Sad day for Smith County

Antwan

Somebody sent him film of those 10-11-12 years throwing that papercup football behind the bleachers and he knows papercup football potential. Best as I can figure, and old7 correct me if 'm wrong again, Powell isn't in Blount County. Nobody said he was had the job....

You are correct Powell is not in Blount county! It is a Knox county school. We used to scrimmage every fall, pretty good battles.

Somebody sent him film of those 10-11-12 years throwing that papercup football behind the bleachers and he knows papercup football potential. Best as I can figure, and old7 correct me if 'm wrong again, Powell isn't in Blount County. Nobody said he was had the job....

You can make silly jokes but anyone that has two eyes and as many brain cells knows that when the Manning kid leaves Carthrage has NOTHING coming down the pipeline. After next season 4-6 will be a pipe dream for the night chickens. :flower:

As usual?? I'd be willing to bet I'm in the ballpark. Maryville, Alcoa.......same thing as far as anyone around here is concerned. lol That counts.....I just missed by a few miles. Not totally wrong. What else did I miss? Did he go from an assistant at Maryville to Powell HC? Was he there while you were down the street? Then again it may not matter.

I was in the ballpark too wasnt I Termite. Powell is around the same place as Blount Co. right? I was about as close as you were.

Guest Termite

You can make silly jokes but anyone that has two eyes and as many brain cells knows that when the Manning kid leaves Carthrage has NOTHING coming down the pipeline. After next season 4-6 will be a pipe dream for the night chickens. :flower:

Really?? Your telling me you can look at a 12-13 year old and tell what kind athlete he will be in 2-3 years?? Heck, we need to hire you as a talent scout. Let me ask you something. SCs most recent success was going to the quarters in 09. Name the RB on that team. You can't .Who was the RB before Manning? Nobody knows what a Jr.Pro or Jr.High all star will be in 2-3 years, or how much a kid will grow or how they will develop. But, I forget your from MC and with all the football knowledge just oozing out of there, you can't help but know what your talking about.

Guest Termite

I was in the ballpark too wasnt I Termite. Powell is around the same place as Blount Co. right? I was about as close as you were.

I'll give you that........lol

When was the last time SC had a losing record?

Really?? Your telling me you can look at a 12-13 year old and tell what kind athlete he will be in 2-3 years?? Heck, we need to hire you as a talent scout. Let me ask you something. SCs most recent success was going to the quarters in 09. Name the RB on that team. You can't .Who was the RB before Manning? Nobody knows what a Jr.Pro or Jr.High all star will be in 2-3 years, or how much a kid will grow or how they will develop. But, I forget your from MC and with all the football knowledge just oozing out of there, you can't help but know what your talking about.

No I'm saying that I can look at the jr, soph and freshman classes and tell, just like Jimmy could. :flower:

And if I'm not mistaken I believe the local lawyer's kid was the somehow starting before the Manning kid a few years ago. That lawyer must have been one of the first folks in line to sign up for Team National. :flower:

Edited by BasilDuke