9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

I saw Wilson Central at the Music City Classic.

QB has a really good deep ball. They do not have that big go to receiver like last year just a nice set of role players. Everybody talks about that Angel kid but if he was there, he did not standout to me. He may be more of a running threat, I do not know. Looks like they had a lot of guys ready to take over on defense.

Wave, I had heard that Angel is playing running back. He is 6'3 so you cant miss him. I did hear that he was banged up this spring and didn't play much. They do have another good young running back ( Vic Johnson ) that will be a sophomore this year. WC does have talent. Was surprised to see SC as low as they were on the coaches predictions with the talent they have.

Wave, I had heard that Angel is playing running back. He is 6'3 so you cant miss him. I did hear that he was banged up this spring and didn't play much. They do have another good young running back ( Vic Johnson ) that will be a sophomore this year. WC does have talent. Was surprised to see SC as low as they were on the coaches predictions with the talent they have.

Saw Wilson Central in the spring against Blackman, and while they struggled, you could tell that they have enough talent to piece together another good season. Should be another good year in 9-AAA, who is quickly becoming 7-AAA's equal year in and year out..............

District coaches predictions... No surprise

Beech

Mt Juliet

Wilson Central

Hendersonville

Station Camp

Portland

Gallatin

Lebanon

Based on last years Freshman teams, I really expect Hendersonville to be even higher. IF they can keep them healthy and together....It appears we will have to do more with less like always in Portland. We just dont have the size like the larger schools (number of players). Our conditioning and strength has improved considerably in the last few years, which has helped us more than anything I feel, the players have the ability to go all 4 quarters and ALOT of ours go both ways the entire game. I think we still have less than 60 players and that includes all the incoming Freshman, lol. We do have a new defensive coordinator to work with Coach Aric (head) and Coach Bradely (offense) and the players seem to respond equally well to all 3. Which is a good thing. Good luck to everyone this year.

Based on last years Freshman teams, I really expect Hendersonville to be even higher. IF they can keep them healthy and together....It appears we will have to do more with less like always in Portland. We just dont have the size like the larger schools (number of players). Our conditioning and strength has improved considerably in the last few years, which has helped us more than anything I feel, the players have the ability to go all 4 quarters and ALOT of ours go both ways the entire game. I think we still have less than 60 players and that includes all the incoming Freshman, lol. We do have a new defensive coordinator to work with Coach Aric (head) and Coach Bradely (offense) and the players seem to respond equally well to all 3. Which is a good thing. Good luck to everyone this year.

Southern Fried; how is your son doing? Hope ie is making a full recovery. How have the panthers looked in 7 on 7s?

I wasn't really even thinking about the visiting team's fans. I've been to a few GHS games years ago and always remembering that it was hard to find a seat because of the GHS fans filling their side and also taking 1/2 to 2/3rds of the visitors side. That's not the case here recently. Win and your large gate problems will be gone. Ticket prices and food cost the same for Gallatin fans and their visitors. Get back to the glory days and then yall will fill the stadium with Gallatin fans alone. As much as I've disliked (and continue to dislike)GHS over the years I think it's sad to see the decline of a once proud and football power like GHS. The MJ vs GHS was always the game to go see. That isn't the case anymore.

I agree MJ pride...think the best game I remember watching between The Wave and The bears was a 2-0 win for the Wave... The stadium so packed the fans where lined 5 deep around the fence...! May said that was the state championship that year....I tend to agree !

Southern Fried; how is your son doing? Hope ie is making a full recovery. How have the panthers looked in 7 on 7s?

Thanks for asking about Kemper. He was released from Dr Pagnani for full participation a couple of weeks back. He still doesnt want him doing any over head lifting, and he told him while working out through the summer if he experiences ANY pain to stop doing those excerices that cause pain. So far he hasnt felt any, but the coaches have been wonderful at followiing his progress. He still isnt allowed to throw a baseaball till September and we have a throwing program that he will have to go through. We just need to find the right throwing coach to send him to. But he worked his tail off in therapy to tighten up his shoulder. The labrum will never heal on its on, but, anyone who has played baseball has a tear in their labrum. The pain comes from when the ball tries to rotate out of the socket, we were lucky (so far) that he had no damamge to his rotator cup and only a slight tear. But, the funny thing, we found out both his shoulders were "loose", just the way God made him. Thank God, Coach Parker shut him down when he did this past baseball season before serious damage was done. So far the Lord has blessed him, but, he has to keep doing his band work....as far as Portland in the 7 on 7, this week in Trousdale County I thought we looked pretty good. To be running mostly the single wing under Coach Bradely and mostly running the ball, I felt they looked pretty good, we tied with PJ2 2-2. Were beaten by Warren Central Dragons either 2-0 or 2-1, beat Red Boiling Springs 3-0, lost to Riverdale 2-1, and lost to Trousdale County 4-3. It looked like we tried several different qb's and rec. it was hard to keep up because they were just wearing their gray T's with no numbers lol. I never paid much attnention to 7 on 7 passing league stuff, but, I can see, it does get the kids a ton of work in a short period of time. Kinda fun to watch for this newbie lol. We travel to Ravenwood in the morning. Dont know the schedule or who we play though.

Thanks for asking about Kemper. He was released from Dr Pagnani for full participation a couple of weeks back. He still doesnt want him doing any over head lifting, and he told him while working out through the summer if he experiences ANY pain to stop doing those excerices that cause pain. So far he hasnt felt any, but the coaches have been wonderful at followiing his progress. He still isnt allowed to throw a baseaball till September and we have a throwing program that he will have to go through. We just need to find the right throwing coach to send him to. But he worked his tail off in therapy to tighten up his shoulder. The labrum will never heal on its on, but, anyone who has played baseball has a tear in their labrum. The pain comes from when the ball tries to rotate out of the socket, we were lucky (so far) that he had no damamge to his rotator cup and only a slight tear. But, the funny thing, we found out both his shoulders were "loose", just the way God made him. Thank God, Coach Parker shut him down when he did this past baseball season before serious damage was done. So far the Lord has blessed him, but, he has to keep doing his band work....as far as Portland in the 7 on 7, this week in Trousdale County I thought we looked pretty good. To be running mostly the single wing under Coach Bradely and mostly running the ball, I felt they looked pretty good, we tied with PJ2 2-2. Were beaten by Warren Central Dragons either 2-0 or 2-1, beat Red Boiling Springs 3-0, lost to Riverdale 2-1, and lost to Trousdale County 4-3. It looked like we tried several different qb's and rec. it was hard to keep up because they were just wearing their gray T's with no numbers lol. I never paid much attnention to 7 on 7 passing league stuff, but, I can see, it does get the kids a ton of work in a short period of time. Kinda fun to watch for this newbie lol. We travel to Ravenwood in the morning. Dont know the schedule or who we play though.

Glad to hear Kemper is doing well. MJ was at Trousdale also; but I had to be out of town for work. It is good to get reps in and get timing for receivers and QB against different defenses and allows defenses to work on coverage skills and schemes.

Yea MJ was playing behind us, I didnt get to watch too much until the fight broke out when they were playing Warren Central, lol. None of us played one another in our district. Station Camp were next to us and we never played them. I know some of the players on Beech and stopped and talked to them and never played them either.

Yea MJ was playing behind us, I didnt get to watch too much until the fight broke out when they were playing Warren Central, lol. None of us played one another in our district. Station Camp were next to us and we never played them. I know some of the players on Beech and stopped and talked to them and never played them either.

I heard about the fight. LOL From what my son told me; Warren Central had a linebacker that liked using the head slap. After about the fourth time the Bear offense had enough. The Warren Central player was ejected and did not play the rest of the day.

Seen your predictions but to play devils advocate today ;

Of the top teams picked what team has the best chance to disappoint....

1. MJ I know you tell me daddy perry is still in mix etc but its still a new coach, too many key players moved on and expectations due to your winning

2. Beech - Hurd better stay healthy ......

To those that are close if Hurd missed all of last year , realistically how many wins dies Beech get !

1. MJ I know you tell me daddy perry is still in mix etc but its still a new coach, too many key players moved on and expectations due to your winning

To those that are close if Hurd missed all of last year , realistically how many wins dies Beech get !

ND; I will agree it is fun playing devils advocate. You will not see any change in MJ; you will be surprised by what you see. You are also right about many good players moving on; but this is a team that does not count on just few. This team is very solid with a lot of talent all through out the team. Yes; they are young; but they hate losing more than they love to win. Beech would have easily been in the playoffs last year without Hurd. They may have lost 1 maybe two games all season before the playoffs. Those games being MJ and maybe Henry County. Many teams depend on a few players. If Indy loses VW or the DB that sat out last year; things could be rough. Of the teams in 9AAA that has the best chance to disappoint; it maybe Wilson Central or Station Camp. Both talented but; still learning how to win

if Hurd missed the entire year last year Beech loses to MJ and possibly Henry Co (only because Carter was not dressed for either of those games) I think Beech wins both of those games with Carter at tailback. They would have also lost to Northeast. Honestly ND, it seems as though you are fascinated with the idea of Hurd being injured. You've talked about this several times on here. If you want to put a "one-man team asterisk" by our state championship, feel free to do so. If it makes you feel better, I'll admit that we wouldn't have won the state without JH. Most teams with 5* recruits would miss them greatly if they lost them. Ask Jalen what kind of year he would have had without the 16 Sr starters from last year (6 of whom will play at the next level this year) Two other Sr's had the opportunity to play on Saturdays this year but chose to play other sports in college (baseball and wrestling).
  • Upvote 1