9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

MJPride, I agree that those large crowds have diminished, but when you have a 3-A school a few years ago now blossom to a 6-A school across town then that was bound to happen. The fastest growing area of Sumner County is the Station Camp area. Unfortunately Gallatin is growing as fast as MJ either. Gallatin used to be about the same size as MJ but now we are a good 500 kids smaller. I agree winning would cure some of the money short falls. However, if opposing teams would bring more fans it helps as well. Gallatin/MJ 2 years ago was one of the top 5 gates since ya'll built that new stadium. ( I know some administration over there) So there is nothing wrong with good gate games on the schedule. Besides, after the Brentwoods, Smyrna, Riverdales, Blackmans, Oaklands, and other top teams we have scheduled they are due for a Stewarts Cr and TC. Don't ya think?

Good read Slim but I am not sure if GPI rolled into Gallatin Central High School which was there at that time. Records on Gallatin football have been destroyed with multiple fires at the high school and local paper. It is hard to find information that old. Nashville Archives are incomplete as well. I wonder what his sources are?

What does Hendersonville have this year? Who will be there key players and their positions ? They always seem to be one of the most fundamentally sound teams every year.

Sr FB/LB Corey Jones (missed first 5 games last year but had almost 200 yds vs MJ when he came back)

Sr NG/FBI Anthony Tate (cousin of Golden and Wesley). At 260 lbs he packs a punch

Sr. WR/CB. Bailey Rogers. Good cover guy with good hands

JR RB Cameron Turner. Not very big but very fast

JR Qb. Jeremias Elston. Has gotten a lot bigger and has thrown it well in the offseason

Sr DT. Forest Wise. 6-4. 270

Lots of experience at Rb, linebacker, Db. Questions will be up front, talent but not much experience

Sorry Slim, TC isn't worth Mount Juliet's time. Just a fact.

We've played MJ's best for years...(uFCa) always gets the cream from MJ.

Oh, and don't forget we were the ones who broke Roger Perry's winning streak at Portland.

Like i said, just holla, when ya'll ready.

Edited by slimshady

Slimshady, Gallatin Poly Inst. was a private school and never a part of Gallatin Central High School back in the day. They closed their doors in 1926. I found out today.

Well, nevertheless, we have played Gallatin High before...a lot as a matter of fact...i know we were playing in the 30's and 40's....my Grandfather played for the Greenwave in the late 30's/early 40's, he told me personally that he played against Hartsville(as it was in the day). Said it was a great series. He enjoyed it a lot. I never got to ask him about the poly school thing i just assumed it was because of the time framing...so what year was Gallatin Central High founded?

Slim, I am not really sure but I did see a photo of the high school in 1890. It was located in a building that still exists on Main Street in Gallatin. I believe they started playing football around 1917 or so. Gallatin holds a 14-5 record against Hartsville.