Class AA State Tournament Thread

howdoitknow

Dude I think your nuts! You'll take MC over LA playing at home and DC over Howard down at Howard. I'll take LA and DC in the Gold Ball game next week.

We do have a Mr. Basketball Candidate. Its is Mason Ramsey, and you will see why tonight. As bad as I hate to say it MC has a chance, but a very slim one. That's why they play the game. If LA ever gets up by 6 or more it's probably over for MC. LA last week come back from being down almost 30 in the Regional Final to beat DC. LA is fast, tall, and athletic. Combine that with having a deep bench and multipal scorers that can hit from about anywhere and it being at LA, I see LA winning by 10

if a team gets down 6...and u think its over...why even bother showing up for the game...great comment

Edited by dhstennis

Cause they had 2 starters out? Yea let that be the reason they lost!! Like I said the refs were awful

No, it's not the only reason they lost. We missed a few layups at the end of the game that likely would've sealed it. Beat ourselves as well. Just saying. Howell put up 24 and 26 in the two games he was in against LA (who beat McMinn Central by double digits tonight.) It definitely would've made a difference. Refs can be debated in any game and anywhere. Look at every thread and you'll see.

if a team gets down 6...and u think its over...why even bother showing up for the game...great comment

How would you like your crow?? I said that hours before the game started and sure enough when MC got down more than 2 baskets in the third they never saw the light of day again. LA scrapped with them in the first half and ill be the first to admit I was a little worried till the half. LA come out determined to put it away and did just that. If you end up behind them more than a couple baskets its pretty much over you can count on it. They shoot too well and their defense is suffocating to usually make a comeback ask any 8-AA team.

And yet their prediction was spot on....

I was off by 1.lol it should have been a lot worse we should have broke 100 again to many missed lay ups and free throws early. Edited by LA_Wildcats

Oh and by the way in the last min. of the game we gave them about 4-6 points uncontested just to keep our players from fouling out at the end.

:huh: If you're not going to contest easy layups, why do you care if your players foul out in the last minute of a game? It might be fair to say that you didn't foul to let the clock run and give the opponent free throws with the clock stopped, but I don't think Coach Melton cared one way or the other if a kid fouled out of the game.

:huh: If you're not going to contest easy layups, why do you care if your players foul out in the last minute of a game? It might be fair to say that you didn't foul to let the clock run and give the opponent free throws with the clock stopped, but I don't think Coach Melton cared one way or the other if a kid fouled out of the game.

Please talk about Livingston Academy when you know who the coach is.

True. I've been down early many times by more than six and came back to win it. Good teams always make runs. Basketball is a game of runs and little moments. DeKalb was up 23 in their region title game versus Livingston and lost. Unless you're up six or so with 10 seconds remaining, you can't count anyone out. It's still a two possession game and 10 seconds or more is an eternity.

Could you describe briefly and honestly your teams?

I am a CPA fan. They obviously have a lot of talent, very good point guard (Bonds) whose strength is defense and running the show (doesn't need to score). All of their players are athletic, but they are a bit thin at guard other than Bonds. Their starters are probably the best 5 in the state, but they are much better in a full court game than 1/2 court. Struggle in set offense sometimes.

Starters are all over 6' with Lindsey and Blackwell 6'6'. Allsmiller has had over 100 treys each of the last 3 years. Wonder what the career TSSAA record is for 3's? Top 3 bench players would start for almost any team.

CPA is defending champ has not lost to a Tennessee team in the last 60 games. No seniors on the team.

Interested in hearing an honest (not homey) description of your team.

Could you describe briefly and honestly your teams?

I am a CPA fan. They obviously have a lot of talent, very good point guard (Bonds) whose strength is defense and running the show (doesn't need to score). All of their players are athletic, but they are a bit thin at guard other than Bonds. Their starters are probably the best 5 in the state, but they are much better in a full court game than 1/2 court. Struggle in set offense sometimes.

Starters are all over 6' with Lindsey and Blackwell 6'6'. Allsmiller has had over 100 treys each of the last 3 years. Wonder what the career TSSAA record is for 3's? Top 3 bench players would start for almost any team.

CPA is defending champ has not lost to a Tennessee team in the last 60 games. No seniors on the team.

Interested in hearing an honest (not homey) description of your team.

Did CPA not play this past weekend at Lipscomb? Isn't that where the Div. II teams play the state championships? Oh that's right CPA does not offer financial aide. Sorry I got confused knowing that all of those that you mentioned transfered to CPA. Best of luck to the other 7 teams in AA.

Please talk about Livingston Academy when you know who the coach is.

So misremembering the coaches name invalidates the response? Pray tell, who in the heck gives up uncontested layups for the sake of keeping their players out of foul trouble in the last minute of a game? I'm challenging the intelligence of that strategy and I don't think ANY coach with state tournament credentials is that stupid. Do you?

True. I've been down early many times by more than six and came back to win it. Good teams always make runs. Basketball is a game of runs and little moments. DeKalb was up 23 in their region title game versus Livingston and lost. Unless you're up six or so with 10 seconds remaining, you can't count anyone out. It's still a two possession game and 10 seconds or more is an eternity.

I'm not saying it can't happen. But King you've been to most if not all the LA games this year. Is it not true that if they ever get up 6-10pts they very Seldom lose that lead