ROANE COUNTY FOOTBALL

For the person who asked for someone from the Inman family to comment, here I am. I very rarely get on here, and don't ever comment. First off, 80% of the comments are false! They are truly a matter of opinion, not fact. I coached at Rockwood for 6 years until we made a family decision to leave for personal reasons. We did look at going to Webb, and considered Hardin Valley, but the boys chose Grace. Contrary to popular belief, we were not recruited in anyway. Both private schools we visited were very professional and only talked to us when we visited the school (so as far as phone calls from coaches asking us to come to school at Grace is a big joke). For the person who said he talked to the Inman boys and they didn't say they were moving to Karns, that was because they hadn't found a place to live yet that's why they didn't say they were moving to Karns. I really appreciate the comment about my nephew being a D1 prospect. I am sure he would love for you to be a college scout since he is 5'7" and not being looked at by any college. Not to mention if you look at the blog about the top players in 2A and he's not even mentioned. I guess when you go to Private school your automatically A D1 player when you get on campus. All the hype about private versus public is a joke to me also. The proof is in the pudding!! Rockwood beat Grace, and was 26 seconds away from beating them last year. Two years in a row Rockwood had every chance to beat Boyd but one or two plays was the difference. Alcoa has more state championships than CAK, and Catholic hasn't been the top team in their classification. I take nothing from those teams, they are good. I just know that public schools are equally talented, and the private schools aren't just head and shoulders above the public schools. The boys move to Knoxville had nothing to do with being recruited by anyone, it was the best interest of the kids. Every school was considered and the decision believe it or not was not made based on athletics but for academic reasons. They are coming from a small school, so putting them in a school with 1200 to 2000plus students was not a good fit. When you say the boys were recruited you don't only attack Grace Christan Academy, you attack the integrity of our family.

THANKS ROCKYREBEL FOR GETTING US BACK ON TRACK I THINK THAT WAS A GREAT MOVE BY HARRIMAN BE GOOD FOR THE BOYS 2 GET SOME WINS. AND I THINK ROCKWOOD IS GOING 2 BE ROCKWOOD RUN 90% OF THE TIME AND BOOTLEG THE OTHER 10 AND PLAY PRETTY GOOD D. BUT MIDWAY COULD BE INTERESTING EVERY FEW YEARS THEY MAKE A PRETTY GOOD RUN THIS COULD BE ONE OF THEM YEARS

I expect Rockwood to still be a handfull!Midway I don't think so.

Ram Fan,

I could care less about this argument because it seems like there is always some reason you guys have to defend yourselves. BUT there are two sides to every story and the story coming out of Carter is that several family members and friends talked him out of leaving. Could it be possible that your Coach wants to save face and its easy to say a kid didn't get admitted to the school.

I have heard the exact same thing!Good point.

It will never happen by our choice. The financial side of it is the first and main reason. That's why Catholic dropped from D2 about 8 years back. If we charged $18,000 a year like Webb......well we could do that. But who wants to travel to Nashville for a district game.....not me.

So, as I said, unless TSSAA makes all privates move to D2.....Grace, CAK, Catholic.....and probably Boyd too, will never make that change.

Hopefully soon the TSSAA will put all privates in DII...that way you would only have to travel to Cedar Bluff for a couple of district games

For the person who asked for someone from the Inman family to comment, here I am. I very rarely get on here, and don't ever comment. First off, 80% of the comments are false! They are truly a matter of opinion, not fact. I coached at Rockwood for 6 years until we made a family decision to leave for personal reasons. We did look at going to Webb, and considered Hardin Valley, but the boys chose Grace. Contrary to popular belief, we were not recruited in anyway. Both private schools we visited were very professional and only talked to us when we visited the school (so as far as phone calls from coaches asking us to come to school at Grace is a big joke). For the person who said he talked to the Inman boys and they didn't say they were moving to Karns, that was because they hadn't found a place to live yet that's why they didn't say they were moving to Karns. I really appreciate the comment about my nephew being a D1 prospect. I am sure he would love for you to be a college scout since he is 5'7" and not being looked at by any college. Not to mention if you look at the blog about the top players in 2A and he's not even mentioned. I guess when you go to Private school your automatically A D1 player when you get on campus. All the hype about private versus public is a joke to me also. The proof is in the pudding!! Rockwood beat Grace, and was 26 seconds away from beating them last year. Two years in a row Rockwood had every chance to beat Boyd but one or two plays was the difference. Alcoa has more state championships than CAK, and Catholic hasn't been the top team in their classification. I take nothing from those teams, they are good. I just know that public schools are equally talented, and the private schools aren't just head and shoulders above the public schools. The boys move to Knoxville had nothing to do with being recruited by anyone, it was the best interest of the kids. Every school was considered and the decision believe it or not was not made based on athletics but for academic reasons. They are coming from a small school, so putting them in a school with 1200 to 2000plus students was not a good fit. When you say the boys were recruited you don't only attack Grace Christan Academy, you attack the integrity of our family.

Most of that post was out of sarcasm,Inman has my respect a very good athlete.

Call me a non believer, I don't believe the 1st word of it.

You have to admit though, that would be some really good BS. :roflol:

Using his 1st ever post to defend Grace was sorta telling wouldn't you think Reaction. Another thing is ,if some private school tried to recruit my kids,it would,t bother me in the least, as a matter of fact, I would be flattered.

Cudos to you Coach Inman for being a disgrace to Rockwood. It's funny out of "every school" your boys looked at, they picked Grace. I can see why you left Rockwood with your unlogical thinking. Privates have every advantage over publics any day. On a good year a public schools can compete with a private, but not year in and year out. Private schools have magical transfers from all over, as opposed to publics playing with what they're given! They're might be a handful of publics that consistently compete with private schools in 1A and 2A. If you were so worried about academics above all else, why not send them to Concord or Knox Christian, to solely focus on academics. The integrity of you and the boys speaks volumes when you leave a place you've coached and your family has played at to go to a private school that's known state-wide for their cheating and poor sportsmanship! Have fun at Grace, especially when the investigation gets started again soon. I guarantee you Coach Webb doesn't take to nicely to this classless move.