District 10A - 2013

Shep

And the "Work Study" team beat Mc Ewen.

Yep..."work study" just a fancy word for recruiting. Sad that is being allowed. Seriously, what a sham. And regarding the comment about CA, they do not have a bought team at all. Just look at them, barely enough to field a team and most of the ones on the field are small. As a fan whose boys have long since graduated, I wish CA would take the initiative and mimic NCS with their recruiting of athletes, I mean "work study". And before the NCS fans get offended, not jealous at all of your success. Just wish it was success earned honestly. I have no problem with a team winning fairly, but with it being against the rules to recruit in 1A., how this is being allowed to happen is a mystery.

Yep..."work study" just a fancy word for recruiting. Sad that is being allowed. Seriously, what a sham. And regarding the comment about CA, they do not have a bought team at all. Just look at them, barely enough to field a team and most of the ones on the field are small. As a fan whose boys have long since graduated, I wish CA would take the initiative and mimic NCS with their recruiting of athletes, I mean "work study". And before the NCS fans get offended, not jealous at all of your success. Just wish it was success earned honestly. I have no problem with a team winning fairly, but with it being against the rules to recruit in 1A., how this is being allowed to happen is a mystery.

And the "Work Study" team beat Mc Ewen.

We didn't just beat McEwen..... we "worked" really hard in practice, "studied" some film, and won another easy one.  In fact, it was so convincing, the coaching staff decided to give the boys a Saturday off today.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Shep/Moto,

Question for the experts on here......  We came out last night, ran a no-huddle offense, with a  different offensive set (throwing the ball all over the place) and were pretty darn successful with it.  #34 only carried the ball 6 times (for 152 yards).  What's the purpose of that?  To show other teams we can do that?  I'm confused.

In all seriousness NCSdad1962, can you explain to me how an athlete at NCS (lets use a player on the football team for example) has time to "work" enough hours at a fair wage to compensate for paying the tuition? How is said player able to go to school and go to practice yet while basically working a full time job, or "work study"? Just trying to figure out how this "work study" works so other private schools can get on board and start hitting up the neighboring public schools and recruit some players to "work study", especially for those private schools with very small roster numbers.

Edited by NancyBotwin

Shep/Moto,

Question for the experts on here......  We came out last night, ran a no-huddle offense, with a  different offensive set (throwing the ball all over the place) and were pretty darn successful with it.  #34 only carried the ball 6 times (for 152 yards).  What's the purpose of that?  To show other teams we can do that?  I'm confused.

That is impressive stats (#34 with 6 carries for 152 yards.)  Other schools would kill to have that kind of OL able to block to make that happen. And #34 is just a sophomore? Sounds like he did a great job and is a very talented player.  

In all seriousness NCSdad1962, can you explain to me how an athlete at NCS (lets use a player on the football team for example) has time to "work" enough hours at a fair wage to compensate for paying the tuition? How is said player able to go to school and go to practice yet while basically working a full time job, or "work study"? Just trying to figure out how this "work study" works so other private schools can get on board and start hitting up the neighboring public schools and recruit some players to "work study", especially for those private schools with very small roster numbers.

The majority of the "work" time is put in during the summer.  And, of course, it doesn't completely cover tuition.  The families that receive help from the program also pay tuition.  The thing that cracks me up about everyone's "concern" is that you are not one bit familiar with the way it all works, so you assume it must be sinister.  If you knew the school's admin (especially Jeff Brothers), you would know there is nothing fishy going on.  I get the impression, you think good athletes are attending our school for free - it ain't happening (except for that one kid that consistently bowls 300 games on the bowling team).

That is impressive stats (#34 with 6 carries for 152 yards.)  Other schools would kill to have that kind of OL able to block to make that happen. And #34 is just a sophomore? Sounds like he did a great job and is a very talented player.  

If I can get his longest rumble on youtube I will let everyone know.  It's a classic.  The whole crowd was on our feet, applauding for probably 60 seconds afterwards.  He broke 5-6 tackles, stiff-armed a DB like he was gnat, and kept right on going.

He played RB. I may be in the minority here but I like the move to RB. I thought the CA QB did an excellent job of running the read option. With #15 at QB I really don't see a need to stay too honest on the option. If CA had another RB then yes he should be the QB but I didn't see anybody else that I'd play there. It's my understanding that CA couldn't get a few players over the summer...had they gotten them they'd be pretty tough to handle. They're just a few players away from being really good.[/quote

What a stupid uninformed statement. "it's my understanding CA couldn't get a few players over the summer...had they gotten them they'd be pretty tough to handle." Who didn't we get??? What are the names?? Since you are so informed. We only have the players that are registered for school who are eligible. We have 25 active players. We are really good for our numbers. Injuries have taken a toll on over skill positions.

We'll Houston Co got beat by another bought team tonight. Clarksville Academy 35 HC 7 with 5:49 left in the 4th.

What do you mean by a bought team. aren't you guys a 2A school??? Sore loser! I choose to not have a car payment and our family gives up other things so we can pay our sons tuition at Clarksville Academy. No one pays anything for us. It's all about choices. No on recruits anyone. The school sells itself. Quality education and good sports programs and facilities/coached.