Henry County Football 2013

I read about the Henry Co./Milan scrimmage in the Milan newspaper today.  Had to wait because it is only a weekly paper. 

The article mentioned that it was 5tds to 2 for Henry Co first string on first string.  That is definitely a butt whippin'!!!

The article also mentioned that our 1st and 2nd string qb's were both out with injuries and there were 3 others starters that did not play because of injuries.  Plus our 2 starting wide receivers split the snaps at qb since the starters were injured. 

No excuses.... you are the better team.  I just wish we could have matched up with you guys with everyone healthy.  It would have given us a much better picture of where our team is!!!

I read about the Henry Co./Milan scrimmage in the Milan newspaper today.  Had to wait because it is only a weekly paper. 

The article mentioned that it was 5tds to 2 for Henry Co first string on first string.  That is definitely a butt whippin'!!!

The article also mentioned that our 1st and 2nd string qb's were both out with injuries and there were 3 others starters that did not play because of injuries.  Plus our 2 starting wide receivers split the snaps at qb since the starters were injured. 

No excuses.... you are the better team.  I just wish we could have matched up with you guys with everyone healthy.  It would have given us a much better picture of where our team is!!!

Seems like Milan rarely performs great in scrimmages but still does well when the real games start. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I had heard your QB was out, but to be honest, and not trying to rub anything in, but our starting D pretty much lived in Milan's backfield for most of the day, so it really may not have made much of a difference (especially after seeing our D have its way with Dickson County in a similar way). The trenches is where the true disparity was.

If Milan can gel together up front, they really do have some impressive skill guys to lean on.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Just talked to a friend of mine who was at the MBA scrimmage and he said we won 13-7 over all. He added that our offense didn't score a touchdown, but Rammel connected on two long field goals, and that our touchdown came on a pick six.

That's all the info I could gather. I'd love to hear more of the details. It sounds like it was a defensive struggle.

Edited by MSURacer

Just talked to a friend of mine who was at the MBA scrimmage and he said we won 13-7 over all. He added that our offense didn't score a touchdown, but Rammel connected on two long field goals, and that our touchdown came on a pick six.

That's all the info I could gather. I'd love to hear more of the details. It sounds like it was a defensive struggle.

I was there tonight along with a good crowd of the Patriot faithful. Let there be no mistaking about this scrimmage: HC was lucky to come out on top.MBA is very ,very good (and HUGE) across the front. They have a nice QB and several good RBs.Fortunately for us they kept shooting themselves in the foot--4 lost fumbles and 2 interceptions. Some valuable lessons were learned tonight: if we are goinng to play with the big boys, we must work hard and get better.

GO BIG RED

Rammel kicked a 42 yard field goal and a 43 yarder. I believe it was Thomas Thompson on the pick six late in fourth quarter, but don't quote me on that. MBA was very big. The MBA lines had three guys 6-5,6-6. HCHS d-line was outstanding and Mr. Tharpe is a beast. Secandary still a little work needed, Offense looked good enough to win all the games on our schedule if the d holds up. QB ? Croasman looks good but Randolph is quicker. RB's all three are impressive. Power and quickness. Looking forward to a very good year.

Thanks for the updates.

It may be worth noting that MBA does have at least two and possibly three Division 1 prospects on their lines. (Alex Bars, Jashon Robertson, and DJ Mott) that's why I'll admit I was a little surprised when I saw that score (scrimmage or not).

If we were able to at least hold our own, then it is a very good sign.

Edited by MSURacer

Thanks for the updates.

It may be worth noting that MBA does have at least two and possibly three Division 1 prospects on their lines. (Alex Bars, Jashon Robertson, and DJ Mott) that's why I'll admit I was a little surprised when I saw that score (scrimmage or not).

If we were able to at least hold our own, then it is a very good sign.

Yes, my thoughts exactly - a very good sign...

We are small and slow and that is not a good combo to put against the already self proclaimed 2013 5A champs. Saw today where your massacre of Station Camp will be shown on ESPN.I suppose that you guys figure you don't need a full week of prep for our little and slow Patriots. Not really fair to us since we will have less time for film study but it probably doesn't matter anyway--

GO BIG RED

OldDevil I take it that this post was tongue-in-cheek.  Am I right?  There is no way HC is small and you certainly aren't slow