9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

The reason Brentwood had so many fans at yals game was because it was their homecoming. I expect this to be a tough region this year. Although, there are a lot of question marks going into fall camp. Such as, SC -will they finally put it together,Portland - will they continue on their successful run as of late, Lebanon- new, disciplined coach at the helm so who knows, WC - has a lot coming back and should be good, MJ - rebuild or reload???, Beech- good athletes, but line? Hendersonville - always disciplined and should have a chip on their shoulder. All in all should be a fun year.

I agree MJpride. Times have changed but the opponents that they have been scheduling, even though they have been the large schools, just have not been traveling well. Take for instance Brentwood. Last year, at their place, even with our season not as productive like it has been Gallatin had a decent crowd and Brentwood was packed. The year before when they came to Gallatin, I bet they did not have over 200. In these days, a large gate really helps the program. Trousdale Co will bring a ton of fans since they are close. Like Slim said, they have a great tradition. Luckily for our district we have good fan support both home and away. Trousdale Co will boost the gate for both sides of this renewed rivalry. Filling that spot with them is very good when others in 5-A all do not want to play you. And yes believe it or not, Gallatin gets turned down quite a bit for games. Like over 20 different schools from middle to east Tenn.

I think the TC vs Gallatin game will be a great game...and just like us and Macon, it would be great to see us continue to play each other and renew a very old rivalry, it was Gallatin Polytechnical Institute (now Gallatin High School) who we played for our first State Championship...back in 1922. TC managed a score in the 4th quarter to win the game 13-7. Man...i remember it like it was yesterday. :hungry:

Sorry Slim, my records only go back to 1930. That is when Gallatin became the Green Wave. I was unaware there was ever a state championship played that early since in was voted on years later. I have always wondered if there are any records to vindicate ya'lls claim to a state title that early.

I agree MJpride. Times have changed but the opponents that they have been scheduling, even though they have been the large schools, just have not been traveling well. Take for instance Brentwood. Last year, at their place, even with our season not as productive like it has been Gallatin had a decent crowd and Brentwood was packed. The year before when they came to Gallatin, I bet they did not have over 200. In these days, a large gate really helps the program. Trousdale Co will bring a ton of fans since they are close. Like Slim said, they have a great tradition. Luckily for our district we have good fan support both home and away. Trousdale Co will boost the gate for both sides of this renewed rivalry. Filling that spot with them is very good when others in 5-A all do not want to play you. And yes believe it or not, Gallatin gets turned down quite a bit for games. Like over 20 different schools from middle to east Tenn.

I wasn't really even thinking about the visiting team's fans. I've been to a few GHS games years ago and always remembering that it was hard to find a seat because of the GHS fans filling their side and also taking 1/2 to 2/3rds of the visitors side. That's not the case here recently. Win and your large gate problems will be gone. Ticket prices and food cost the same for Gallatin fans and their visitors. Get back to the glory days and then yall will fill the stadium with Gallatin fans alone. As much as I've disliked (and continue to dislike)GHS over the years I think it's sad to see the decline of a once proud and football power like GHS. The MJ vs GHS was always the game to go see. That isn't the case anymore.

Sorry Slim, my records only go back to 1930. That is when Gallatin became the Green Wave. I was unaware there was ever a state championship played that early since in was voted on years later. I have always wondered if there are any records to vindicate ya'lls claim to a state title that early.

http://www.tcjackets.com/tradition/100-years-of-football.html