7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

I talked to him a few weeks back. He's in a real good spot. Loves Ole Miss, his coaches and team mates. He will get some reps this year, but has a couple upper classmen in front of him that will get the majority of the load. I would look for him to fly somewhat under the radar this year and make a Big Splash over the next two. He is such a solid kid, really easy to root for and nothing runs like The Train! :popcorneater:

Thanks for the info......

Riverdale v. McGavock @ 5pm, Oakland @ Father Ryan @ 5pm, Smyrna v. Tullahoma 6pm, Blackman v. McCallie 6pm, Siegel @ Centennial 6PM.

Thats all I got for right now

I saw on your website about "new stadiums needed in Smyrna and LaVergne."  The number of people who showed up to watch a 1-9 Smyrna team last year was way down from when they were winning.  And LaVergne?   Gradually from around 2005 or 2006 (?) to the present time, that went from good crowds of fans, students, parents, marching band affiliated people, etc. to a situation where they could move the pressbox to the visitors side and make it the home side.  I don't think new stadiums would happen anytime soon even tough there was some talk about expanding the tall steep narrow visitors side at both schools a few years ago. (which also did not happen)

I saw on your website about "new stadiums needed in Smyrna and LaVergne."  The number of people who showed up to watch a 1-9 Smyrna team last year was way down from when they were winning.  And LaVergne?   Gradually from around 2005 or 2006 (?) to the present time, that went from good crowds of fans, students, parents, marching band affiliated people, etc. to a situation where they could move the pressbox to the visitors side and make it the home side.  I don't think new stadiums would happen anytime soon even tough there was some talk about expanding the tall steep narrow visitors side at both schools a few years ago. (which also did not happen)

Maybe not, and maybe not a completely new stadium, but I think an improvement on the facilities at those 2 schools is much needed.

Blackman scrimmaged McCallie last night and McCallie won the overall scrimmage 24-22.  Very even scrimmage.  I saw some good and some bad from Blackman last night.  Definitely potential there, just have to put it all together.  McCallie moved the ball on us better than I would have hoped but I know they have a very good team.  I am worried about Blackmans special teams.  The kickoffs and field goal kicking looks solid but the punting is not very good right now.  That is going to hurt us somewhere down the road if we don't correct that.  Antonio Allen did not dress for this scrimmage so that affected our defensive performance I'm sure.  

Players that impressed for Blackman:

#2 Jennings looks really good at Safety and will be really good at quarterback with time.

#7 Killings looks athletic and made some plays on defense.  He did drop a long ball that would have been a touchdown.

#12 Armstrong looks good on defense especially for a sophomore.

#22 Notgrass looks good at Running Back.

#24 Davidson looks good at Running Back.

#30 Henry has potential at receiver

#40 Shanklin looks good on defensive line.

#14 Biliot looked good a qb late in game.

Blackman scrimmaged McCallie last night and McCallie won the overall scrimmage 24-22.  Very even scrimmage.  I saw some good and some bad from Blackman last night.  Definitely potential there, just have to put it all together.  McCallie moved the ball on us better than I would have hoped but I know they have a very good team.  I am worried about Blackmans special teams.  The kickoffs and field goal kicking looks solid but the punting is not very good right now.  That is going to hurt us somewhere down the road if we don't correct that.  Antonio Allen did not dress for this scrimmage so that affected our defensive performance I'm sure.  

Players that impressed for Blackman:

#2 Jennings looks really good at Safety and will be really good at quarterback with time.

#7 Killings looks athletic and made some plays on defense.  He did drop a long ball that would have been a touchdown.

#12 Armstrong looks good on defense especially for a sophomore.

#22 Notgrass looks good at Running Back.

#24 Davidson looks good at Running Back.

#30 Henry has potential at receiver

#40 Shanklin looks good on defensive line.

#14 Biliot looked good a qb late in game.

I like Davidson alot. I think he continues to progress, Blackman has the makings of a pretty potent running game

Smyrna v Tullahoma. Bulldogs took this one 30-6. Showed more improvement offensively. This was the best the O-line has done in a while. They have gotten better all summer but last night was truly the best I have seen this year. Even the backups did really well. They controlled the line of scrimmage all night. The running game was dominant with Ladaruis Summers carrying most of the load (while the 1s where on the field). Rodney Shelton was running hard and picking up big chunks as well. Matt Rodell is getting more comfortable everyday. The game has really slowed down for him. You can tell by the fact that his accuracy has greatly improved. Plus he has some nice targets to through to this year. Defensively the Bulldogs were flying around the ball. Solid tackling with a whole lot of intensity. Didn't give up anything big and spent some time in Tullahoma's backfield. Forced a couple of fumbles and had a pick. Nearly had two more picks. They looked like they were having fun. Nice to see that again. The kicking game is better in some areas and not so good in others. The field-goal kicking was excellent last night Rodell was 2-2 on the night with one from 38 and the other from 33. No issues with extra points. Kick off is the weak area. Haven't seen a ball make it to the endzone yet. Don't know if we are trying to pin them in a corner or if we just cant get it there. The one thing I have noticed this year is that the discipline is much better. I want to say I have seen only a couple of the 15 yard penalties this year. Last year we average three or four a game. Guess that is what happens when you are not as frustrated like last year. Overall a much improved team. So what is different about this team this year. First we would have lost this scrimmage last year by a couple of scores. Next it seems as if team chemistry is excellent. They seem to be playing assignment football. Fundamentally we have some room to improve. But still we are leaps and bounds ahead of where we were at last year. Cant wait until Tuesday. Station Camp comes our way. Then comes the jamboree on Friday. I look forward to seeing all teams play at the jamboree.