South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

Well the Jasperites are loving things right now but the tradition of football in SP doesn't die. The Pride doesn't die. The community gets mad and yaps about this and that but in the end we are all still wishing the best for the kids. Those who say Stone isn't a great coach need to look back the last 10 or so years. Part of the reason the high school had such a good run is because someone like Stone took over the youth. He wasnt the typical parent coach, he was being a real coach and not just trying to get little Johnny in the endzone but he wanted build a dynasty... So to speak. But MrLegit... I like ya and all, and like your family, went to school with some of them, but bashing our current assistant coaches is not the way to go. I'm thinking since you were all state player maybe you should volunteer to help our boys this spring, reckon you will get first hand of how difficult the job really is.

Well the Jasperites are loving things right now but the tradition of football in SP doesn't die. The Pride doesn't die. The community gets mad and yaps about this and that but in the end we are all still wishing the best for the kids. Those who say Stone isn't a great coach need to look back the last 10 or so years. Part of the reason the high school had such a good run is because someone like Stone took over the youth. He wasnt the typical parent coach, he was being a real coach and not just trying to get little Johnny in the endzone but he wanted build a dynasty... So to speak. But MrLegit... I like ya and all, and like your family, went to school with some of them, but bashing our current assistant coaches is not the way to go. I'm thinking since you were all state player maybe you should volunteer to help our boys this spring, reckon you will get first hand of how difficult the job really is.

I said I didn't think we had anyone on staff ready to be head coach. Obviously Vic didn't either. But what I will say is that we need someone who can not listen to all the parents and are not friends with any of the parents. So I thought we may need an outsider who can put the best 11 on the field without any buddy buddy stuff like we have seen. I will say this I know this wouldn't happen if Ross was a Pirate. To be honest with you I don't have the patience and can't deal with complaining family members thinking their kids are better than they are. Whoever they pick like them or not I will support them and root for them and fight for the Pirates forever. go Pirated

I said I didn't think we had anyone on staff ready to be head coach. Obviously Vic didn't either. But what I will say is that we need someone who can not listen to all the parents and are not friends with any of the parents. So I thought we may need an outsider who can put the best 11 on the field without any buddy buddy stuff like we have seen. I will say this I know this wouldn't happen if Ross was a Pirate. To be honest with you I don't have the patience and can't deal with complaining family members thinking their kids are better than they are. Whoever they pick like them or not I will support them and root for them and fight for the Pirates forever. go Pirated

Understandable, but I don't think that would happen with Stone. But nevertheless, it is what it is. I will support whoever as well.

Legit, do you think they were playing buddy ball? It looked like pretty slim pickings on the sidelines last year to me. I saw most of those kids going both ways for the entire game. Maybe I missed something. The only question I had last year was Lankford. He needs to be on the field every play on both sides. Other than that I don't know of any other that wasn't out there that needed to be.

My big concern for the 2013 season is the leadership qualities. You can be a good football player, but not a good teammate. IMO you need both to be successful. Legit, you know this from our playing days together. We would always go to war for our brothers on the team.

1st, It is.....always about money.... SP folkes spoke highly of coach Rick from everything OP could gather. However Kiffen was spoke highly of by you Tennessee fans too before he jumped ship and went for the glitz and glamour of California.

2nd, Obviously he was never committed to SP, the community or the team or else he would not have resigned!

BIG QUESTIONS......for you since you claim to know him, "Where had he decided to live up here", "wasn't he still living in Calhoun"? Old Pirate thought it strange that no one ever indicated about where he was purchasing a house or trying to purchase a house.

Now as for the south Ga job, bet the house contact & talks had been going on for a while!

1. I'm no Tn fan.

2. He and his wife are still under contract with Calhoun

3. They have a contract on house in Calhoun to sell

4. They have a house lined up here.

5. They have a child in school there

If it is not in writing it is not worth jack. This is all I will say. Hope this answers questions. Good luck to the Pirates and Ricky. Both will survive and move on.

1st, It is.....always about money.... SP folkes spoke highly of coach Rick from everything OP could gather. However Kiffen was spoke highly of by you Tennessee fans too before he jumped ship and went for the glitz and glamour of California.

2nd, Obviously he was never committed to SP, the community or the team or else he would not have resigned!

BIG QUESTIONS......for you since you claim to know him, "Where had he decided to live up here", "wasn't he still living in Calhoun"? Old Pirate thought it strange that no one ever indicated about where he was purchasing a house or trying to purchase a house.

Now as for the south Ga job, bet the house contact & talks had been going on for a while!

South Pitt will be fine. Coach Grider will find a good coach to lead the Pirates. Marion has made strides so the Pirates better win that game this year because the tables may turn for a while after that. I have tons of respect for both programs and I think it is great that "Jasper" is on its way back up. I have a ton of respect for Vic and Mac. Those guys are tops in my book. So good luck to the Pirates and Warriors next year.

I'm sure you guys will make an excellent hire... It's just fun for me.. Lack of planning and lack of execution.. But hey, it's gonna be fine:. Lol lets see how many coach's SP goes through the next 7-8 years.. I've said it previously.. HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF.. Marion is on the rise and SP is crumbling... Future looks bright for the Marion faithful... And a lot of you ship sinkers are in a little bit of shock and denile

I understand that Marion has a good upcoming junior class and they could beat the pirates for a couple of years. I have also been to the middle school games for the past two years between these two and SP was the far superior team each year. I don't attend little league games either, but I have been told that the older groups at SP have done well. Maybe I'm getting old and senile but the talk about SP not having a shot to beat Marion for awhile has me confused.

I'm sure you guys will make an excellent hire... It's just fun for me.. Lack of planning and lack of execution.. But hey, it's gonna be fine:. Lol lets see how many coach's SP goes through the next 7-8 years.. I've said it previously.. HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF.. Marion is on the rise and SP is crumbling... Future looks bright for the Marion faithful... And a lot of you ship sinkers are in a little bit of shock and denile

BAHAHAHAHA are you serious?!?!? SP kids from 5 years old and up has beat them like a stick in every age group all the way up except one grade class which is MC's JR class. Outside of that YOU are irrelevant! History does repeat itself........in Jasper and SP....We win EVERY decade and always have....MC DOES NOT!! Like ole TT has already said the TRAIN is coming!!!! A blind dog w/3 legs could lead this team to a W over you guys..... Yes it will be closer than it has but is that really saying much???? Who has MC beat??? Just because you losers have beaten the bottom feeders after you scheduled down means.......Zilch....Nada....Nothing.....Keep barking though we have come to expect that from you guys....It keeps the TRAIN well fueled

there's no need to even acknowledge you till jasper becomes relevant again and I mean defeating us. So quiet down and post something on your thread. Of course no one even looks at your thread for weeks at a time