AA Girls Basketball Teams

secretagentman

If the Hooper girl don't play and CAK looses in the Region, that going to knock all the girls out of playing time.

I know the whole group, all of those girls want to win it all. They want to play with their best chance of winning. This is no different than all the football players coming over to basketball after their season is over.

Please just shut up and let them play .

Glad you know them ALL so well. Go ask the the ones who have worked for the past 9 months and are going to lose playing time because of this. But like you said, their all ok with it. Doubtful!

Everybody needs to settle down. This is kids were talking about. If you can't play the best  and win why play at all. Let CAK explain to their  kids why this is fair and winning not everything. But from someone that plays in a differ district And will see them down the road bring your best because you will need them. Good luck to all

So, you're telling me that if LA had a 6'6 girl that played on the team last year, decided not to start the season due to her being a star athlete in another sport (and getting somewhat overwhelmed with playing sports) and she makes herself available to play basketball the last half of the season, you wouldn't let her play? If Gibson Co. had a 6'6 girl walking the halls right now and decided to come out and play, I'd be all for it! 

I can't speak for the LA coaching staff but I  don't believe it would happen on the LA girls team. Believe it or not, some coaches actually show loyalty to the players who have given the blood, sweat and tears and still manage to have a very successful. winning program. It's called "good coaching".

Would a 5'5" backup post who didn't score a point the previous year have a spot "held"?

yes, if she contributed something to my team this year that I didn't have prior to her arriving. Whether it be an extra clapper on the end of the bench or a stud post player that no one could stop. It's a difference in opinion here. If I was the coach, and my players agreed with it, you better believe I would take a 6'6 post player that could bring a state championship to a school. That coach is out there for his sake too. He has a job to do, and especially at a school like CAK, state championships and winning are what determine whether you keep a job or not.

Nuke

Briana Bryant is a fantastic player. Unfortunately she was injured last year. If she had been healthy she may have been the difference in the state championship. Don't forget Hietzman and Nailer as well. Both are very deserving of a look as well.

You would think such a big supporter of the Lady Warriors could at least spell Naler correctly........

Have a feeling that EBTHER is VERY VERY VERY close the the CAK girl we are talking about. If I had to guess I would say either her Mother or hr Father..

EBTHER  

There's no reason to answer this. Also there is no reason to promote or defend this girl. She has done a great job (it seems) on the volleyball court. She is going to a D1 school for FREE!!!! It's a shame that adults come on here and have to defend athletes. If the adults would sit back and let the kids play it would be a much better atmosphere. 

This situation has nothing to do with the young lady. It has EVERYTHING to do with the administration, the coaching star and her parents. If they feel it's the best thing for all involved then it's the best for all involved.

Have a feeling that EBTHER is VERY VERY VERY close the the CAK girl we are talking about. If I had to guess I would say either her Mother or hr Father..

EBTHER  

There's no reason to answer this. Also there is no reason to promote or defend this girl. She has done a great job (it seems) on the volleyball court. She is going to a D1 school for FREE!!!! It's a shame that adults come on here and have to defend athletes. If the adults would sit back and let the kids play it would be a much better atmosphere. 

This situation has nothing to do with the young lady. It has EVERYTHING to do with the administration, the coaching star and her parents. If they feel it's the best thing for all involved then it's the best for all involved.

Right is right and wrong is wrong. Just because the administration, coaching staff, and parents "feel it is the best thing for all involved" does not make it so.

• Upvote 1

yes, if she contributed something to my team this year that I didn't have prior to her arriving. Whether it be an extra clapper on the end of the bench or a stud post player that no one could stop. It's a difference in opinion here. If I was the coach, and my players agreed with it, you better believe I would take a 6'6 post player that could bring a state championship to a school. That coach is out there for his sake too. He has a job to do, and especially at a school like CAK, state championships and winning are what determine whether you keep a job or not.

Just win BABY!!