9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

Woke up this morning. Thought about what Yall said. Yall are idiots. Guys this is not about Williams being nice. The guy is to nice. That's his problem. Perry is not liked by many. Because Perry is tough.Williams is nice. I will take my championships and show them to my kids and ggrandkids. These kids will tell there family members about there tea party's. Just because you play golf with him don't mean you need to hold his balls. Perry for president

Woke up this morning. Thought about what Yall said. Yall are idiots. Guys this is not about Williams being nice. The guy is to nice. That's his problem. Perry is not liked by many. Because Perry is tough.Williams is nice. I will take my championships and show them to my kids and ggrandkids. These kids will tell there family members about there tea party's. Just because you play golf with him don't mean you need to hold his balls. Perry for president

Ahh, name calling. I would hate to see what you teach your kids and grandkids. Obviously, you don't like Williams and I am sure you have never truly spoke to him in any manner even about football. Were you a Robert Lassiter fan? Calvin Short fan? Jim Barron fan? By the way, I don't play golf and yes I have been a humble part of a championship team. Take your lack of pride to Mt. Juliet and play golf with Perry. GREEN WAVE PRIDE through thick or thin, win, lose or draw. You are with us or against us.

• Upvote 1

Wow, give the man a chance, hes had one year so far, and wasn't dealt the best cards, hense the reason Coach Lassiter & Coach Porter left after the good team from 2 years ago. Coach Williams has plenty of success as a coach at Smyrna, he's been a part of a state champ team, and a state runner up to Maryville by a missed field goal. He knows how to win. I guarantee you he hated last season as much as anybody. He wants to win. He came to Gallatin because he knew there are great chances of that happening. I am pulling for the Green Wave no matter the circumstances, you can't be a fair weather fan. All of us fans/ coaches I guarantee you want to win another state title. Nobody is sitting around having tea parties like you stated. I understand that you are frustrated because of last season, all of us were, but that's in the past and its a new season. Everybody starts 0-0.

And with the talent that is coming up, the Wave should be extremely tough in the upcoming years.

GO GREEN WAVE

Any update on the Gallatin/Cookeville scrimmage?

Both Varsity and Freshman played hard and physical. Still much room for improvement as it was the Wave's first scrimmage and Cookeville's second. Varsity pulled it out 19-16 and Freshman won by a touchdown or two minus 2 starters it looked. Overall good first showing this year.

Not one of the Bears best outings. Very inconsistent. Started out great with the D forcing a three and out and then O drove right down the field and had a nice TD pass to go up 7-0.

D seemed to have a let down the second series as Shelbyville made a couple of big plays and scoring to tie it up. Shelbyville is a very good team. Loaded with speed and athletes. #6 is outstanding and #24 is a big back that can run. Bears did not get anything going the rest of the second quarter. There were some that started against CR that did not against the Eagles. MJ was down at the half 21-7.

Third qtr was hard fought by both teams. The Bears put together a real nice drive to cut the deficit to 21-14. Then MJ recovered a fumble on the kickoff ; but with the rules they were playing in the scrimmage; Shelbyville kept the ball. The Bears then blocked the punt and recovered it on the Eagle 2. Again; with the rules of the scrimmage; the refs moved the ball like it was a 30 yard punt from the line of scrimmage. MJ's D stepped up and made a huge play with a nice pick six to tie the game at 21 with 10 min to go in the 4th qtr. Bears were able to get a nice drive going with less than 6 minutes to play; but could not make a play when they needed to. Shelbyville kicked a field goal with 6 seconds to go get the win.

There were times the Bears just dominated; then others it seemed like they let up.

A lot of good things came out of the game and many players stepped up. Plenty of work to do for MJ before Lebanon.

Hillsboro is Friday night at 6 at MJ.

GO BEARS !