Henry County Football 2013

It wouldn't matter if he did. They are so much more " superior " to anyone they have on their schedule according to them!

It's really just one poster.

The other Beech fans who post on here seem pretty level-headed for the most part.

Can't blame them for being confident after last year, but I do believe this HC team has the potential to be a special bunch if they keep working.

OldDevil I take it that this post was tongue-in-cheek.  Am I right?  There is no way HC is small and you certainly aren't slow

MBA made us look tiny!!! Slow too. Looking forward to breaking bread and chatting with you this year in Paris.

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

Thanks for the updates.

It may be worth noting that MBA does have at least two and possibly three Division 1 prospects on their lines. (Alex Bars, Jashon Robertson, and DJ Mott) that's why I'll admit I was a little surprised when I saw that score (scrimmage or not).

If we were able to at least hold our own, then it is a very good sign.

An MBA perspective...HC has a very solid team. Defensively, there was some bending, but MBA only came away with one TD. I'm not sure who all fumbled for MBA (ie, starters or subs), but HC swarmed the ball very well. I'm a big fan of opportunistic teams. The pick 6 was very late in the game, and thrown by a sub QB, although I have no idea if HC had starters or subs in at that point either. All things considered, 13-7 was a fair depiction of the game: HC made a lot fewer mistakes. And not to sound elitist, but I haven't seen a lot of public school kickers who could consistently hit 40+ yd field goals.

And the young ladies with the water bottles were both beautiful and very friendly to the officials. 

I suspect y'all will have a very good season. Best of luck.

An MBA perspective...HC has a very solid team. Defensively, there was some bending, but MBA only came away with one TD. I'm not sure who all fumbled for MBA (ie, starters or subs), but HC swarmed the ball very well. I'm a big fan of opportunistic teams. The pick 6 was very late in the game, and thrown by a sub QB, although I have no idea if HC had starters or subs in at that point either. All things considered, 13-7 was a fair depiction of the game: HC made a lot fewer mistakes. And not to sound elitist, but I haven't seen a lot of public school kickers who could consistently hit 40+ yd field goals.

And the young ladies with the water bottles were both beautiful and very friendly to the officials. 

Ttanks for the kind words, KW. It is nice to see an unbiased opinion on these boards. In the fourth quarter,HC played only their 3s except  the corners who were 2's AND 3'S. The kid who made the pick 6 is a soph working his way up the depth chart. And those watergirls are nice!!!

GO BIG RED

Thanks for the feedback and good luck to MBA as well. Just talking about MBA reminds me of the good ole days. We had some really good battles with you guys back when I played at HCHS during the years we were in the same region (though we could never come out on the winning side).

Anyway, sounds like y'all are set up for a good year as well with those hosses up front. Enjoy the season.

Jamboree this Friday at Patriot Stadium:

6 pm- Martin Westview vs. Lexington

7 pm- Henry County vs. Obion County Central

8 pm- Milan vs. Dresden

9 pm- South Gibson vs. Trenton Peabody

Should be a great night of action.

I look forward to it. The PI said yesterday HC played at 8. Everything else I've seen said 7. I assume it was a misprint but want to make sure. I also thought HC was playing Lexington for some reason. Anybody have any clarification?