have to do is look at the number of D1 recruits from BA, MBA, Enworth, all the metro Nashville area public schools and surrounding middle Tennessee county schools. I would think middle Tennessee has just as many if not more. East Tennessee has many talented players as well but I do not know as much about that area as middle. Do you agree or disagree?

Not saying you are wrong but in my opinion the D1 talent is pretty well spread across the state. I do not have numbers to back that opinion up but I would think that saying most talent comes from west Tennessee is inaccurate. All you have to do is look at the number of D1 recruits from BA, MBA, Enworth, all the metro Nashville area public schools and surrounding middle Tennessee county schools. I would think middle Tennessee has just as many if not more. East Tennessee has many talented players as well but I do not know as much about that area as middle. Do you agree or disagree?

I think Memphis and the Shelby Metro area by far and away hbas WAY MORE High Level D1 (BCS level) recruits and college prospects overall. If you get a chance just take a look at some of the SEC rosters or OVC. I bet you'd see way more Memphis city and Suburbs than you would of thought... Case in point I bet none of yall know that Barrett Jones, Alabama's Starting center, is from MEMPHIS, well the Suburbs but you know what I'm saying LOL.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator