South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

OP nobody's worring at MC. Thought I made it clear last season, MC will beat the Pirates this season, regardless of who Principal / Head Coach might finally be down there. MC program is....STABLE.....for a change. Pirate program......ain't. I do figure some other poster was correct. Only surprise about final position appointments at SP will be no surprise at all. Do hope thats correct; would hate to see another crazy appointment cause even more disruption than what just occured.

the Pirates will win regardless of who the coach is like I said before we would win if Radio was the coach.

OP nobody's worring at MC. Thought I made it clear last season, MC will beat the Pirates this season, regardless of who Principal / Head Coach might finally be down there. MC program is....STABLE.....for a change. Pirate program......ain't. I do figure some other poster was correct. Only surprise about final position appointments at SP will be no surprise at all. Do hope thats correct; would hate to see another crazy appointment cause even more disruption than what just occured.

Old Pirate says the only thing yous made clear is yous a skillet head. You Jasper fellers needant frit, SP will be fine. You see. SP folkes have studded well over decades and the range is stocked. Jasper will enjoy a few years of success then look out....you fellers will again be searching for transfers, cause you feegots how to stud..

Stephen is a great guy no doubt. i too know him and his famil very well. I only ask ." why no artice asking the MCB OF ED AND MARK what or who is the delay with filling these two positions? The kids are losing out here because of why? If that ain't an article then shucks guys? How long has this principal position been open? really?And how many times at any school in the county has it taken half that long to shore up a person to fill the Position. Shoot didn't take this long for the schoolboard to hire Mark?

Pretty sure the hold up has already been discussed. No open teaching positions and no Principal. Teachers county-wide had until April 15 to notify Central Office with their intent to retire in order to be eligible for an exit bonus. Don't know if any at SPHS are planning to retire or not. They don't have to tell anyone they are leaving, only if they want the bonus. The only real hold-up that hasn't been explained is the placement of a Principal. My personal feeling is that it's Wilson's job if he wants it. He may be conflicted between Principal and coaching... I think his daughter will be a senior next year and I'm sure he'd like to coach her that last year. Speaking from experience, it's an awesome feeling being able to teach/coach at a school where your kid attends. As for the BOE, they don't get involved until they are presented with the final candidate and they just give their stamp of approval. SP is simply suffering from a lack of open teaching positions at this time. Personnel can't just be moved until the end of the school year.

Pretty sure the hold up has already been discussed. No open teaching positions and no Principal. Teachers county-wide had until April 15 to notify Central Office with their intent to retire in order to be eligible for an exit bonus. Don't know if any at SPHS are planning to retire or not. They don't have to tell anyone they are leaving, only if they want the bonus. The only real hold-up that hasn't been explained is the placement of a Principal. My personal feeling is that it's Wilson's job if he wants it. He may be conflicted between Principal and coaching... I think his daughter will be a senior next year and I'm sure he'd like to coach her that last year. Speaking from experience, it's an awesome feeling being able to teach/coach at a school where your kid attends. As for the BOE, they don't get involved until they are presented with the final candidate and they just give their stamp of approval. SP is simply suffering from a lack of open teaching positions at this time. Personnel can't just be moved until the end of the school year.

They did it to Beth Webb to get Wilson back.. Talkin bout cut throat!!! That was harsh..

They did it to Beth Webb to get Wilson back.. Talkin bout cut throat!!! That was harsh..

I'm not sure about all the details of that.... I thought they fired her from coaching and she chose to leave the teaching position. I could be wrong. I certainly hope that you aren't saying they should fire someone from teaching just to make a hole to hire someone. That would be a shame.

I'm not sure about all the details of that.... I thought they fired her from coaching and she chose to leave the teaching position. I could be wrong. I certainly hope that you aren't saying they should fire someone from teaching just to make a hole to hire someone. That would be a shame.

Puplegrad. that is where I believe the issue is. Filling the principal spot. one takes care of the other.

I most certainly don't think they or anybody should ever do that, but they did!

Old Pirate says the only thing yous made clear is yous a skillet head. You Jasper fellers needant frit, SP will be fine. You see. SP folkes have studded well over decades and the range is stocked. Jasper will enjoy a few years of success then look out....you fellers will again be searching for transfers, cause you feegots how to stud..

Skillet Head? You are the originator and self proclaimed King of such. I agree with that Radio comment. He could win many games with SP talent; who couldn't? I said early on SP should hire from within; Stone / Grider obvious choices. Other school connected individuals already named good choices also. Talent pool is wide and deep. Why look elsewhere. JMO but looks like SP hired a competent coach that didn't need the anticipated personality conflicts he saw coming and moved on to other options. Those problems won't likely exist with a local hire. Self inflicted wound that now has to be dealt with. This MC fan feels your pain and again suggests SP keep next hire local.

No worrying or friting(?) up the road. Opinions vary from mildly amused to roflmao type behaviors. I'm somewhere in the I Told You So middle range. Again, don't shoot the other foot off. Simplify the situation and hire local.