Anderson County at Clinton

Space3

I heard some kind of rule about transferring and still being in the same district or some such. Chapman can play after sitting out the first 2 games, I think. Cause he only played the first 2 ganes at Clinton last year.  Don't quote or bet on my information.

BUT

JUST

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

I heard some kind of rule about transferring and still being in the same district or some such. Chapman can play after sitting out the first 2 games, I think. Cause he only played the first 2 ganes at Clinton last year. Don't quote or bet on my information.

BUT

JUST

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

Believe this is correct...

I believe Clinton will throw everything they got at at AC. I always hope the best for Clinton because I went there but things really need to change there..it's getting really old.

I'd say you're right Kidd...I mean Clinton has nothing to lose. I would say if we don't see any signs of Clinton getting any better, this might be Kerr's last season there. We can't continue to let our best players slip away and rebuild this program imo.

I'd say you're right Kidd...I mean Clinton has nothing to lose. I would say if we don't see any signs of Clinton getting any better, this might be Kerr's last season there. We can't continue to let our best players slip away and rebuild this program imo.

Some of the Dragons best players for years have been going to AC. Pyke being one of the recent ones. I know Curt Larue back in the late 90's. Darn good RB who left for AC. You guys keep your players you will be ok, but can't be letting them slip away like you said. Need somebody with some fire to come in and grab them kids' attention. Teach them about Dragon history. You guys aren't up there with the Maryville's, Alcoa's, etc in terms of history, but you guys have some history of your own. Charles Mcrae, Larry Seivers, the 92 squad, Whitt, Scarborough, etc..... Edited by SweetScience

It needed to be his last year a year ago..Kids do not want to play for him and that is straight from them...he trys to combat that with cool uniforms but you can only do do much. We should have hired Scotty..plain and simple.

It needed to be his last year a year ago..Kids do not want to play for him and that is straight from them...he trys to combat that with cool uniforms but you can only do do much. We should have hired Scotty..plain and simple.

Kerr actually got to teach at the high school last year for the first time.  It has already helped.  He has also kept the incoming group of freshmen intact.  Anybody that saw that group play last year knows they are legit.  There will probably be 2 freshmen starting and possibly a third.  He has also made a great upgrade at the OC Position this year.  He has done a good job with the hand he was dealt.  

Clinton has lost a lot of kids to transfers, but that started before Kerr got there, just look at Grace Christians teams the past 2 years.  They had several Clinton kids that were difference makers.   Its a shame kids don't stick it out with the kids they grow up with anymore.  Its easier to jump ship and ride someone else's coat tail to winning.  That being said, I hope Clinton turn things around this year, but their depth and lack of line will make it tough.  

Now, for the game.  I think Clinton will be hard pressed to contain Hicks in the back field.  Hicks is a special kid, and does so many things you cant teach.  He will be the difference maker in determining if AC can push past Powell or Oak Ridge this year.  AC wins this one by 3 scores.

Kerr actually got to teach at the high school last year for the first time.  It has already helped.  He has also kept the incoming group of freshmen intact.  Anybody that saw that group play last year knows they are legit.  There will probably be 2 freshmen starting and possibly a third.  He has also made a great upgrade at the OC Position this year.  He has done a good job with the hand he was dealt.  

Clinton has lost a lot of kids to transfers, but that started before Kerr got there, just look at Grace Christians teams the past 2 years.  They had several Clinton kids that were difference makers.   Its a shame kids don't stick it out with the kids they grow up with anymore.  Its easier to jump ship and ride someone else's coat tail to winning.  That being said, I hope Clinton turn things around this year, but their depth and lack of line will make it tough.  

Now, for the game.  I think Clinton will be hard pressed to contain Hicks in the back field.  Hicks is a special kid, and does so many things you cant teach.  He will be the difference maker in determining if AC can push past Powell or Oak Ridge this year.  AC wins this one by 3 scores.

Wow those are some orange tinted glasses you have Dyron!!! AC by at least double what you say-hope everybody stays healthy-soooo glad its game week!!!!

36 to 7  AC!! Go MAVS...  

Space, I think the Dragons are in for a long night the next week when they come to the Ship for Gaddis' and the Cats home opener.  OR could be coming off an opening night loss to the Ads and take it out on Clinton. 

I wish Clinton the best and wish they could get back to being competitive.  It's alot more fun to play Clinton when they have a chance to beat you.  Ever since Stone Hazlehurst and then Patrick left they've been hurtin'  I give alot of credit to the kids that continue to show up for practice over there.  It's tough playing on a losing team and taking that pounding when you pretty much know your not likely to win.  And on top of that teenagers are cruel.  I'm sure what they hear in the hallways about the football team doesn't help either.