David Martin Out at GP

Hoganknows

An announcement could come as soon as next week. Arrington is not on the short list. The post about Ezell assistant Anthony coming is just wrong information. If he is even interviewed, it will not be for the head coaching position. Reports are that Pedan could be wavering after hearing about a current junior class full of cancer. GP will be much better off when those guys are gone.

It sounds like you have inside information on the search..You must be part of that church group that controls Goodpasture sine it appears you know Peden personally.. So who is the leader in the clubhouse? Also it takes a big man to call a group of 16 year old kids "cancer". Do you have a son on the football team or daughter who plays sports in high school? I hope the same is never said about them.

he asked, I answered, MBA is closer than the others in Mid TN

Baylor and McCallie also. The difference is that MBA, Baylor and McCallie choose to spend their money on preparing their students to carry on their family traditions of money while Ensworth wants to spend theirs on "financial aid" for all the athletes they bring in to win high school championships. When you are getting kids from McEwen to Murfreesboro to Mount Pleasant, it takes some financing to do it.

Paul Wade is 44 years old. Perhaps he wants to be a head coach again. Perhaps not. I wouldn't blame him either way. You never know what motivates different people.

Edited by bigchief

Baylor and McCallie also. The difference is that MBA, Baylor and McCallie choose to spend their money on preparing their students to carry on their family traditions of money while Ensworth wants to spend theirs on "financial aid" for all the athletes they bring in to win high school championships. When you are getting kids from McEwen to Murfreesboro to Mount Pleasant, it takes some financing to do it.

Paul Wade is 44 years old. Perhaps he wants to be a head coach again. Perhaps not. I wouldn't blame him either way. You never know what motivates different people.

can't speak for Baylor or McCallie, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think MBA is doing the exact same thing as Ensworth, though they are not doing it as well as Ensworth at the moment

Edited by DoyleHargravesConstruction

can't speak for Baylor or McCallie, but you're kidding yourself if you don't think MBA is doing the exact same thing as Ensworth, though they are not doing it as well as Ensworth at the moment

I believe MBA has somewhat "cleansed itself" in some ways since the "incident". Not saying they are totally ethical, but they did tell Jalen Hurd to get lost due to behavior......and Austin Blackwell was failing 5 classes and transferred over to CPA and is a member of Drew's crew.

Ensworth has also parted ways with several "superstars".........Jalen Ramsey and Antonio Richardson both had to leave for one reason or another. And there are several kids that had to leave as well for various reasons.

Certainly, MBA Ensworth BA (locally) and many other privates state wide all operate using the same model - though Ensworth seems less apologetic about its methods. There is nothing wrong with a private school doing what it takes to be good (in sports). Budgets for these privates are paid by tuitions; typically each school sets aside a defined amount of money earmarked for financial aid. I personally see nothing wrong with what Ensworth is doing. Full tuition payers are not forced to attend Ensworth - the school is good enough to attract plenty of tuition paying students.