Class A State Tournament

Vandychris

We will be loaded for bear next year. 3 players back from Acl injuries and losing one senior, the lady landers will be back.

I'm sure you will but UC will be a lot better next year.Their best player,who would have probably been a Miss Basketball canditate tore her ACL and will be back next year as well.So you'll be seeing the exact same team next year except for Reedy,the white girl and Fair will take her spot,And they will be a year older ,stronger.

19-14 clarkrange halftime.

Congrats on the win Chipper.Believe UC will play a lot better tomorrow.Noticed that some were saying UC had no offense and has no chance if they dont play better but nothing said about Clarkrange.Scored 14 the first quarter and only 5 in the second quarter.Just curious.I'm assuming all the middle tenn fans are saying UC doesnt look that good and all the West Tenn fans are saying the same about Clarkrange.

It a be a good game.Each team can win.Summertown got within 3 the second half.They are pretty good.Everybody talk about UC having to make outside shots.I hink UC was 5-17 and Clarkrange was 5-19.

This should be a good game. UC made a couple of shots late, one being a banked in 3 but other than that I didn't see anything on the offensive side that worries me. Now defensively they are very solid. Really like the young lady up top she is long and she will give everyone a tough time. I'm sure she scores a lot off of turnovers. UC is a typical West Tennessee kind of team. Up tempo score off the press and pressures you all over the floor but cannot shoot the ball outside of the paint. I'm curious to see how they score when they get behind. My guess is they haven't been behind in many games over there. Clarkrange doesn't have the outside shooters this year that they normally do so that makes this matchup very intriguing. I look for a low scoring game as both teams are solid on defense.

VandyChris...where you at?

I already been on here, and have said they are a very good team and I was very impressed....the reason I say the first quarter hurt is because there is a diference between playing with the lead and playing from behind....that said, I will say it all day long, Clarkrange deserved the win, they truly outplayed Summertown today.

Devilantic,it hurt UC to lose number11 to a torn ACL in the substate game.She still trying to give it a go.She scores about 5-6 a game but creates havoc with her defense.35 been in the hospital for 2 days this week.Just trying to scratch out wins.We are not that pretty offensively,but really good defensively.Should be a good game.Clarkrange was really good the 2nd half.We a have to slow down 54 and 3 but they have other good players also.

Devilantic,it hurt UC to lose number11 to a torn ACL in the substate game.She still trying to give it a go.She scores about 5-6 a game but creates havoc with her defense.35 been in the hospital for 2 days this week.Just trying to scratch out wins.We are not that pretty offensively,but really good defensively.Should be a good game.Clarkrange was really good the 2nd half.We a have to slow down 54 and 3 but they have other good players also.

After I have let the games soak in the more I think about it the better I think UC is. Even though they didn't shoot particularly well they defend well and that will take them long way. They just cannot afford to get too far behind in a game. As long as they keep it close they are a threat to win it all.

Union City and Clark Range are two good teams, it may come down to coaching and theres none better than Coach Rogers. I have to pull for a Madison vs Union City championship but I dont think it will happen.

My guess is Clark Range by 10

Jackson County by 15

Jackson County wins in overtime in finals

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Union city really has overcome a lot this year, as I'm sure many teams have, and this has obviously affected their offense. Lost incoming junior who scored over 1000 points in two years, lost another part time starter who was scoring about 8 points per game for disciplinary reasons, ACL tear to Reaves in Saturday's substate game definitely affecting her since she didn't even play in the second half today, and Reedy was in the hospital Saturday and overnight Tuesday night. They never use any of it as an excuse, and I want to commend the kids on their effort. Our community is very proud of what these kids mean to us, and we are hopeful for just two more wins this year.