Trousdale Co. Cowards

CougarPride3

Trousdale Superintendent Satterfield informed Goodpasture yesterday that they will not be playing them in any sport but football. How cowardly of an act is this? It is not like Goodpasture is a CPA or Ensworth type school. Plus the fact that Trousdale has no issues playing smaller DII schools they think they might be able to hammer. This is a pathetic and weak showing by a community that prides itself on its athletics.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The point that he is trying to make is that Goodpasture will find a way to get the players in that are needed. Every provate school should be in the same division because they are on the equal playing field. Also, Goodpasture has more students than some Class AA schools do and they dropped down a class. If you think it's perfectly fine to let public and private play one another, you have lost your mind. Perfect example is what Drew Maddux is doing at CPA . I think its pretty funny how slick he thinks he is. No sympathy for Goodpasture as well. I hate it for that Class A District that has to play them and try to compete for a district crown againes them.

The point that he is trying to make is that Goodpasture will find a way to get the players in that are needed. Every provate school should be in the same division because they are on the equal playing field. Also, Goodpasture has more students than some Class AA schools do and they dropped down a class. If you think it's perfectly fine to let public and private play one another, you have lost your mind. Perfect example is what Drew Maddux is doing at CPA . I think its pretty funny how slick he thinks he is. No sympathy for Goodpasture as well. I hate it for that Class A District that has to play them and try to compete for a district crown againes them.

Not sure how you've determined that Goodpasture has more students than some AA teams unless they have chosen to play up in class. Goodpasture has to use a multiplier of 1.8 on the student base provided to the TSSAA. So if they have 500 students, they are classed like they have 900.....

Not sure how you've determined that Goodpasture has more students than some AA teams unless they have chosen to play up in class. Goodpasture has to use a multiplier of 1.8 on the student base provided to the TSSAA. So if they have 500 students, they are classed like they have 900.....

What he meant was more Student Athletes than Most AA teams... Athletic Participation rates at private schools double and sometimes triple what a public school can achieve with its student base.

uFCa has an AP of over 70% while here in TC our AP is probably in the mid 20s to low 30s. That over 70% number is not uncommon at private schools...and it is totally unheard of in public schools...why is that?

:popcorneater:

Edited by slimshady

Trousdale Superintendent Satterfield informed Goodpasture yesterday that they will not be playing them in any sport but football. How cowardly of an act is this? It is not like Goodpasture is a CPA or Ensworth type school. Plus the fact that Trousdale has no issues playing smaller DII schools they think they might be able to hammer. This is a pathetic and weak showing by a community that prides itself on its athletics.

Goodpasture should be in AA and we all know this. Only because of Ronnie Carter's plan are they not. Goodpasture openly recruits athletes as does every other private school and therefore they should be made to play at the highest level in every division i.e. AAA in basketball, baseball, golf etc. and 6A in football. Then the proverbial playing field will be level. Goodpasture is in Class A for only 4 years then they move back up to AA. Ronnie Carter gutted the public schools when he put in an idiotic rule like the one that Goodpasture is benefiting from. If you are going to have a multiplier then use it. If you're suppose to be AA by the multiplier then you need to be AA period. I don't care how many classifications you have to move up at one time. Right is right. Why should a small Class A school like TC have to play a Nashville based AA private school? Makes no sense to me. You won't find anyone from 7A that will like Goodpasture either i can assure you of that! Make no mistake about it though, your girls basketball team will not challenge Jackson County or Clarkrange this year or any other year for that matter. Your only hope is to make it to the region semi's where you will face one of these power houses and thats where the road ends.

Edited by devilfanatic

Mr Satterfield is a good man

Sounds to me like the TC administration is a prime example of political correctness run amock - "If I don't think something is fair, I will whine and refuse to participate until someone else comes along to make it right." I always kinda thought that high school athletics was for the kids, not for coaches and administrators to grandstand and try to make political statements. Just wondering what kinda message TC thinks this sends to the kids - if you think life ain't fair - just quit????? Guess what TC? Life ain't fair, and there are plenty of losers out there who do just quit. The ones that win are the ones that go out and do their best whatever the odds against them may be.

I do not have a connection to either school. It seems to me that Mr. Satterfield is making a statement that the system used to place teams in divisions and districts is not right and he is using the non-revenue sports to make his point.

What if none of the other schools played Goodpasture in non-revenue generating sports, how would the district determine regular season champions? Tournament seeding?

Goodpasture would be the regular season champ in that case and the #1 seed and the rest would be determined by their standings against each other.

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/sbasketball.pdf

Page 2, IV. Tournament Plans (Division 1) A. District Tournaments

5. District draws in all three classes shall be determined by the participating teams.