McMinn Central vs. Cannon County

chargerfanforlife

Should have not been in that position can't Blame the refs. Bang bang play with no one defending tie goes to the shooter.Great shot. Must have been a great game.can't hear the buzzer.was there one?

Can't hear the buzzer either. Whoeever was operating the clock will be like the Cub Fan who tried to catch the foul ball. Why did they not sound the buzzer?

Yes there was a buzzer. They were running a press with a double team. Nobody was just standing around.

Maybe it was Morgan's design or an error on Masengil's part, but Masengil was waaaaaaaaay too far away from that girl when she saw the ball was going to be thrown to her from a long distance.

Can't hear the buzzer either. Whoeever was operating the clock will be like the Cub Fan who tried to catch the foul ball. Why did they not sound the buzzer?

The video I watched had the buzzer.In real time I couldn't tell if the shot was late or not,because the buzzer wasn't loud enough over the crowd to tell exactly when it began,so I have two points...Real time was close enough that it could have been an honest mistake,and the fact that the shot was definatly late.The wrong team advances every once in a while,but it's a shame video isn't used when available to get the call right.I know of another incident in substate where the same thing happened and the video was sent to TSSAA...never even got a response('91 or '92 I think),so good luck but nothing will change.

The video I watched had the buzzer.In real time I couldn't tell if the shot was late or not,because the buzzer wasn't loud enough over the crowd to tell exactly when it began,so I have two points...Real time was close enough that it could have been an honest mistake,and the fact that the shot was definatly late.The wrong team advances every once in a while,but it's a shame video isn't used when available to get the call right.I know of another incident in substate where the same thing happened and the video was sent to TSSAA...never even got a response('91 or '92 I think),so good luck but nothing will change.

very good points. Up close, in person. It was clear to be late. The ref offscreen actually waved it off. It's understood that all this means nothing, but that doesn't mean it's not worth showing. Not whining. Just highly disappointed like anybody else would be. Those who are bashing putting the video up would be doing the same thing if it happened to them. I've coached on the soccer field/taught in the classroom several of those girls. It hurts to see such a big game end that way. Fans yelling at each other. Cussing. Obscene gestures. That's not the way it's supposed to be. Good luck to Cannon County girls basketball team going forward. I really do hope they win it all. Central still has a substate party to crash at Livingston Monday and a 2nd straight Miss Basketball for Elizabeth Masengil to win Saturday. I really do believe its a dart match for who wins AA this year. One thing is for certain, Central girls are coming back better next year!

very good points. Up close, in person. It was clear to be late. The ref offscreen actually waved it off. It's understood that all this means nothing, but that doesn't mean it's not worth showing. Not whining. Just highly disappointed like anybody else would be. Those who are bashing putting the video up would be doing the same thing if it happened to them. I've coached on the soccer field/taught in the classroom several of those girls. It hurts to see such a big game end that way. Fans yelling at each other. Cussing. Obscene gestures. That's not the way it's supposed to be. Good luck to Cannon County girls basketball team going forward. I really do hope they win it all. Central still has a substate party to crash at Livingston Monday and a 2nd straight Miss Basketball for Elizabeth Masengil to win Saturday. I really do believe its a dart match for who wins AA this year. One thing is for certain, Central girls are coming back better next year!

I feel your pain,the other incident had "my" team losing on our home floor on a last second shot too(with video evidence that the basket should have been waived off).The team that beat us went on to win the whole thing...makes you feel better in one sense,but the what if's are tough to leave behind.

Totally neutral in this arguement. I saw the YouTube clip. The official on the bench sideline should have been watching clock. I guess he wasn't.

How can he watch the clock and watch the girl at the same time? People like to blame refs when their team loses and they expect the refs to be able to watch things develop in real time with deafening noise and get it pristine perfect to tenths of a second. It was their judgement on what they saw and it appeared two different refs had their hands up in the air,