Great players never to go to play in college.

Parkdog3412

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamel Sankey is an AAU legend and a Blount County football legend. He could have played D-1 ball if he would have eaten a sandwhich here and there, but somehow made it through 4 years of school with only 18 credits. Now he is doing nothing.

Cisco Aponte was a talented back for Alcoa but got into trouble, made it to ETSU and dropped out.

There are several more players who could be on the Alcoa list.

The tailbacks for trousdale in 97 were Travis Marshall and Jatarius Osbourne.The one you're thinking about was probably Osbourne.He went to cumberland for awhile,then transferred somewhere else.I heard he got in some kind of trouble,but don't know for sure.His younger brother who holds the clinic bowl record for most extra points kicked in a game,was supposed to be the starting tailback in 99,but his parents moved to New York during the summer,and that fall he was named Queens player of the year.He sure could have helped us that year.Don't know what happened to him after that.

I REALLY DON'T THINK THATS TRUE THE 93 LEBANON TEAM WAS ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE STATE THAT YEAR.THEY HAD 8 ALL REIGON PLAYERS. ALSO THE COACH OF THE YEAR AND THE O AND D PLAYER OF THE YEAR.MIKE MOSCARDELLI(DE 6'1 180),SHANE THORNE(OG 6'2 205),KEVIN HASTY( DT 6'2 245) TONY CANTRELL(D PLAYER OF THE YEAR NG/FB 5"10 250) SHAVEZ JOBE(TE 6"1 235) MO THOMPSON(WR/DB 12 INT'S 6'0 175)STEVE ROSE (LB/FB 6'1 205)JADE SELLARS(6'1 190).GREG TRIPLET( THE O PLAYER OF THE YEAR QB 6'1 190) AND COACH MARK MEDLEY WAS THE COACH OF THE YEAR.THAT WAS A REAL GOOD TEAM WITH ONLY 1 LOSS IN THE REGULAR SEASON AND THAT WAS TOO A GOOD GREEN WAVE TEAM.ALL OF THE OLD TEAMS ACROSS THE MID STATE IN THE 90'S USE TO EAT SLEEP AND DREAM FOOTBALL.NOW KIDS HAVE TOO MUCH OTHER STUFF ON THEIR MIND.THAT LEBANON TEAM ALSO HAD 9 MAKE ALL MID STATE FROM 1ST TO 3RD TEAM AND 8 TO MAKE ALL STATE FROM 1ST TOO 2ND TEAM AND HONORABLE MENTION. AND THE 92 TEAM WAS REALLY LOADED WITH MORE TALENT THAN THE 93 TEAM.FOOTBALL WAS REALLY GOOD IN THE 90'S SCOTT WORTMAN IN NOW A COACH ON FRANKLIN COUNTY'S STAFF AND HE'S A GOOD ONE

ru crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!have you ever heard of a guy named lorenzo booker(runs a 4.0)he played ball in california. dont say that its impossible! because you have no idea what ur talkin about! "its impossible for a high schooler to run a 4.1" please your pathetic. and if you dont believe me then wait till next year. hes a red shirt freshman for florida state. you will be hear alot about this kid.

Guest VOLCOWBOY

Thanks, I was racking my brain trying to remember his name. I think he might have been a better football player than a baseball player, but it sounds like he's doing well for himself. Man he sure could run.

Guest VOLCOWBOY

Kevin Henderson, wow....How could I forget him? He was a very good player. Really fast. I honestly don't think the Falcons would've won the state championship without him. Grogan was good too, but he was no comparison to Chad, Kevin and Carlos. I'm not saying he wasn't a great high school player because he was, it's just that he wasn't as valuable to the team as the other three mentioned. Speaking of Kevin Henderson, what did he end up doing after high school?