9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

Pride, game starts at 6. Saw the MJ freshman team practice. They have size like I have never seen before at MJ. Not just 3 or 4 ; but many bot on lines and skill positions; and plenty of athletes.

Thanks for the update. Great to hear about the freshmen team and hope it can translate into a perfect season for them. That has always been an issue with MJ only having a few with decent size. I wouldn't mind seeing size across the line like a Whitehaven each and every year.

Anyone have any scrimmage results? I know Oakland/Beech were scheduled for this morning.

It was a good scrimmage. Beech held their own in spots, but Oakland just has too much depth for them this year. Held Hurd in check for the most part, had one good run, but that was about it. Beech is still my choice to win it in 5A this year

how is gallatin looking in practice so far (numbers, size, speed, etc.)? haven't been able to make it over yet.

Currently 75 on Varsity and 50 on Freshman team. Decent size and speed overall, however it does vary positionally. The Freshman are just as big and fast as the varsity now, just young. They will be a very good group this year and you may see Gallatin play some freshman on varsity by year's end. Scrimmages are Cookville on the 6th, Shelbyville on the 9th and Summit on the 16th. Lighter schedule with Stewarts Creek and Trousdale County rather than Oakland and Brentwood. It should be a year to improve and strive to make playoffs this year while looking forward at a return to past glory.