South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

A few will still be out there. A few will have a change of scenery in where they coach at. Some will hang it up and pursue other options that they want. The thing to remember though is that through all this Pirate football will still be around..

Pirate basketball is still around also, but it sure changed after Brooks retired.

• Upvote 1

This is a guess but would like to see the facts if someone has them.

H. Grider - 15+ years coaching

Stone - 12+ overall including middle school

Tidmore - not sure but thought he was at scottsboro and other north Alabama schools for many years

Hale - 25 + years

Coach Tidmore has 27 yrs in the coaching biz...Coached at his Alma Mater Pisgah and Head Coach at Scottsboro.

If Peak is heading to Pisgah,that's a head scratcher...unless he's from there or was r-u-n-n-o-f-t

They're a lot better this year..a lot less "me-ball". I'm surprised they lost to Whitwell the other night, though.

No depth. They had 5 good players. Lankford quit to prepare for football which took them to 4. Stone turned his ankle so they were down to 3. Johnson is there best player but just like the defense in football, Stone guides the team.

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

Anything else been said about Coach Grider leaving for another job?

Some guy on Facebook (I hope he doesn't post here) swears that Grider is probably staying, stating the job had not been posted. I pointed out that the South Pittsburg job had been on the TSSAA site since Dec. 11th and that applicants must have been submitted by Dec. 21st.

He replied back with all of the following.....

"a teaching position must be available before anyone can be hired for a professional position. No one can be a coach unless he holds a professional teaching certificate,and fills a professional position. The Marion County School Policy states that vacancies will be advertised. None have been posted by Marion County School Board. It is the responsibility of the high school principle to assign all duties including coaches. Unless Vic is staying, or someone already is employed there that can serve as head football coach, a lot remains to be done."

Some guy on Facebook (I hope he doesn't post here) swears that Grider is probably staying, stating the job had not been posted. I pointed out that the South Pittsburg job had been on the TSSAA site since Dec. 11th and that applicants must have been submitted by Dec. 21st.

He replied back with all of the following.....

He my friend is dead wrong. He nd others will be shocked in about two weeks.