Whitehaven vs Maryville Part lll, "The Tie Breaker"

dannyq

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Why don't y'all just drive over and we can play. I bet we can get it on TV.

MHS_WH_ESTL.jpg

We don't look to be much farther than East Saint Louis.

Call gq_redblack75_zpsc88b4909.jpg

DQ_zpsa46c13de.jpg

RR:

This year's annual, out-of-town, during the regular season, road-trip game for Whitehaven will be to play Sacred Heart-Griffin (Ill) on Oct. 5. I don't know how far that is from last year's road-trip game site, I'll leave that up to you to figure out. I think we will leave any possible Whitehaven vs Maryville game to be played for all of the marbles in 6A in Tennessee, as it should be, if it were to work out that way again this year or in future years.

Edited by kwc

I want to see Whitehaven play South Panola (MS) or Hoover (AL) one day in the future... Has Maryville ever played a powehouse or good program from GA or VA? Just wondering

It's really a good way to get your team prepared for the post season. It's like a trial run for those big semi-final, or state championship type games where you have to travel a long distance to play a really good team. Playing another team who is totally new to you and vice versa. Then there is the whole travel arrangments part that goes with it. The upperclassmen get to show the underclassmen how to prepare for an outing such as this. They get to demonstrate by example how they can relax and have fun on the road, yet how serious the whole experience can be. Parents, alumni, band, and all involved get a chance to experience the aspect of traveling for a big game, just like the college teams do it. It can be hectic pulling it all together, but this isn't the program's first time doing this, so I'm sure that this thing is getting easier and better with each experience. I think it's a great experience for the players, the team, for all involved. It also gives them an opportunity to bond even more while on the road. It is a great teaching tool. Who doesn't like a road trip in that environment? You and your teammates get on the road to go play a really good team like Hoover (ALA) or Dallas Skyline or 'fill in the blank'. Now that's got to be motivational!

It's really a good way to get your team prepared for the post season. It's like a trial run for those big semi-final, or state championship type games where you have to travel a long distance to play a really good team. Playing another team who is totally new to you and vice versa. Then there is the whole travel arrangments part that goes with it. The upperclassmen get to show the underclassmen how to prepare for an outing such as this. They get to demonstrate by example how they can relax and have fun on the road, yet how serious the whole experience can be. Parents, alumni, band, and all involved get a chance to experience the aspect of traveling for a big game, just like the college teams do it. It can be hectic pulling it all together, but this isn't the program's first time doing this, so I'm sure that this thing is getting easier and better with each experience. I think it's a great experience for the players, the team, for all involved. It also gives them an opportunity to bond even more while on the road. It is a great teaching tool. Who doesn't like a road trip in that environment? You and your teammates get on the road to go play a really good team like Hoover (ALA) or Dallas Skyline or 'fill in the blank'. Now that's got to be motivational!

I agree with everything you say. Wish you could talk your staff and administration into signing up for a home-and-home series with Ensworth. White Station has been playing MUS and Christian Brothers for years, and I think it has been well received and useful for all. Ensworth has been having a hard time finding D1 schools that will play home-and-home. I know Ensworth is willing to travel to Memphis (played MUS in a non-region home-and-home last two years) and it would give y'all a trip very close to the same distance as Cookeville. Would love to see it happen!! Good luck to both Whitehaven and Maryville this year - I would love to see them strap it up in Cookeville again this year!!!