District 5-AAA

alt1958

I don't think Cleveland is going to have a team next year. Word from Raider faithful there is going to be a mass exodus next year. Have you heard Raiderfan25?

Wasn't there a mass exodus for Cleveland girls 3-4 years ago? I don't get it. Their current coach seems pretty good, but that is only observing from a distance.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when the starters can't get along and missed games for violation of school rules tells you something. when that behavior is remove from the team the better off cleveland will be. good luck to the new coach working in a tough environment. and yes cleveland loss a great coach when coach powell left.

Edited by OHS80

Agreed. They ran off the best coach they ever had with Coach Powell being ran off 2 years ago. Feedback from several involved they all say the same thing It is a really tough place to coach!

Are you sure Rachel was "run off"? I know her and have talked to her, and was under the impression that she left on her own to have their second child and to start coaching her oldest daughter. I know whe was offered at least one other high school position in the area and turned it down for the same reason I mentioned.

Are you sure Rachel was "run off"? I know her and have talked to her, and was under the impression that she left on her own to have their second child and to start coaching her oldest daughter. I know whe was offered at least one other high school position in the area and turned it down for the same reason I mentioned.

You're right she wasn't run off. As a matter of fact they really wanted her to continue. Cleveland's Coaching job in Bball both boys and girls is a tough job. Maybe the toughest in the county. But the grapevine has a rumor on it that some help is on the way for the girls at least. It will be interesting to see. If so it could be a huge move.

Coach Rachael wasn't run off, she left on her own terms. Cleveland loved her. She's the greatest Lady Raider coach ever and changed the expectations/culture of Lady Raider bball.

and as far as the players not getting along, they'll be fine. Four of those girls are related, and two of them are graduating seniors....

anyways Go BEARETTES!!!

Several of us are coming down to watch the Bradley/Blackman game.

Enjoy the trip. I'll be there somewhere. But it will be a bit of an upset for the Bearettes to win in my opinion. Blackman is very good. But I will be rooting for the home team no matter what.

Edited by alt1958

Enjoy the trip. I'll be there somewhere. But it will be a bit of an upset for the Bearettes to win in my opinion. Blackman is very good. But I will be rooting for the home team no matter what.

Wow, great game by the Bearettes. Great win, and first trip back to the State since 2000.

Congrats Bearettes Basketball.

Wow, great game by the Bearettes. Great win, and first trip back to the State since 2000.

Congrats Bearettes Basketball.

It was a great win for Bradley, but I must admit I wasn't impressed with Blackman. Maybe they just had an off night but their shooting was horrendous, and their coach's strategy was even worse.

Some clutch and timely treys by the Bearettes, and Copeland played lights out! Congratulations!

I agree that their coaching has to be questioned. I would have called a time out (maybe two) in the 3rd quarter when things were going south for the Lady Blaze. They had size to match the Bearettes but not the experience from their 'bigs'. Bradley's 'bigs' smoked them inside because the Lady Blaze 'bigs' seemed to want to play on the perimeter rather than inside against the rugged Bradley Central big girls. The Lady Blaze will be a force to be reckoned with in the future if they can gain some strength physically and I think that Coach Hibdon will be capable of seeing that this happens. Little Pollock was an outstanding shooter but didn't get enough looks I thought. Dangerfield has to be given a lot of 'respect' as she will be a major force in the future. Bradley Central must continue to get consistent and strong play from their guards to move on this season. Donaldson can look good but then make some really questionable unforced errors at times. If the Bearettes play under control and concentrate on their strengths then they could rattle some cages and make some noise next week. Withrow can be devastating with her 3-pointers (5 tonight) and Whitted needs to be consistent in her guard play. There is no better 6th man anywhere than Baylee Carroll.

Best of luck to the Bearettes in the 'boro'!

It was a great win for Bradley, but I must admit I wasn't impressed with Blackman. Maybe they just had an off night but their shooting was horrendous, and their coach's strategy was even worse.

Some clutch and timely treys by the Bearettes, and Copeland played lights out! Congratulations!

I thought Blackman over played on defense on the full court press and got a few players into foul trouble while maybe a little more conservative approach there, would have gained them the same results. And kept their best players in the game more. Bradley kept breaking the press with Rueter's positioning and handling the ball on the dribble at times.

I agree that their coaching has to be questioned. I would have called a time out (maybe two) in the 3rd quarter when things were going south for the Lady Blaze. They had size to match the Bearettes but not the experience from their 'bigs'. Bradley's 'bigs' smoked them inside because the Lady Blaze 'bigs' seemed to want to play on the perimeter rather than inside against the rugged Bradley Central big girls. The Lady Blaze will be a force to be reckoned with in the future if they can gain some strength physically and I think that Coach Hibdon will be capable of seeing that this happens. Little Pollock was an outstanding shooter but didn't get enough looks I thought. Dangerfield has to be given a lot of 'respect' as she will be a major force in the future. Bradley Central must continue to get consistent and strong play from their guards to move on this season. Donaldson can look good but then make some really questionable unforced errors at times. If the Bearettes play under control and concentrate on their strengths then they could rattle some cages and make some noise next week. Withrow can be devastating with her 3-pointers (5 tonight) and Whitted needs to be consistent in her guard play. There is no better 6th man anywhere than Baylee Carroll.

Best of luck to the Bearettes in the 'boro'!

Yeah, I think they would have been better served going toe to toe with Copeland and Rueter in the paint. Then it would have been an attrition in fouls, and if both teams lost all the bigs, they become more even.

Withrow has been pretty hot the last two weeks, and she really needs to keep it going next week.

Scary thing now is that with Rueter's fouling out with Technicals, she may play no factor in the Tournament. That could bite the Bearettes.