South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

And just to keep this thread from getting boring.....Lil Man quit baseball yesterday. Says he is having trouble with his knees and wants to get them in better shape for football at that college that signed him.

That's unfortunate for the baseball team.. He made a commitment to SPHS baseball and should've stuck with it!!! Good luck SPHS baseball on the rest of the year.. I think WS does a great job with those boys.. Everybody says he only wins because of talent, but he's winning this year with a lot of younguns...

That's unfortunate for the baseball team.. He made a commitment to SPHS baseball and should've stuck with it!!! Good luck SPHS baseball on the rest of the year.. I think WS does a great job with those boys.. Everybody says he only wins because of talent, but he's winning this year with a lot of younguns...

Old Pirate ain't surprised...theys a HEEP of quit in youngons today more than ever. If they can't be or ain't the man or don't get to play the position they want....they quit. Every year coaches know there will be quitters but obviously some hurt the team. That is unfortunate for the others that depended on him playing. But some daddy is happy because it opens the door for a committed player to step up... BTW ... Where can a feller get a baseball schedule? Edited by OLD PIRATE

And just to keep this thread from getting boring.....Lil Man quit baseball yesterday. Says he is having trouble with his knees and wants to get them in better shape for football at that college that signed him.

As in Demetric Johnson? That's unfortunate and not to bash the kid but several coaches I've talked to have in the past questioned the kids character as far as the next level goes. Not sure why. He is a baller in football but quitting is never a good sign. The knee issues sounds like a sorry excuse to me. Baseball team will keep winning just as they have last few years I'm sure. Good luck to you guys in the coaching hire. If you don't know, now u know. How's that for some HotSauce?

Edited by HotSauce101

As in Demetric Johnson? That's unfortunate and not to bash the kid but several coaches I've talked to have in the past questioned the kids character as far as the next level goes. Not sure why. He is a baller in football but quitting is never a good sign. The knee issues sounds like a sorry excuse to me. Baseball team will keep winning just as they have last few years I'm sure. Good luck to you guys in the coaching hire. If you don't know, now u know. How's that for some HotSauce?

I am not going to bash the kid but I have heard that he pouts if he doesn't get his way. I don't know but if this is just to get ready for college ball great because it is a different beast all together. But quitting during the season after you gave your bros your word that you would be there to ball with them sucks. I know he played round ball too and probably did need some time off so don't start something you can't finish.

Greenbeene see you have went and got everyone off topic in this thread. This is hollowed ground my friend. Football is the topic and the new coach is what we wanna know about. Now spill your greenbeenes and tell us what you think is going to happen with the search.

When are yall hiring a principal and there is your answer

When are yall hiring a principal and there is your answer

I think all of us in the community would like to know the answer to that question. Do you have inside info on the principal or football coach? If you do please share. I was away for many years, but I still never remember anything like this. When I was in school over 20 some odd years ago we were never faced with this kind of mess.

I think all of us in the community would like to know the answer to that question. Do you have inside info on the principal or football coach? If you do please share. I was away for many years, but I still never remember anything like this. When I was in school over 20 some odd years ago we were never faced with this kind of mess.

From someone close to the situation, who will remain nameless, says that no coach will be put in place until principal gets in place. They say that the principal should be in around May 1st or so which like I have said many times could put the new coach in place toward end of May. In that scenario, I would guess the current assistants will be asked to take the men through spring drills.

To your point of a crazy situation, I agree, I too haven't seen something like this at a big time program like SP...ever!!

Greenbeene see you have went and got everyone off topic in this thread. This is hollowed ground my friend. Football is the topic and the new coach is what we wanna know about. Now spill your greenbeenes and tell us what you think is going to happen with the search.

Well, to be honest I DO know who the coach will be, and I'm 99% sure about the principal....but, alas, it would be unethical for me to reveal this information. I CAN reveal that there will be no big surprises.

Well, to be honest I DO know who the coach will be, and I'm 99% sure about the principal....but, alas, it would be unethical for me to reveal this information. I CAN reveal that there will be no big surprises.

So.............what is the delay in naming the earholing coach. Let us all know...thata way them Jasper fellers can start worrying....