South Pittsburg Football 2013

GCPioneer

Legit I don't think they have problems with any of the local guys. If they had a "problem" then those guys wouldn't be on the staff in any capacity. Obviously, Coach Grider thought he had a jewel of a hire the first time but it turned into this debacle. From what little information I have been able to gather the last few days, the hire this time will have local ties and you will have a coaching staff next season comprised of mostly SP guys and guys that have been in the program for awhile.

2011InsideMast.jpgHuddle Exclusives: Daily Headlines The Guru Match Murphy Statewide Leaderboards Top Prospects Coaching Changes Home Scoreboard Standings Polls Broadcasts State Records Playoff History Team Web Sites 2012 Magazine Links Contact Us Murphy's Coaching Changes for 2012

School (Football) New Coach Old Coach

South Pittsburg Roy E. Dillard Ricky Ross

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :|

It is correct that Webb was fired from her coaching position. She and her family threw multiple fits and acted very childishly. She then resigned her teaching position and wound up at RHMS. It was recently made known that her RHMS contract will not be renewed. It was known that a teaching position would come open in Jr. High before Webb was asked to step down from her coaching position, so there was no hanky-panky in that area. Webb could have stayed on as a teacher even with Wilson there. Ross, I think, also acted childishly. He now is gone. As far as the SPHS principal job - interviews should start in about two weeks. The BOE learned a few lessons from the Ross incident and that is why it has taken longer than most thought. At least two teachers have noted their desire to retire.

It is correct that Webb was fired from her coaching position. She and her family threw multiple fits and acted very childishly. She then resigned her teaching position and wound up at RHMS. It was recently made known that her RHMS contract will not be renewed. It was known that a teaching position would come open in Jr. High before Webb was asked to step down from her coaching position, so there was no hanky-panky in that area. Webb could have stayed on as a teacher even with Wilson there. Ross, I think, also acted childishly. He now is gone. As far as the SPHS principal job - interviews should start in about two weeks. The BOE learned a few lessons from the Ross incident and that is why it has taken longer than most thought. At least two teachers have noted their desire to retire.

Yep recon so, ain't sure theys knowd much more than any other skillet heads thou! What a mess........Roy could have done a much, much better job hiring a feuding coach.Yous thinks Old Pirate is joking...............................OP ain't joking neither!

Legit I don't think they have problems with any of the local guys. If they had a "problem" then those guys wouldn't be on the staff in any capacity. Obviously, Coach Grider thought he had a jewel of a hire the first time but it turned into this debacle. From what little information I have been able to gather the last few days, the hire this time will have local ties and you will have a coaching staff next season comprised of mostly SP guys and guys that have been in the program for awhile.

What kind of mess is this? Grider did not have a jewel. That Ross man had never even won a durn game. That Rankin man would have been a jewel. Grider is not getting in any hurry to get our boys a coach. They need one for spring training. That man at Foodland told me today that our boys are not lifting weights. Grider should be making sure they are until he can get us another coach. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard

I didn't think she was fired from teaching.

What kind of mess is this? Grider did not have a jewel. That Ross man had never even won a durn game. That Rankin man would have been a jewel. Grider is not getting in any hurry to get our boys a coach. They need one for spring training. That man at Foodland told me today that our boys are not lifting weights. Grider should be making sure they are until he can get us another coach. You think im joking but im not.

you think I'm joking or not but coaches don'tmake players lift weights. Its up to the players

I didn't think she was fired from teaching.

I don't know any details about that, but something happened and she was a long time pirate. PG what kind of record she have as a bball coach at SP. I know Richard Hardy beat SP her 1st year at RH.. Back on topic, any news about a coach?

Edited by 98nationalchmps

I don't know any details about that, but something happened and she was a long time pirate. PG what kind of record she have as a bball coach at SP. I know Richard Hardy beat SP her 1st year at RH.. Back on topic, any news about a coach?

I have no idea what her record was. Doesn't explain why she quit her teaching job. And she wasn't the coach at RHM when they beat SP so what's the relevance?

I don't see SP firing a teacher to have a spot for a football coach. GreenBeene said at least two teachers had give notice of intent to retire. That gives Vic some options and something to offer potential candidates.