This is why we need instant replay...

When it's that close you don't penalize the team that is ahead at the time, it should go against the team that's behind unless it's obviously good. Bad call.

I agree, it appears from looking at the film that the shot was late. It's unfortunate and a downright shame when any team loses on a bad call, but I still believe calls should be made "the way they see them," regardless of who's leading or behind.

I'm not a basketball official but until your out there refing the game in real time officials will miss calls there human. But that was so close I can see why they called it good. Yes thanks to video you can slow the play down and tell it's no good. McMinn Central dug to big of a hole in the first half and it came back to bit them

Guys (and let me say I was for Cannon County) but seriously!!! Enough over the nanna-second that the shot may or may not have been out of her hand. Real time, couldn't tell at all. Slowed down to the nth degree, perhaps a stitch of leather is still touching a fingertip (I don't know). Bottom line is ref(s) called the shot good so it's good. Why not quit whining about the nth of a second it may or may not have counted. Why not talk about the FOURTEEN (14) free throws McMinn MISSED. That doesn't even include the ones they made. If not the the three blind mice officiating this game McMinnn would have never been in it. There were more missed calls and no calls on McMinn fouls as I have ever seen in a 32 minute game. McMinn pressed and trapped the entire time (especially second half down 13 when they had to turn the pressure up) and Cannon County NEVER (i repeat) NEVER shot a 1-and-1 the entire game. Cannon County players just didn't all of a sudden forget how to dribble and protect the ball. They were being hacked and pushed when losing the ball and McMinn coming back. The officials did enough to help McMinn's cause. You will have to overlook them for the final tenth of a second they opted to finally let something go. They had the entire game.

Bottom line, there is plenty of complaining and whining to do. The shot (clock) is just one small part but happened to be at the end.

The biggest problem I see in that gym with a large crowd is the McMinn students being allowed on the baseline while action is going on. There is barely room to navigate or move (for the players or officials). I saw a Cannon County player more than 2 feet out of bounds on the baseline where McMinn students were twice in the first half and it wasn't called b/c the refs were not in position to see it.

Great game. Ladies on both teams played hard. Get over it and move on. Had the shot been waved off I doubt we would have had the slowed down video from McMinn. For the record, the angle from where the Cannon County video sits shows the shot did get off just in a knick of time.

When they go to instant replay, I believe the sound of the horn is used before the time on the clock. Plus, the horn is what the refs have to go by and she may have gotten it off before the horn sounded. Just cause the clock hit 0.00 doesn't mean the horn went off exactly at that point.

Exactly the horn is a little delayed. Bottom line here is 10/24 from the foul line ended up being the difference and foul shots are always big in a close game. I hate it for the young lady's from MC they played their hearts out. Congrats to CC girls and good luck next week!

TNPreps let's see the video, I don't know how anyone can argue the shot should have counted when looking at the slow motion replay. I have no dog in the hunt but is obvious the refs missed one. Now nothing can be done but to just flat out deny that the call was incorrect shows you have some type of bias.

From every video and photo I have seen she did not give it off in time, if you think otherwise show proof.

Lol CC was up consistently throughout the game and by as many as 13. Everyone is acting like the MUCH better team was cheated and won't continue and what not. Looks like a team of equal quality is advancing and what's done is done. MC missed 14 free throws. That should haunt them just as bad, but it's easier to blame the last shot than it is to look back at something you actually COULD'VE changed. I still want to see a video of the clock from the throw in. The play itself took a little over four seconds. Everyone says there was 6.2 seconds on the clock.

When they go to instant replay, I believe the sound of the horn is used before the time on the clock. Plus, the horn is what the refs have to go by and she may have gotten it off before the horn sounded. Just cause the clock hit 0.00 doesn't mean the horn went off exactly at that point.

The referees use the horn. The clock can read 0.0 before the horn sounds. In the video, I believe I hear the horn berfore the shot has left the player's hand. It is very difficult to tell.

The referees use the horn. The clock can read 0.0 before the horn sounds. In the video, I believe I hear the horn berfore the shot has left the player's hand. It is very difficult to tell.

I was trying to listen for that too, but I was also on my phone without headphones. All I heard was the roar of the crowd!