9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

Did I state anything about the end of the world for GHS? No! Did I state decline? Yes! The early exit 2 years ago in the playoffs, bad season last year, this year probably a little better than last year but probably not much. That would be considered a decline. I was actually bragging about how GHS would fill the home side and a lot of the visitor's side in the past, but that has declined over the last couple years. Quit making excuses for your loss to MJ 2 years ago.You lost! For you to make the statement about "just wait for our Freshmen and 8th graders" and to go all the way back to the glory days of championships must mean one thing. A decline recently.I stated that the upgrade was fresh paint. Care to share of any others? I would like to see better games between the Wave and the Bears like the past and not like last years. Have a wonderful day.

im not saying anything about the "glory days" i simply mentioned the 3 state championships because we are very proud of having those here in Gallatin, and we will continue to talk about them. That's 3 more state champ banners than MJ has. Just a fact. You still want to talk about the stadium? As Gwave said, they put up a nice big new scoreboard, endzone clocks, new speakers. what else should they do to the stadium besides maybe put up some field goal nets behind the uprights? not much else to improve. like i said before, still has more seating than any other team we play. Pride, i REALLY like the new stadium you have at Mj. i love how the field is in a bowl and there is plenty of standing area. But let's not forget that the Wilson Co. Board built that new school AND stadium for yall. I bet Wilson Co. property taxes has seen a nice raise with the building of WCHS, MJHS, & now LHS in recent years.

But before you talk about what Gallatin needs to be doing, realize that the Green Wave quarterback club is the only source of income for the football team. Sumner Co. board does not help us the way that they do to our cross town team. SC had the Sumner Board build them a new weightroom and a couple other things, since they couldnt afford it on their qb club budget. The reason GHS doesnt get any help from the board is b/c we are one of the only programs that doesnt have to rely on the help of an outside source. Eveything the Green Wave football players get, comes from the QB club. No help fro the board. Even the really nice weight room facility and indoor training facility was paid for 110% by the QB club. It would be really nice if we could get some love from the Sumner Co. board the way that other teams get help. maybe then we can afford to further improve the stadium. Until then, we raise all the money that goes to the program. And yes, even after a year like we had last year, there is still plenty of support that goes into our QB club. i do agree, we are one a decline right now, but that started last year, not 2 years ago. you can't say a 9-1 team that beat Oakand/ Brentwood is a declining year. did they get upset in the playoff game to a team that they beat in the in the regular season very easily? yes. but still a good football team, no doubt.

i dont want you to think i have anything against Mj, cause i dont. The bears have had their two best seaons ever in their entire history in these past two years. But you have been degrading our football team in this thread in a couple of your posts. Saying things like " its sad that Gallatin has to play TC and Stewarts Creek for non district games" Dont you believe we are due for an easier non district schedule? I guarantee you when Gallatin is back on its feet, they will immediately return to playing good Rutherford co. & Wilco schools.

Edited by thegreatone36

im not saying anything about the "glory days" i simply mentioned the 3 state championships because we are very proud of having those here in Gallatin, and we will continue to talk about them. That's 3 more state champ banners than MJ has. Just a fact. You still want to talk about the stadium? As Gwave said, they put up a nice big new scoreboard, endzone clocks, new speakers. what else should they do to the stadium besides maybe put up some field goal nets behind the uprights? not much else to improve. like i said before, still has more seating than any other team we play. Pride, i REALLY like the new stadium you have at Mj. i love how the field is in a bowl and there is plenty of standing area. But let's not forget that the Wilson Co. Board built that new school AND stadium for yall. I bet Wilson Co. property taxes has seen a nice raise with the building of WCHS, MJHS, & now LHS in recent years.

But before you talk about what Gallatin needs to be doing, realize that the Green Wave quarterback club is the only source of income for the football team. Sumner Co. board does not help us the way that they do to our cross town team. SC had the Sumner Board build them a new weightroom and a couple other things, since they couldnt afford it on their qb club budget. The reason GHS doesnt get any help from the board is b/c we are one of the only programs that doesnt have to rely on the help of an outside source. Eveything the Green Wave football players get, comes from the QB club. No help fro the board. Even the really nice weight room facility and indoor training facility was paid for 110% by the QB club. It would be really nice if we could get some love from the Sumner Co. board the way that other teams get help. maybe then we can afford to further improve the stadium. Until then, we raise all the money that goes to the program. And yes, even after a year like we had last year, there is still plenty of support that goes into our QB club. i do agree, we are one a decline right now, but that started last year, not 2 years ago. you can't say a 9-1 team that beat Oakand/ Brentwood is a declining year. did they get upset in the playoff game to a team that they beat in the in the regular season very easily? yes. but still a good football team, no doubt.

i dont want you to think i have anything against Mj, cause i dont. The bears have had their two best seaons ever in their entire history in these past two years. But you have been degrading our football team in this thread in a couple of your posts. Saying things like " its sad that Gallatin has to play TC and Stewarts Creek for non district games" Dont you believe we are due for an easier non district schedule? I guarantee you when Gallatin is back on its feet, they will immediately return to playing good Rutherford co. & Wilco schools.

The point I was getting at was about what you reaffirmed. Why would Coach R. P. want to go to a Sumner County school when they don't get full support (from the county) like a MJ or a Rutherford County school. GHS does have 3 titles from way back and their record against MJ is incredible (A lot of close and exciting games that GHS won).Has GHS ever lost to MJ 2 years in a row? Nothing last forever but i'm going to enjoy it while I can. Just like GHS fans still enjoy talking about their 3 state championships from a long time ago. Sometimes you can read into what people put on here and take it the wrong way. That is understandable, but you've not only got on here and spun things around you've also added things on here I never mentioned. Example-I mentioned TC but never mentioned Stewarts Creek. Good luck to the Wave this year (except against the BEARS of course)

The point I was getting at was about what you reaffirmed. Why would Coach R. P. want to go to a Sumner County school when they don't get full support (from the county) like a MJ or a Rutherford County school. GHS does have 3 titles from way back and their record against MJ is incredible (A lot of close and exciting games that GHS won).Has GHS ever lost to MJ 2 years in a row? Nothing last forever but i'm going to enjoy it while I can. Just like GHS fans still enjoy talking about their 3 state championships from a long time ago. Sometimes you can read into what people put on here and take it the wrong way. That is understandable, but you've not only got on here and spun things around you've also added things on here I never mentioned. Example-I mentioned TC but never mentioned Stewarts Creek. Good luck to the Wave this year (except against the BEARS of course)

i never said anything about Perry coming to Gallatin, i believe that is someone else spreading that rumor in this thread. Im proud that we raise enough money for our football program that we dont have to rely on the board, but it would never hurt if we could get the added support from them. Just because some of the other programs in our area need the boards support more than us, doesnt mean they should only focus on helping them. GHS is changing over everything they currently wear over to nike, and nearly the whole team has the new revolution speed helmets. So proud to say that the community gave the team the funds to buy things like this, since the board doesnt. And just to let you know, i pull for the Bears once playoff season comes around! Good luck against everybody this year, except GHS ofcourse :mrgreen: