9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

Picks for this week?

1) MJHS @ GHS - GHS in a close one unless Chowbay returns. With Chowbay, MJHS by 10.

2) HHS @ BHS - HHS in another close one. I think this is determined by a TD or less.

3) SCHS @ PHS - SCHS in a route. SCHS by 40.

4)LHS @ WCHS - WCHS looked to have it going last week. WCHS by at least 14.

Gallatin over MJ

SC over Portland

WC over Lebaon

I don't pick Hville games but I will say for all those forecasting the Bucs demise not so fast my friend. This is Hville week and I expect their kids to bring their A game and it doesn't matter who they line up at TB, Carter, Van Zant, Hawkins, Wright or even the younger Van Zant the Commandos know it will be a physical battle for 4 quarters and they have to be ready to play. I expect Beech to line up, come right at us and mix in some bootleg passes by Henry. Beech is still the King until someone knocks them off and I still expect them to go to Paris for a semifinal game in 6 weeks.

Is there an online article about the eligibility?

quote name="GWAVE1" post="3045519" timestamp="1382382644"]

Looks like its hitting the fan. Eligibility questions for Station Camp player just hit the news!!

http://www.gallatinnews.com/eligibility-questions-arise-at-station-camp-cms-127

There should not be an issue as long as the child moved from the Gallatin school zone into the Station Camp school zone. The word territory means "school zone" unless you're referring to private schools and it means "20 mile radius". If the child still lives in the Gallatin school zone, then there is a problem. My only concern would be if paperwork was submitted to the TSSAA and they messed up, whose fault would it be then?

There should not be an issue as long as the child moved from the Gallatin school zone into the Station Camp school zone. The word territory means "school zone" unless you're referring to private schools and it means "20 mile radius". If the child still lives in the Gallatin school zone, then there is a problem. My only concern would be if paperwork was submitted to the TSSAA and they messed up, whose fault would it be then?

I guess the question is did the player move and what did they put on the original paperwork in August? 2 years ago Signal Mtn had to vacate a bunch of wins over an eligibility question that ended up being that someone at the school had filled out the original paperwork incorrectly. The TSSAA had originally ruled the player eligible but after someone turned Signal Mtn in they discovered the error in the paperwork. There are some other parts to this story but not worth talking about now. Gallatin is very familiar with this process as all Green Wave fans remember from about 10 years ago when they had to vacate a bunch of wins in the middle of an outstanding season after I believe week 8 of that year. Very painful process.

Gallatin went through this with the Kyle Shipley mess. The TSSAA approved the kid twice and Gallatin was told he was eligible then we all know what happened. Not sure what the deal is with this kid. I bet it is not a cut and dry issue though. Hollingsworth's quote sounded clueless.

A guy at work was helping me today with my fretting, that we were in last place....He said," well look at the bright side, yall will get the first pick in the draft next year....Id take someone from Ellis or Hawkins, one of them 6' tall, 300lb linemen we are growing", then he smiled...........cant get that kind of help just any where, course his son plays golf at Hendersonville, lol. 

Just so it's cleared up everywhere the Gallatin faithful aired it, SC was found not NOT have played an illegal player, the player was reinstated and a childish attempt to sling mud was just not true. Shameful act that should be addressed.

9AAA is still a three team race, which by the way doesn't include Gallatin!