South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

a few young fellas asked me about if i had heard about TM being the next coach told em i heard rumors but nothing official. what alarmed me though was there take on it according to them just going by what they have heard i guess they dont want to play for him dont know why though whoever the next coach is though has to win these boys over

one thing these so called young fellas fail to realize is that you really don't play for the coach. Youplay for your school your community and mist of all yourself. I am sure a lot of players didn't want to play for Wilson when he took over or Vic when he started. Whoever the coach will be you play for the Pirates and give your best. If you can't do that go play somewhere else.

one thing these so called young fellas fail to realize is that you really don't play for the coach. Youplay for your school your community and mist of all yourself. I am sure a lot of players didn't want to play for Wilson when he took over or Vic when he started. Whoever the coach will be you play for the Pirates and give your best. If you can't do that go play somewhere else.

For once I agree with you... Not wanting to play for a coach is nothing more than an excuse. If you don't want to play, then don't play. The team is better off without you out there anyway.

a few young fellas asked me about if i had heard about TM being the next coach told em i heard rumors but nothing official. what alarmed me though was there take on it according to them just going by what they have heard i guess they dont want to play for him dont know why though whoever the next coach is though has to win these boys over

Depends on who you ask. Some want Grider back.

let's take an uneducated guess at forecast the future of how things shake out......i think the job will be given to either one of the assistants, probably stone who wants it to the most, or coach Grider will take back over on an intermin basis to a new coach can be selected after next season...probably not, with the feeling already fragile on the coaching staff and the budget extremely tight not only at marion county but ever where the position probably goes inside which allows for one or possibly no extra teaching position unless a position is vacated by someone going into an administrative position...hence the head coach will in fact being heading spring practice and the kids will not be penalized...could be and probably totally wrong...people will accept an insider much faster than they would and outsider and it keeps the possiblity of someone doing what they did first the first time....sh

I can assure you Stone doesn't want the job. He didn't reapply. He doesn't want to give up Baseball and would love to remain an assistant coach in football regardless of who the head coach will be.

Shut up and ride ? lol Hit a nerve did I . its a fact where is the article? this is a story and you all know it. Who is he trying to protect by not writing it? Come on Hargis or should I say.......... ask the question who or what's holding this up? For Purplegrad go play in your own sandbox. Oh sorry its boring on the Jasper board.

No didn't hit anything. I'm just quoting the old Grayhound commercial. The driver says, "sit back, shut up and leave the driving to us." I'm just comparing this coaching debacle to that commercial. I am curious about your statement concerning Hargis. Hargis is a life long friend of my family's and I am curious what you think he has to do with the process. Are you saying he knows who the coach is, but won't write the article yet? If he does know then I'm sure he has been sworn to secrecy. He can't exactly write an article until its officially announced.

I've known Steven since he was a kid. I grew up with his sister and I can tell you he is doing everything by the book. I don't know who it is dragging their feet or with their head up their you know what but thus is getting old. Its not a big deal but it is tiresome. Either the school board and Mark Griffith or Sphs itself need to quit beating around the bush and get something done. Not for the players because weight lifting you don't need a coach and spring practice is basically 15 days of hitting to see who will quit. No they need to do it for us and to get a new thread going for heavens sake.

For once I agree with you... Not wanting to play for a coach is nothing more than an excuse. If you don't want to play, then don't play. The team is better off without you out there anyway.

Purplegrad, let me ask you a question. Did you tell that McCurry man this year when he was supposed to have spring training? Last year you didnt and that Childress man got real mad at you for cheating. You think im joking but im not.

No didn't hit anything. I'm just quoting the old Grayhound commercial. The driver says, "sit back, shut up and leave the driving to us." I'm just comparing this coaching debacle to that commercial. I am curious about your statement concerning Hargis. Hargis is a life long friend of my family's and I am curious what you think he has to do with the process. Are you saying he knows who the coach is, but won't write the article yet? If he does know then I'm sure he has been sworn to secrecy. He can't exactly write an article until its officially announced.

Stephen is a great guy no doubt. i too know him and his famil very well. I only ask ." why no artice asking the MCB OF ED AND MARK what or who is the delay with filling these two positions? The kids are losing out here because of why? If that ain't an article then shucks guys? How long has this principal position been open? really?And how many times at any school in the county has it taken half that long to shore up a person to fill the Position. Shoot didn't take this long for the schoolboard to hire Mark?

So.............what is the delay in naming the earholing coach. Let us all know...thata way them Jasper fellers can start worrying....

OP nobody's worring at MC. Thought I made it clear last season, MC will beat the Pirates this season, regardless of who Principal / Head Coach might finally be down there. MC program is....STABLE.....for a change. Pirate program......ain't. I do figure some other poster was correct. Only surprise about final position appointments at SP will be no surprise at all. Do hope thats correct; would hate to see another crazy appointment cause even more disruption than what just occured.