Spring Hill Coaching Job

jklivin

Hiring assistant coaches is very different from hiring a head coach. You can collect a file full of resumes for the one and pick and choose who you may interview at a later point in time because you are hiring a teacher first, who happens to fill a coaching slot; whereas, the process of hiring a head coach is a longer process and it requires an opening before the process can start. It shouldn't be that way but it is. Central probably will not make a move on assistant coaches until after April 15.

At the collegiate and pro level the head coach's job is to ensure that the assistants are doing theirs. I understand that this isn't the collegiate level, but I've always understood that Coach Duncan and Moore practically ran the program. All evidence seems to support that belief, with Duncan and Moore being the common factors over the last few years. Not trying to stir anything up, just shedding some light on all this negativity and coach bashing. It seems pointless, and only detrimental. I wouldnt say I'm "in the know" but I'm probably as close to the program as any of you are. Some of you guys crack me up, thinking you're the athletic director or something. Turchetta would be a great hire too. I'm sure he's got plenty of experience with the gang bangers/thugs/wannabes/etc.

Your reference to Turchetta's experience with wannabes/thugs/bangers/etc appears to be a veiled pat on the back dealing with undesirables - as if that is what he dealt with and put up with at Marshall County. In my opinion that sounds like a backhanded bashing of him inferring that he will put up with those kind of people if he is selected for the SH job. If that was your intent I know for a fact that he is not that type of person to which you are referring to - just ask the Principal and AD at Marshall County. They hold Turchetta in very high regard. Besides - how do you know if he is intersted in the SH job? It would take someone with great experience and fortitude to turn that program around.

Your reference to Turchetta's experience with wannabes/thugs/bangers/etc appears to be a veiled pat on the back dealing with undesirables - as if that is what he dealt with and put up with at Marshall County. In my opinion that sounds like a backhanded bashing of him inferring that he will put up with those kind of people if he is selected for the SH job. If that was your intent I know for a fact that he is not that type of person to which you are referring to - just ask the Principal and AD at Marshall County. They hold Turchetta in very high regard. Besides - how do you know if he is intersted in the SH job? It would take someone with great experience and fortitude to turn that program around.

I don't know how Turchetta deals with them, I just know he should have plenty of experience, because he's had plenty of them at MC, whether you want to admit it or not. Trust me, I played against them while he was there. Their players arent known for being the classiest bunch. As for his interest in the position, I have zero knowledge. I'm not the one who threw his name in the pot. I just saw it listed earlier and noticed the similarities in the situations at SH and MC.

Edited by LewisCoPanthers

I don't know how Turchetta deals with them, I just know he should have plenty of experience, because he's had plenty of them at MC, whether you want to admit it or not. Trust me, I played against them while he was there. Their players arent known for being the classiest bunch. As for his interest in the position, I have zero knowledge. I'm not the one who threw his name in the pot. I just saw it listed earlier and noticed the similarities in the situations at SH and MC.

The question is does SH have enough funds to pay him for coaching plus, practicing, breaking down fims, going to booster club meetings, talking to parents, going to pep meetings, coaching during games and anything else that might be outside his head coaching duties?

The question is does SH have enough funds to pay him for coaching plus, practicing, breaking down fims, going to booster club meetings, talking to parents, going to pep meetings, coaching during games and anything else that might be outside his head coaching duties?

You are bringing up old stuff (regarding the pay scale) - things you do not have full knowledge about. I am close to the school administration at MC - know what was offered, what was told to him, what the jerk of a superintendant there now did- and be careful repeating things people say without any knowledge of what they are talking about.

AS far as bieng a classy bunch - saw his teams play many times - and kids being kids - they played with discipline and with class. Show me which high school in the area that plays with total and complete class? I for one hope he gets another chance - he got screwed by the district superintendant for no apparent reason - and hope he turns up at SH -

As for dealing with

By the way - an addendum to the classy statement - if I am correct, isn't Giles Conty in that particular league? If so, talk about classless - and they challenge for the state playoffs all the time. Didn't their HC quit - and is taking his 'classy' attitude and propgram to the state of Alabama? The point of all these comments - those who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones - or something like that!

You are bringing up old stuff (regarding the pay scale) - things you do not have full knowledge about. I am close to the school administration at MC - know what was offered, what was told to him, what the jerk of a superintendant there now did- and be careful repeating things people say without any knowledge of what they are talking about.

AS far as bieng a classy bunch - saw his teams play many times - and kids being kids - they played with discipline and with class. Show me which high school in the area that plays with total and complete class? I for one hope he gets another chance - he got screwed by the district superintendant for no apparent reason - and hope he turns up at SH -

As for dealing with

I saw an interview he did on the internet and he said that he turned in and was paid separately for all the extra stuff that he did. I never said that he did anything dishonest or improper. I presume that I did take a bit of a potshot at his prior state of affairs and for that I am contrite.

I saw an interview he did on the internet and he said that he turned in and was paid separately for all the extra stuff that he did. I never said that he did anything dishonest or improper. I presume that I did take a bit of a potshot at his prior state of affairs and for that I am contrite.

I am quite sure he would be pleased with your admission of a potshot. If he is like the Principal and AD tell me he is, then whaqt took place in Marshall was a witch hunt by the new superintendant. As I have been told, the state has been auditing and investigating siunce last

I am quite sure he would be pleased that yhou admitted to taking a potshot at him. We all do not know the whole story - but my sources say he did nothing wrong. As far as that goes, he told his side of the story last June when he was dismissed and his side of the story was corroborated by the Principal. Nothing has been uncovered by the audit conducted by the state - so with all that information, it appears to be nothinmg more than a witch hunt by the new superintendant. And from what I hear, and this will be more than a potshot - she is really a witch! All the stories I get add up to a person I do not want to meet, talk to or be around at all!

Besides all this - the guy can coach! Had Marshall turned around in 2 years, was making money for the program and had folks in Lewisburg excited about football again! On top of that, according to my sources, he was doing a tremendous job in the classroom as well. Sounds like a winner to me - and a no brainer for any program looking for a head coach!