Science Hill 104 Crockett 10

AlumnI01

victory, on 03 February 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

I don't remember everyone making such a big deal out of the score last year when Riverdale beat Lavergne 103 to 10. So why now?

Were they reprimanded? Did they issue a public apology? No? How dare they!

(This is 100% sarcasm by the way)

I'm guessing you guys don't live in Middle Tennessee. Yes Riverdale received a great deal of negative pub because of this game. A local tv station even did a story about it with player interviews and also a sport psychologist.

Buddy, got news Science Hill is NO national caliber team. You guys just haven't beaten any great teams.

They are currently ranked #13 in the NATION by at least one polling service (this site will not let me post the name). Their three losses are to the #2, #5, and #11 teams in the NATION and two of those were close. Look at their body of work over the last three seasons. Ask Clarksville and Bashara Graves. I am not saying they are the best team in the nation, but they are certainly deserving of mention as a national caliber team.

Edited by coachh17

Yeah, that is pretty much uncalled for with both the SH boys and girls teams. It's called sportsmanship, integrity, and respect. Seems like SH's district in basketball is about as good as their football district lol....With the exception of D-B of course.

I agree with you on this one, I think its classless and very uncalled for and coaches can do something about it, yes we all know Crockett is terrible probably the worst 3a team is the state and possibly 2a also. Also SH has this rich tradition for girls and boys bball which speaks for itself but remember that the district for girls and boys is probably the worst district in the state from top to bottom and yes I know that DB is the winningest program in the nation and TN High also is strong but throw in the rest and you really cant argue that their schedules are very weak in conference.

I'm no where near biased toward SH. Yes I have seen many of their games through the years but I have no connection with the school or basketball program. SH has a wealth of talent that can go 8-9 deep and still compete with top teams. Unless you are coach barnwell or have spoken to coach barnwell you will not know if they ran the score up or not. But it was clear that coach barnwell was only trying to keep his girls ready for a tournament run

Not totally disagreeing with you but im pretty sure beating Crockett by 94 is not going to help them get to that sub state or state tourney game, and they took it way to far I mean show some class and call off the dogs in the second quarter when ur up 70 and it needed to be done way before this point. Its funny because SH people wonder why every school in the area hates them with a passion.

Buddy, got news Science Hill is NO national caliber team. You guys just haven't beaten any great teams.

Wow. You clearly have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. SH is very much a national caliber team. In fact, their only 3 losses come to 3 of the top teams in the country, and only 1 of those losses(to Riverdale)was bad. The other 2 were by a combined 13 points.

I was actually done commenting on this topic but after reading alot of the posts I just hope both teams can get past this because these are teenage girls playing a competitive sport so I would love to see Crockett come back from this by getting in the gym and working hard nobody should be criticizing these kids saying they didn't show up they lost to a great team and SC girls should not be be blamed they do what the coach tells them perhaps if they don't play hard they don't play at all so SC go make your run toward a championship and may the best team win.

The last 2 players on SH bench did not play until the 4th quarter per Tri Cities Sports. My thinking is this , play as hard as you can while you are out there. If you are up over 50 at half, let your bottom 5 , who work hard everyday in practice start the 2nd half. They are your future players. SH could have scrimmaged their 2nd team and kept sharper for the State tourney. Yes Davy Crockett is #A school but it is a county school out in the country with the population of the school spread out. This is truly a extracurricular activity for their girls , they do not spend every extra minute of summer playing on travel teams and going to player/shooting clinics. Just think games like this you can reward your players that ride the bench and bust their tails in practice with a start at 2nd half when you are up by 50 or more.

Great Aritcle in the Press today. Fritz is a totally bias anti-SH writer who never seems to get it but tries to stir the poop. Anyways. This is the last post for me on this topic. SH is not the only school to score 100 points.

Is it even the 100 points or the fact that they held a team to 10 while they continued to score? Past Scores

Riverdale 103 Lavergne 10 last year

Riverdale 102 McMinn County 41 2yrs ago

Riverdale 103 Lawerence County 39 this year

SH boys 103 Crockett 32

SH boys 101 Central 48

SH boys 101 Central 56 2 yrs ago

SH boys 101 Volunteer 48 2 yrs ago

So as you can see. Some nights things go your way and some nights they do not. Now play harder and get better, compete, and quit being a sissy. This is

competive sport. It has nothing to do with sportsmanship casue if that was the case SH would have done this a few times already in the past 2 years. Do people

really think the they said OK tonight lets really be bad players,coaches and break 100. Come on. All kids want to win and beat a team as bad as they can, it is

competive nature. If you disagree then you probably never played a competive sport. Thanks and see ya!

Edited by TommyMan37604

Riverdale could have beaten Lavergne 150-0 if the coaches wanted.

I have seen both sides of it. The girls team here beat a team 65-5 a few years ago and there was some uproar about it, but the losing team was never pressed the whole game and they didn't make it to the foul line because when they did get a shot, it was usually an outside shot. They had a few foul shot attempts but didn't make them. The winning team began massive subbing in the first quarter. When the talent is that much different the only thing that could be done to even up things would be to literally let one team have a free path for lay-ups and that should never happen.

On the other hand, I saw a team leave in their best player in a game that ended something around 95-20, encouraging her to shoot 3s, so she could break the state record for threes made in a game. It did go in the record book but it was unnecessary, break records in a tight game not when one team can't even compete. A few years before that I saw the same team that was beaten that night, pull a player in the third quarter who had already made 10 3-pointers. Her team was up around 30 and there was no need to humiliate the outmanned opponent.