Clint's Line in the Sand?

Why would GP recruit anyone from TC?  Who in TC would make the long drive to GP to go to school?  There's no good way to get from one school to the other.  I'm sure neither school is looking forward to these long road trips over the next 4 years.  You won't find many (if any) GP people excited about the plight the TSSAA put on them by moving them to A.

People move to go to school there on a yearly basis,...for athletics only....

Anywho...don't expect no love from down here. 

And p.s. we tried to save you guys all those long road trips, but at the district meeting we were told we would be voted to last place in district tournaments if we didn't put ya'll on our schedules....which sounds to me like ya'll ARE looking forward to these long road trips over the next 4 years...

Wow, that is really sad. Hey Slim, call Rick B for a game so you can see what a real recruitng machine looks like. Not all privates are the same, I bet TC and Satterfield wouldnt mind destroying the likes of Mt. Juliet Christian and Davidson Academy.

Goodpastor has about a 90% athletic participation in there school...how can that not be recruiting? I've even been told that it asks what sports your child plays on the school application.

Here's to hoping they have the worst 4 years in there schools history...academically, athleticly, and economically.  

:popcorneater:

People move to go to school there on a yearly basis,...for athletics only....

Anywho...don't expect no love from down here. 

And p.s. we tried to save you guys all those long road trips, but at the district meeting we were told we would be voted to last place in district tournaments if we didn't put ya'll on our schedules....which sounds to me like ya'll ARE looking forward to these long road trips over the next 4 years...

Goodpastor has about a 90% athletic participation in there school...how can that not be recruiting? I've even been told that it asks what sports your child plays on the school application.

Here's to hoping they have the worst 4 years in there schools history...academically, athleticly, and economically.  

:popcorneater:

Slim, don't be so mean spirited.  You're last name isn't Satt-afraid is it?  You're misinformed about the vote.  It was a unanimous vote which means every school voted that TC should be a competitor and not a quitter.  You make it sound like TC won't be finishing in last place anyway.  You're misinformed about the athletic participation.  It's nowhere close to your percent.  Don't be so mean.  Here's hoping TC has a great 4 years academically, athletically, and economically!  It will be for Goodpasture!!!  If both have success, then it will be fun competition and not a tail woopin' like you and Clint think it will be.

Slim, don't be so mean spirited.  You're last name isn't Satt-afraid is it?  You're misinformed about the vote.  It was a unanimous vote which means every school voted that TC should be a competitor and not a quitter.  You make it sound like TC won't be finishing in last place anyway.  You're misinformed about the athletic participation.  It's nowhere close to your percent.  Don't be so mean.  Here's hoping TC has a great 4 years academically, athletically, and economically!  It will be for Goodpasture!!!  If both have success, then it will be fun competition and not a tail woopin' like you and Clint think it will be.

Its a sad day in sports when a tournament seeding gets voted on, just shows you how ignorant those TSSAA leaders are...and that we have some of the worst high school rules in the state.

Is this the same protocol in other districts for post-season tournament play? I still can't wrap my head around the idea of a "vote" determining tournament seedings....??? If that is the case then it shouldn't matter either way whether all teams play one another since a vote determines their seeding destiny anyways.

Its a sad day in sports when a tournament seeding gets voted on, just shows you how ignorant those TSSAA leaders are...and that we have some of the worst high school rules in the state.

I have never heard of districts voting on tournament seeding.  This is a new one on me.  Maybe the districts vote every year to let the district won-loss records seed the tournament.  I don't know.  I'm with you Slim.  This has got to be the stupidist rule the TSSAA has.

They did not vote on tournament seedings top to bottom. They voted that if you did not play everyone in the district then you would automatically be seeded last. All the other seedings are decided on field/court where they should be. Trousdale can easily avoid their last place seeding by playing EVERYONE in the district. And no, they did not schedule Goodpasture in at least volleyball or baseball still, even knowing they will be automatically placed in last place. Guess who last place usually draws in the tournaments? First.

They did not vote on tournament seedings top to bottom. They voted that if you did not play everyone in the district then you would automatically be seeded last. All the other seedings are decided on field/court where they should be. Trousdale can easily avoid their last place seeding by playing EVERYONE in the district. And no, they did not schedule Goodpasture in at least volleyball or baseball still, even knowing they will be automatically placed in last place. Guess who last place usually draws in the tournaments? First.

Right, so a forfeit counts as a loss, why do we get VOTED to last?  I guess it is against TSSAA policy to forfeit huh?

Not sure about volleyball but district tournament is double elimination in baseball and TC has been use to 2nd in baseball with FC being state contenders so it won't affect baseball that bad. And everyone saying that we are whining needs to look, Trousdale county has roughly 7,000 people in the county and have classes where we are not talented TC always has heart but some classes don't have the talent and unfortunately My senior class was one of those.  But GP and FC are privates where they can go out and find outstanding middle school student-athletes and Yes there is down years for them too but it does not have near the effect on GP and FC as it does on little Trousdale County.  We are choosing not to play them not because we are scarred or know we can't compete which I think we will play them basketball, not sure, but anyway we are playing them because Clint is trying to prove a point to the TSSAA and it's nothing personal with GP in fact I look forward to the meetings on the gridiron and would like to welcome the Goodpasture cougars to District 8A. Good luck to the cougars until September 20th. When you officially get welcomed to district 8A! :thumb:  

I can look at both sides of this issue, but here's my take.

The TSSAA's boneheaded rules allowed this to happen and then they wouldn't let GP join district 10 like they wanted and they didn't allow RBS to join district 7.

GP is just doing what they are allowed to do.

IMO, if Satterfield wanted to make a point, he should have avoided GP in all sports including football.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter how many schools protest, the T$$AA isn't going to change anything until the next classification period.

So, in the meantime line up and play who you have to.

I don't think GP should be in this class or district, but they are and we'll play them.

Plus, if it wasn't for the way they divide the playoffs in football, they would be in AA, so one sport allowed them to move down for all sports. Idiotic reasoning in my opinion.

I can look at both sides of this issue, but here's my take.

The TSSAA's boneheaded rules allowed this to happen and then they wouldn't let GP join district 10 like they wanted and they didn't allow RBS to join district 7.

GP is just doing what they are allowed to do.

IMO, if Satterfield wanted to make a point, he should have avoided GP in all sports including football.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter how many schools protest, the T$$AA isn't going to change anything until the next classification period.

So, in the meantime line up and play who you have to.

I don't think GP should be in this class or district, but they are and we'll play them.

Plus, if it wasn't for the way they divide the playoffs in football, they would be in AA, so one sport allowed them to move down for all sports. Idiotic reasoning in my opinion.

BS...i guarantee you if every public school in TN refused to play all of the privates...TSSAA would do something...

Problem is we live in a world of SHEEPLE...who believe what you believe(can't do nothing 'bout it), cause thats what you been told to believe. Afraid to stand up for what is right, just lay down like a doormat and get stepped on....

i personally lost all respect for District 8 when they voted against TC AND FOR THE PRIVATE SCHOOL.

now hold still while i get the dogpoo.... off the bottom of my shoe....Doormat

BS...i guarantee you if every public school in TN refused to play all of the privates...TSSAA would do something...

Problem is we live in a world of SHEEPLE...who believe what you believe(can't do nothing 'bout it), cause thats what you been told to believe. Afraid to stand up for what is right, just lay down like a doormat and get stepped on....

i personally lost all respect for District 8 when they voted against TC AND FOR THE PRIVATE SCHOOL.

now hold still while i get the dogpoo.... off the bottom of my shoe....Doormat

I personally don't mind playing Goodpasture. It's something new.

As far as the vote goes, regardless of the outcome, the publics in the district would be cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I'm for a full split, and the majority of publics think that way, and the TSSAA still does what they want.

If they would've let GP go to District 10, none of this would be an issue.

Either way, it doesn't help Clint's stance if he's not boycotting them in football as well.

It reminds me of my son, he's happy as long as he's winning, and if he doesn't think he's gonna win, he doesn't want to play.

Should RBS boycott district 8 because they've never been able to compete against TC, Gville, or H2O. It's the same thing.

Their enrollment is 187 and with the exception of Gville the rest of the schools in the district have twice their enrollment.

Clint would have a better argument if he was consistent, and he's not.

Line up and play em (in all sports) and let the TSSAA know how you feel.

But sulling up is about as crybaby as it gets.