8-AA 2013-14

dctiger

Coach Melton was dismissed. He never has quit on ANY team he has ever coached. That's bogus. Somebody made a terrible decision.

I disagree King. Yes, he was dismissed. I'm not sure exactly why. He seems to be a good man and without a doubt he knows and loves the game. I haven't seen many games this year but in the few I have seen, I have seen him quit. I saw him set at York with a towel over his head and stop coaching. I've seen another time or 2where he would quit and set and drink his soda. I'm sure a lot of it was out of frustration but when the kids are looking to him for guidance and he sets and does nothing, to me that is quitting. Again, probably out of frustration, but if you don't allow the kids to quit trying, you shouldn't either. Terrible decision? Maybe. But it looks like he brings some of it on himself, fair or unfair.

I disagree King. Yes, he was dismissed. I'm not sure exactly why. He seems to be a good man and without a doubt he knows and loves the game. I haven't seen many games this year but in the few I have seen, I have seen him quit. I saw him set at York with a towel over his head and stop coaching. I've seen another time or 2where he would quit and set and drink his soda. I'm sure a lot of it was out of frustration but when the kids are looking to him for guidance and he sets and does nothing, to me that is quitting. Again, probably out of frustration, but if you don't allow the kids to quit trying, you shouldn't either. Terrible decision? Maybe. But it looks like he brings some of it on himself, fair or unfair.

We'll just agree to disagree.

Yeah. And once I saw him almost close one eye. And once he was a little taller than I thought he was. And once his chair was crooked. And once I'm pretty sure his shoe was untied and he sat down and quit to tie it. Really? Has anyone in Carthage TN ever noticed how that girls coach acts????? Slinging his fists, jumping up and down, choking himself with his tie.... and even he sits down sometimes, and according to you, quits. Melton may bring it on himself for sure but he will find a place where people will allow him to push kids to excellence. Yes. Terrible decision for all involved, but probably a really good one for the few whiners who can't stand the heat... at least for now.

Edited by B-O-B-C-A-T-S

Yeah. And once I saw him almost close one eye. And once he was a little taller than I thought he was. And once his chair was crooked. And once I'm pretty sure his shoe was untied and he sat down and quit to tie it. Really? Has anyone in Carthage TN ever noticed how that girls coach acts????? Slinging his fists, jumping up and down, choking himself with his tie.... and even he sits down sometimes, and according to you, quits. Melton may bring it on himself for sure but he will find a place where people will allow him to push kids to excellence. Yes. Terrible decision for all involved, but probably a really good one for the few whiners who can't stand the heat... at least for now.

He came from one good program with good players with great success which probable hurt him on his move to SC were I thought he was making progress. Pattern yes will he learn Don't know. When you are on top act the same, work harder improve because you are not going to stay there. Time to move on        

I wasn't speaking on girls bb, volleyball, softball or cheerleading. I'm not a fan of Barry Smith the coach, nor girls bb for that matter. I was talking about boys bb.

Who was whining about what? And can't stand what "heat"? It appears YOU know more about the situation than I do, so what was the deal? I gave my limited observation, but evidently, according to you, I'm way off base. Please enlighten me. BUT I'd bet my last dollar you have no idea.

Edited by Moonshiner