8-AA 2013-14

dctiger

Why wouldn't he play his own kids if they are good enough to play. Coach McWilliams does well and im glad to have him as Uppermans coach

His kids are the best that actually play but not best in school. If kids like York, Stevenson, and Sauceman, last season,would have all been 4 year members of the bball team, they would be much better. The enviroment he creates trying to get kids to choose to only play bball only has backfired on his program many times. I have heard this from several folks in Baxter. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

His kids are the best that actually play but not best in school. If kids like York, Stevenson, and Sauceman, last season,would have all been 4 year members of the bball team, they would be much better. The enviroment he creates trying to get kids to choose to only play bball only has backfired on his program many times. I have heard this from several folks in Baxter.

You are too funny. Baxter needs to start hockey, badminton, and table tennis teams and York would all state in all of them. Give it a rest or marry the guy.

His kids are the best that actually play but not best in school. If kids like York, Stevenson, and Sauceman, last season,would have all been 4 year members of the bball team, they would be much better. The enviroment he creates trying to get kids to choose to only play bball only has backfired on his program many times. I have heard this from several folks in Baxter.

I agree that Basketball coaches try to get kids to stray from the gridiron but this isn't exclusive from coach McWilliams. The coach before him did the same thing. I played when coach McWilliams was an assistant coach and he knows his stuff. I'm friends with the family and they are the most competitive people I have ever met. I knew when his kids where old enough to play that some fans would bring this b.s. up. Its just not the truth thay he would play his kids over someone that is better. Upperman fans has had a history of being clueless but I just cant let this slide. Its just stupid to say that he is playing his kids over better players.... just stupid Edited by crow6424

I agree that Basketball coaches try to get kids to stray from the gridiron but this isn't exclusive from coach McWilliams. The coach before him did the same thing. I played when coach McWilliams was an assistant coach and he knows his stuff. I'm friends with the family and they are the most competitive people I have ever met. I knew when his kids where old enough to play that some fans would bring this b.s. up. Its just not the truth thay he would play his kids over someone that is better. Upperman fans has had a history of being clueless but I just cant let this slide. Its just stupid to say that he is playing his kids over better players.... just stupid

Just look at LA's last two state tourn teams and see how many football players wqere also on the bball team. In AA, you can't have kids being 1 sports stars and win. The sauceman kid was like 6'6 250 and supposidly could do a complete back and front flip. And was told he tried out for bballand didn't make it. Makes no sense at all. If your from UH, 6'6, can walk and chew gum you should be on the court if you choose to play. That size would have made a big impact on the team. Could you imagine if McCoin and Hayes hadn't played bball last year for lA?

Just look at LA's last two state tourn teams and see how many football players wqere also on the bball team. In AA, you can't have kids being 1 sports stars and win. The sauceman kid was like 6'6 250 and supposidly could do a complete back and front flip. And was told he tried out for bballand didn't make it. Makes no sense at all. If your from UH, 6'6, can walk and chew gum you should be on the court if you choose to play. That size would have made a big impact on the team. Could you imagine if McCoin and Hayes hadn't played bball last year for lA?

You are correct that a lot of football players are athletic enough to play basketball but basketball is a sport that you have to practice to be good at. I played with a few of the most athletic football players on the team but their basketball skills were comical.

Bobby McWilliams does a great job at Upperman. There is a lot of hate towards him from other teams, and yes, he might bring it on himself with the way he is so competitive. However, he does a great job.

On a side note, I do enjoy watching his son Tyler play. I do believe, and this is no offense to anyone else, that he is the glue that keeps that team together. If he weren't on the floor, I don't think this team is nearly as competitive. Great player...the Truth.

Bobby McWilliams does a great job at Upperman. There is a lot of hate towards him from other teams, and yes, he might bring it on himself with the way he is so competitive. However, he does a great job.

On a side note, I do enjoy watching his son Tyler play. I do believe, and this is no offense to anyone else, that he is the glue that keeps that team together. If he weren't on the floor, I don't think this team is nearly as competitive. Great player...the Truth.

Bobby McWilliams does a very average job at Upperman. His son Tyler is a great three point threat but Upperman has a few of those. Glue? More like an important piece on offense but no more so than the rest of the starters. Tyler does have more technicals than any other player. The rub comes from how he treats his sons (and how his sons can talk back to him) in games. The minutes he gives his freshman son in varsity playing time is strictly a daddy act. The players know its a rigged setup......the real Truth.

Bobby McWilliams does a very average job at Upperman. His son Tyler is a great three point threat but Upperman has a few of those. Glue? More like an important piece on offense but no more so than the rest of the starters. Tyler does have more technicals than any other player. The rub comes from how he treats his sons (and how his sons can talk back to him) in games. The minutes he gives his freshman son in varsity playing time is strictly a daddy act. The players know its a rigged setup......the real Truth.

Jumping my opinion doesn't change my opinion. Sorry.