8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

Howell was out for every Cannon game. Where do you come up with that? Did you attend the games that Howell was putting up close to 30 on LA? Cannon has yet to see a healthy Howell.

I too would take McCoin over Howell but of course I'm an LA fan. If a Dekalb fan only watched LA the three games LA played them then they may not have seen him the same way as other teams. 1st game he had like one basketball practice & stitches in his hand. 2nd game he took a couple ill advised shots at 1st of game & then commited 3 frustration fouls in 1st quarter, pretty much done him in. Last night he made a couple more 3's than usual but other than that it was an average game for him. He is capable of completely taking over a game as Tyner found out last year in sub state. So that might be why some other teams have different impressions of him.

Hope DC can recover and get healthy. What happened to roller? Did he get hurt during the game last night? What can McCoin do that Howell can't? Lets not forget that Howell is supposed to be out for a MINIMUM of 4 weeks an it has only been 3 and you can tell he wasn't no where near himself last night. I'm a DC fan so of course I'll take Howell lol

Howell will have had three games back by then. Hopefully he will be more productive next time. Of course we can all make arguments about our players. Noone can see what they are truly capable of unless they attend every game and no one can do that unless they are a fan. Lol.

About the football title comment. The difference there is we are still 2-1 against LA this year. I have no problem saying that if Howell can heal up a bit more before we play again we can make it 3-1. It's all "what if's" but I would've like to see what happened if we hadn't taken both big guys out for that long stretch. It was a tight game until then. Seemed like the whole second half was desperation. Didn't agree with letting it get that out of hand, but it's already been said can't do anything about it but move on and learn.

Tigerfan2013, I heard that mentioned today and I might question that myself. What I know coming from a few parents that was never mentioned by their kids. Can be debated don't know the coach very well but from what I've heard it would never happen. Lets get ready for Saturday and see what happens. First business win Saturday. Howell can help if he can do the things he did at first of year. Been a good year for the Tigers. Best of luck DC and the rest of 8-AA. Lets sweep. Cookeville will see 8-AA again. People say Cannon will beat Bledsoe handily. Might be RD 4 with Cannon. Who knows, tournament basketball is crazy.

Edited by Stealer007

Was Martin trying to throw the game? I understand the 2 foul rule but in a game like this and the game still close, you can't take them out.. You have to take your chances.

Now asking a question like this is funny! If Martin wanted to throw the game would he not keep Howell off the crt until region, not risking re-injury. Obviously he wanted to win, cause Howell should have never touched the crt. Seems like some beleive its a Dekalb win if Howell is healthy. I think it would be a better game but if they meet in region championship I will go with LA!