11-AAA

I have a few observations from the Dickson Co. vs Franklin game.

I know Franklin fans are happy to see a good 2-0 start to the season, coupled with a good win to open the district schedule. But in my "casual bystander" opinion, FHS was a much better team than Dickson Co. on Thursday night, yet they allowed DC to stay in the game. Let's not forget without a blocked punt, and a 47-yard FG Franklin looses this game

How was FHS "a much better team"?  How did FHS let DC stay in the game? Did you have your TV on the same channel as the rest of middle Tennessee? DC did lose the battle but as anyone could see, they never gave up and could have won the game with the FG late in the game. I do not agree with your opinion at all !! 

Edited by dc80

How was FHS "a much better team"?  How did FHS let DC stay in the game? Did you have your TV on the same channel as the rest of middle Tennessee? DC did lose the battle but as anyone could see, they never gave up and could have won the game with the FG late in the game. I do not agree with your opinion at all !! 

I am a little biased but IMO Franklin was the better team last Thurs.  If it wasn't for Franklin committing stupid penalties the game would not have been as close as it was.  DC's offense struggled for the majority of the night to move the ball and was aided several times by Franklin's defense/special teams committing penalties.

DC played well and kept fighting to stay in the game but based on what I saw they did not have near as much talent on the field as Franklin.

Franklin has a long way to go this year to be considered a really good team but I like the way DW has his team moving in the right direction.

I think it was a simple opinion. Franklin has an offense that can pass (#10,#4, #85, #13) and run (#23, #11). Meanwhile DC was one dimensional with their running game. However, their adjustment to a spread option rather than the T option was a wrinkle they could have went to more consistently.